PDA

View Full Version : I heard from Scooter's mom today

bumpergirl
02-19-2006, 07:29 PM
I got a call from Scooter's mom today, which was kind of funny because I had a dream about him last night.

Scooter continues to thrive in his new home. He is VERY bonded to Dana, his hoo-mom, and follows her everywhere. He and the cat have become "best buds", and the cat has a wonderful time swatting Scooter's tail around while he's sleeping. Since Scooter has no feeling in his back end, his tail included, he just sleeps right through it, and if he wakes up he doesn't seem bothered by it at all.

Dana walked Scooter over to the neighbor's house yesterday, and on the walk they happened to see another neighbor walking his two dogs several yards down the sidewalk. Scooter got very excited to see the other dogs, and took off in his wheels as far as the leash would let him to go meet them.

Dana is going to try to bring Scooter to our Meetup next Saturday. If she's not able to make it, I will be going over to see him next weekend to take him the three new sets of "Scootin' Jammies" I made for him. I'll be sure to take pictures!

Laurie' s Dachshunds
02-19-2006, 07:34 PM
Thank you so much for the update! I was just looking at his pics the other day!!! I' ll be happy to see more of him!

Goob
02-19-2006, 07:35 PM
Awesome news!!!!!

That's so great Kelly. YOu did that for him. :angel7: :appl: :appl:

lotsadox
02-19-2006, 07:41 PM
I'm so glad that Scooter is doing so well. :banana: You're an :angel7:

areese
02-19-2006, 07:59 PM
Oh that is so cool. It's wonderful he is doing so well and is so loved....

K2
02-19-2006, 08:32 PM
That is great!! :hearts: I am so glad that everything is going so well!

Patt
02-19-2006, 09:26 PM
:thanx: for the update. It is wonderful to hear how great he is doing and he has a kitty for a buddy. I'm looking forward to seeing his pics. :hearts: :hearts:

Nancy
02-19-2006, 10:41 PM
that is soooo good to hear! sounds like he's adjusting to the new home without any problems!

Jacqueline
02-20-2006, 02:27 AM
I was just talking to a friend in Tennessee about Scooter today...telling her about the jammies you made him. I'm glad to hear that he is getting along so well, and looking forward to seeing more photos of him.

HotDogMama
02-20-2006, 07:00 AM
:boogie: Yay!! I'm glad he is doing so well! What a cutie, can't wait to see him. :happy2:

Alex's Mom
02-20-2006, 09:08 AM
Sounds likes a special dog has found a special home!! And all because of you, :angel7: I loved the image of the cat swatting his tail, and him snoozin' right through it, as well as him rushing over to see the new dogs. Such a good beginning to a Monday to read this!

JanUet
02-20-2006, 10:00 AM
:awww:the mental image of him sleeping while the cat plays with his tail just makes me smile!

Thanks for the update on "Our" Scooter, I do think of him often.
What a lucky guy he is to have had such a Wonderful Foster Mom and now a Loving and Caring Forever Family. :kisses:

Rae
02-20-2006, 10:50 AM
Kelly that is fabulous. I am so glad you were able to find our special boy such a special family to love... :hearts:

Mama S.
02-20-2006, 11:43 AM
This is thrilling to hear that everyone is so in love!! Can't wait to see the pictures of our baby boy!
Sandi

Bella's Mom
02-20-2006, 03:02 PM
That is great news! So glad Scooter is doing so well in his new home! Yay!! :cheer2:

Chrystyna
02-24-2006, 09:38 PM
That is so great to hear! I almost spit my drink out though when you said "he took off on his wheels"!

LUVMYGUNNER
02-24-2006, 11:44 PM
Anymore news on this little guy.