PDA

View Full Version : Early Morning Dog Fight

Jacqueline
07-04-2009, 07:01 AM
We have three, count them, three little sheep toys that I bought for Daisy, because she likes the sheep. Taffy has about 50 bobos and other toys she likes. So of course, the minute Daisy actually takes an interest in these sheep, Taffy wants them. Daisy has been putting up with this for quite a while.

This morning, Taffy had one with her one the bed, and was having dh throw it to her. She got it, but Daisy made it clear she wanted it. They both went into the other room. I was laying on the bed, having my dh use the massager on my aching back, and about 5 minutes later, all hell breaks loose. They both come tumbling out in the hall, growling and fighting. We jumped up to break it up. I grabbed Daisy by the tail, but he reaches down between them. I yelled at him to get his hand out out there...duh...he's on blood thinners. Don't put your hand by their mouths. I kept pulling, and we finally got them seperated. A quick inspection didn't show blood dripping from anywhere, so we put them in their crates for 10 minutes to cool off, and went back to my back.

I looked Taffy over first, and found blood on the side of her neck, but she wasn't cut. I lifted her ear, and that's where it was coming from,...a couple of nicks there. I cleaned her up, wiped her down with peroxide, which her shook off and tried to lick. I told her knock it off, I didn't need her throwing up on me, too. Once she was clean and sterilized, I put anticeptic cream on there, and back in the crate she went.

Next came Daisy. She is free of injury, giving worse than she received, I guess. But they both lost the little sheep :holyshp: :sosad: because they couldn't learn to share. They are doing an hour of time out.

Mindy tried to console them some, but is enjoying her freedom on daddy's bed.

vferraro99
07-04-2009, 08:11 AM
I've had that happen here before, and it's not pretty... I'm sorry it happened to you also :sosad: With the toys taken away and the hour of time out they should start to learn that fighting over wordly possessions will not take them anywhere... kids!!

Lisa
07-04-2009, 08:48 AM
Yeah, we have the same thing go on. We now stop as soon as their is any sign that one is not happy with the situation (usually Pixel). It used to be a game that we only played with Pixel, then when the puppies came, they started to play too. Only he does not like to share, so Rafi takes the Snack Pack outside and I play with Pix indoors, or I take Pix upstairs for snuggles and Rafi plays fetch down here.

Rayz for Taffy's ear. :bigrayz: :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz:

Otto'sMom
07-04-2009, 09:15 AM
Must be something in the air because Dexter was being a dick to Alec and Ledia was hogging Waldo's food and then took forever to eat her own. I chucked the measuring cup at Dexter and sent him in his kennel. I amaze myself with my aim when I throw things at dogs for being jerks.

oceangirls
07-04-2009, 12:40 PM
I am sorry :(!! I know mine get snippy with edible things (like Bully sticks, rawhides), so I separate them, but never saw it happen with a toy.

Sending rayz for Taffy :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: . Don't worry about the peroxide - it actually can impair healing by causing the tissue to break down, so as long as you wash the area well with mild soap and water, you're good :)

Jacqueline
07-04-2009, 12:56 PM
I am sorry :(!! I know mine get snippy with edible things (like Bully sticks, rawhides), so I separate them, but never saw it happen with a toy.

Sending rayz for Taffy :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: . Don't worry about the peroxide - it actually can impair healing by causing the tissue to break down, so as long as you wash the area well with mild soap and water, you're good :)

The damage on the ear was on the flap itself, and I used cotton balls to wipe it down. None went into the ear. She just had to shake her head, of course. She got lubed nicely with generic neosporin, too.

They have pretty well made up, and want to sheep back. Uh, no. If you can't play nice, you can't have them. It surprises me, because all three of them share bones back and forth. I guess the sheep are too valuable.