PDA

View Full Version : Did Ruby have a break though?

Frzframe
02-20-2006, 11:14 PM
My mom loves all animals. All animals love her except for Ruby. Ruby will not have anything to do with her and it breaks my mom's heart because Ruby will avoid her totally. When Ruby was a few days out from staying at the vet's for her heartworm treatment my mom let her out of her kennel while I was at work. Ruby was terrified and when it was time for her to go back into her kennel she nipped my mom (out of fear and she has never done so with anyone else). So we've been trying to get Ruby to warm up to her and my dad. She'll get close to my dad but she isn't around him much since he's a truck driver.

So tonight my mom came over and we made stew. Ruby ignored mom and wouldn't come out of the family room. We ignored her and then she came into the kitchen. We still ignored her and she stuck around. Then with the beger, Mitzi, started to do her thing. Mom can't say no so she dug out some green beans and Ruby so wanted some. So I gave her a little bite and then showed her mom had some to give her. She still wasn't sure so I took some meat and had my mom put her fingers on it too and Ruby took it. Then mom was able to give Ruby some meat, beans, and carrots herself. In fact she was sitting there with Moo, Dud, and Emily begging for more. Then Ruby actually stood up on her hind legs resting her front legs on mom's leg. Mom was able to scratch her under the chin. :cheer2: :cheer2:

We are going to work with her more by going to visit grandma and grandpa's house (she's been there before) and spending more time with them.

I am so proud of little Roo. :boogie:

LUVMYGUNNER
02-20-2006, 11:18 PM
Gunner loves his gramma but Petunia for some reason has not warmed up to her.

Anatresia
02-20-2006, 11:19 PM
YAY!!! That is wonderful! There is nothing that makes you feel more proud or hopeful than when they break out of their shells!

Miss Rigby had a breakthrough like that, too. This weekend, our friends came to visit overnight. SHe hates the husband, but after he bribed her with food, she was less timid. By the end of their stay, she was kissing him and snuggling with him! She then looked all over for him when she went to bed, thinking they were in the spare bedroom still!

Congrats, again, on the progress!

areese
02-20-2006, 11:23 PM
Oh, that is really great. Your mom must feel really good about it. Good for Ruby!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alex's Mom
02-21-2006, 07:38 AM
such a great breakthrough!!! Your mom must be so happy (and maybe a bit relieved??) :cheer2: :cheer2: Leaving no doubt yet again that the way to a dachsie's heart is definitely through its stomach!!!!:rotfl:

Nancy
02-21-2006, 08:22 AM
Next thing you know, Roo will be snugglin' with nana on the couch! :cheer2:

Good to hear Roo is warming up to nana!

Yolanda
02-21-2006, 08:32 AM
It sure sounds to me like she had a very nice breakthough. :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Rae
02-21-2006, 09:10 AM
I am so proud of our girl. I mean, fear and perhaps pride is one thing, but food.... :snoopy: (I love the suppertime dance..)

Good for your mom- am sure she has felt quite rejected by the fickle Miz Roo.

Jen
02-21-2006, 10:23 AM
WTG Ruby! Your mom must be thrilled. :cheer2: :cheer2:

Mama S.
02-21-2006, 10:50 AM
Yeahh!! It is soo hard to be patient and let them come to us but as you see over and over, time helps heal everything!!
Sandi

Bella's Mom
02-21-2006, 02:55 PM
Awww...it sounds like Ruby is getting to be more accepting of Grandma. :hearts:

lotsadox
02-21-2006, 05:04 PM
That definitely sounds like a breakthrough to me. :banana: :banana: Go, Ruby!

Laurie' s Dachshunds
02-22-2006, 12:30 AM
YeAh!!!! That works! The quickest way to the Doxie :hearts: is the tummy!