PDA

View Full Version : More Agility

areese
06-22-2009, 08:10 AM
We went to yet another agility trial Friday. It was at Stony Creek which is the first place I ever trialed (with Laika) and I always go back there cuz the people are so nice. And they have ICE CREAM.
It wasn't the best day. Owen was weird and slow, Salsa slipped and slid down the a-frame which was BERRY SAD, the gamble in Jackpot (where the dogs have to work away from you cuz you stay behind a line) was WAY too far for my little dogs (20 feet) and Toots (my friend's minpin that I run) was an asshat and had to visit his mom during each run. Salsa even ran BEHIND me in snooker to do the wrong end of the tunnel. Laika was perfect and ran her little level 1 runs with grace and speed (and a small amount of evil
barking..she thinks she owns Stony Creek cuz she's been there so much).
Almost always mistakes are MY fault but geez it was like they all were possessed. It is hard there sometimes though cuz it's out in the country with lots of critters and it was very damp and humid-perfect for smells to hang around. Salsa and Owen got only 1 Q out of 4. Toots did get 3...one was a "gift" cuz the judge didn't call an off course or the scribe missed it. You get those sometimes. We figure it evens out cuz there are also the times they don't give you one you know you should have gotten.
We went back Sunday and Salsa redeemed herself by Q-ing all 4 runs :)
Owen got 1 of 2-still running wierd. Laika 2 of 2 (but once again the baby level 1 runs and just the 4 inch jumps and tunnels..but she enjoys it)
Toots was not there but I did run another friend's cavalier king charles spaniel, Lilly. Her mom was saying her dog was tired cuz she was slow and distracted. I'm like.. tired from what?? Oh, she ran 4 runs yesterday. Ok...that's like not even 4 minutes of running. Over a 5 hour period. I don't think the dog is worn out. But her MOM was having trouble running and I think the dog picks up on that. So I ran her in jumpers. 38 second 125 yard course was run by us in 25 seconds :) She's a lovely lovely dog and that was sooo much fun!
AND we got free ice cream each day for staying and working the last class :)

Lisa
06-22-2009, 08:16 AM
I am sorry day one wasn't perfect, but it is awesome Laika is doing some agility!! And ice cream...Stony Creek ice cream. YUM. :cheer3: :cheer3: :cheer3: :cheer3:

Chris
06-22-2009, 08:54 AM
Is that Stoney Creek Park?? I so wish i would have known this was going on - that's close...I woulda came to watch!

areese
06-22-2009, 09:49 AM
Is that Stoney Creek Park?? I so wish i would have known this was going on - that's close...I woulda came to watch!

No it is not the metro park. It's Stony Creek Orchard, on 32 mile rd between Mound and Dequindre I think..not far from you. I prob. won't go back there for the July trial cuz it's too hot and I'm doing my club's trial and another one day at Dexter so Salsa's gma from Florida can see her run. Or that WAS the reason, then she showed up at Stony to watch (!!!) but Salsa was not at her best so I hope they do come back to Dexter.
ANYWAY, there is one in Sept. 4-6. I'll most prob. do Friday and Sunday again.
The Dexter trials are indoors but it's a nice area (near Ann Arbor) and if you could hitch a ride out there we will be there the 3rd of July (CPE) and the 11th and 12th (USDAA). Just email me or pm me for details.

vferraro99
06-22-2009, 10:26 AM
I'm sorry the furkids did not want to cooperate, but you had fun, and that's what's important... and ICE CREAM!! :cheer3: :cheer3:

Chris
06-22-2009, 10:58 AM
No it is not the metro park. It's Stony Creek Orchard, on 32 mile rd between Mound and Dequindre I think..not far from you. I prob. won't go back there for the July trial cuz it's too hot and I'm doing my club's trial and another one day at Dexter so Salsa's gma from Florida can see her run. Or that WAS the reason, then she showed up at Stony to watch (!!!) but Salsa was not at her best so I hope they do come back to Dexter.
ANYWAY, there is one in Sept. 4-6. I'll most prob. do Friday and Sunday again.
The Dexter trials are indoors but it's a nice area (bear Ann Arbor) and if you could hitch a ride out there we will be there the 3rd of July (CPE) and the 11th and 12th (USDAA). Just email me or pm me for details.

Oh...I didn't know there were two Stony Creeks!!!