PDA

View Full Version : Teacup Agility

areese
06-07-2009, 10:19 AM
Well..we did it. It was fun. There were no actual teacups involved :)
But there were silly games.
Since we had to start in Beginner, it was not really challenging. Salsa did not run as fast as she usually does but it was a new place and the obstacles are close together and it's a smaller course so we couldn't get a lot of speed up (she likes to run WITH me and there wasn't that much room to run).
But she did qualify in 3 of the 4 runs and got all first places. And, unlike the other venues, she was not the only dog running at 4 inches :)
I ran Owen Weenieboy in 2 and he qualified in both and got a 1st and a 2nd (his lil sister beat him)
They have some weird games in teacup. The first one was a reg. standard course and at 4 points on the course the handler had to jump over a jump while the dog did another obstacle. Not that thrilling or hard.
But the last game was really silly. There were 5 obstacles in a straight line
jump, a-frame, jump, tunnel (in a "U" shape) and tire. Then a table and a big pillow. You had to do the 1st obstacle 1 time, the 2nd 2 times, the 3rd, 3 times and the 4th, 4. Then do the tire and then the handler was supposed to go sit on the pillow and the dog was supposed to sit on the table. You couldn't sit the dog on the table then go sit down-you had to be on the pillow first. Owen did it fine. Salsa...she just stared at me with her squinty eyes and would not sit on a hard table while I sat on the pillow. To her credit, she did not get off the table but she performed a quick repetoire of tricks...spinning, touching the table with her nose, waving, speaking...but would NOT sit down. She really didn't understand but it was soooo funny. Esp. the evil looks. Everyone loved her of course.
There were a lot of doxies there!!! My friend Staci came with Finnigan and Beamer (Fin doesn't run cuz he's a baby dog still) and another woman was there with 3 other-1 smooth brindle, a LH blue and tan, and a LH black and tan pie. Salsa was the littlest dog of the little dogs. There was a teeny yorkie there that was very good and fast..prob. only about 4 pounds. We sat by a nice puggle that was the biggest dog there! They were just starting out and Maya finally qualified at the end so that was fun.
LOOONNNGGGGG drive though. I wish there was somewhere closer. But we tried it and I'll prob. go back just since now they are already registered and I might as well get some titles :)
Sorry, no video. Rob slept in the truck and it was REALLY crowded in there so when he did wake up he left to go exploring and such in Traverse City. They had never had that many people show up before. Perhaps they all heard the famous SALSA was coming. Rob said a woman asked if we'd be back tomorrow and when he said no, she said, o we will all miss Salsa. O yeah, and the other two. :rotfl:

Tex
06-07-2009, 10:35 AM
:congrats: on the runs! Wish there were pictures, but I have a great visual in my head of Salsa refusing to sit on the hard table while mommy got to sit on a pillow!!!!!!

Barb
06-07-2009, 11:01 AM
It sounds like fun !!! :( on no pictures...maybe someone else will have some ! Too funny - our Salsa is famous :D Yay for Owee too !

areese
06-07-2009, 11:08 AM
It sounds like fun !!! :( on no pictures...maybe someone else will have some ! Too funny - our Salsa is famous :D Yay for Owee too !

The building was REALLY small and there were prob. 35 people crammed in the crating area with dogs and crates. A real sorta...CASUAL trial. You could tell they hadn't been to larger trials or other venues like AKC or USDAA cuz things went really slow. It was nice though..laid back. But no room for photographers or anything. They did take a group shot...I dunno what they will do with that. Nice people. Good potluck food! It was "up north" in MI and although we sometimes think we lives in the boonies..up north is the real boonies here in MI. So prob. no pictures.
Salsa...everywhere she goes she is the main attraction.

Claudine
06-07-2009, 03:25 PM
:appl: :cheer3: :appl: for your talented babies! I would have loved to see Miss Salsa doing her little tricks & her being so disgruntled that you expected her to sit on a hard surface while YOU sat on a pillow!!! Of all the nerve!!:rotfl: :rotfl: She knows she's the princesss of the world & everyone else should, too!!:rotfl: :rotfl: :hearts: :hearts:

jenfer
06-07-2009, 06:03 PM
Yea TDAA is fun... and you can basically hop from one obstacle to the other. lol. One thing I really like is that the A frame is not as steep as the regular ones.

bittyup
06-09-2009, 10:34 PM
Salsa the charisma child. Sounds like a wonderful day and alot of fun. Would love to have seen some Miss Salsa and Owen Weenie. Has there always been Tea Cup or is it new?