PDA

View Full Version : Rigby's Third Class

Anatresia
02-20-2006, 08:39 PM
Rigby did well this weekend with our friend, Steve, but she's back to her usual tricks at school. She hates the puppies. Any dog under a year old makes her growl and get very possessive of her space- her blanket area is heavily guarded.

She snapped and growled and showed fangs at the poor chocolate lab pup who sits by her. I don't know what I'm supposed to do when she does that- the trainer just makes light of it saying, "These dachshunds just keep terrorizing the lab!" (Rigby's boyfriend, Max, also hates the lab.)

I also found out that Max is still intact. I'm like, "Oh, that's why Rigby likes him!" hee hee. His problems probably stem from the fact that he's not neutered- at least the territorial marking and the aggression. But it's not my place to preach.

She still loves Max and the good thing is that she's becoming more friendly to people, which is very important to me. Hopefully, by week 8 we'll see improvement.

Oh, and I should add that Butters and Rigby give each other the sweetest greeting when reunited. They kiss and kiss each other's faces and their tails go like crazy. When we get home (we pick Butters up from Grandma's after Rigby's class) they snuggle with each other! They hate to be separated!

alfina
02-20-2006, 09:29 PM
I used to bring Sabrina in her carrier inside the room where we had our class. She then would guard her carrier and wouldn't let any dog anwhere close to it. So, I started leaving it in the car. She and I enjoyed our classes much more since then. There was nothing for her to guard!

Maybe you should try leaving the blanket at home?

Anatresia
02-20-2006, 09:40 PM
The problem is she won't even sit on the concrete floor. When we didn't bring it, she spent the class trying to get onto our laps. WIth the blanket, she will at least sit with the other dogs. I'd hate to give that up, because it's important that she be down low with them.

I think that she'd guard our space without the blanket, anyway. the blanket just clarifies, in her mind, where her space begins and ends!!!

It's the puppies she hates- the dogs under one year. SHe just can't stand them. She'll never be a teacher. :)

Frzframe
02-20-2006, 11:31 PM
Rigby, Rigby you teach those babies some manners! :)

When Dudley was in classes my trainer had a doormat for him to sit his little butt on. :rotfl:

Mama S.
02-21-2006, 05:42 PM
Oh Riggy you do make Nana :rotfl: !! So ya got da hots fer da good lookin guy ey?! DId ya ever pee on dat badddd instructor? You're doing great, keep up da good work!
Sandi

K2
02-21-2006, 05:44 PM
:hearts: Awww...how sweet that Mr B and Rigby miss each other so much!!! I'm sure Ribgy will get used to other dogs soon!

JanUet
02-21-2006, 06:58 PM
Maybe you should try leaving the blanket at home?

WHOT!? Surely You Jest!

If i didn't have a blankie with me at Casey and Sophie's training skool they would NOT sit, NOT lay Down, they would just NOT!

Doxie's must have a soft cushy blankie for their bums to be on!
NOT a cold cement or rubber floor!
It's the LAW OF DOXIELAND!!!!!