PDA

View Full Version : More...yes you guessed it...AGILITY!!!!

areese
07-07-2009, 11:14 AM
Went to just one day of a trial friday. BERRY much fun. I really wanted to go cuz some friends I haven't seen in awhile were going to be there. And I promised them all my famous pineapple pie (which was a big hit as usual :))
Pulled my little mushroom trailer up Thursday night so I didn't have to get up at 4 am :) The mom of my friends Ron and Tammie is Salsa's breeder and she wanted to see her run so she was there. Both she and her husband were sooo berry proud of Miss Salsalita. Who did them proud by qualifying in 4 of the 5 runs. The Jackpot was just a little too hard for her-a very difficult gamble (portion of the game where the dog has to work away from you as the handler can't cross a taped line) It's very hard for little dogs cuz of course, 15 feet away is a LOT farther for them. Heck, for a big dog running it's just a few strides...for a teeny bug it's a half a block away! But she did wonderfully, her times were between 10-15 seconds under time even for Standard (which has the teeter and a-frame, both of which take quite a bit of time) She cracked me up-saw her come out of a tunnel and she was banking it-running right up on the opposite side of the curve and then when she reached the end, she fell down! She doesn't care..she just gets up and runs. She takes it all berry seriously I must say.
Owen Weenie just ran 2 runs but he was very fast and happy and jumping WONDERFULLY. he has had problems there in the past (jumping HUGELY and misjudging his gigantic jumping) but I discovered he was getting static shocks this winter from the PVC equipment. I sprayed him with anti-static spray and now he's good :) He also did not qualify in the Jackpot but did the gamble!!! Just not in the time allowed as he ran faster than I anticipated so I ran out of things to do in the opening (you plan your own course in the opening, then when the buzzer goes off, you do the gamble (distance) portion) and was not in a great place and had to race to get to the gamble. But since people were bitching a bit about the difficulty of the gamble and Owey was the first dog, it was prob. a good thing for all to see a WEENIE DOG do it :)
My beautiful Laika Rocket got to run another beginners Jumpers course. Just at 4 inches. I let Pat run her cuz she was always sad she never got to and we didnt' think Laika would be running again. Laika loves running with other people and loves Pat so she was BERRY EXCITED. She ran so fast she left Pat in the dust! Level 1 courses are simple and it's easy for the dog to see what is next and of course Laika is very experienced but it was pretty funny to see her just run and finish with Pat behind her. Standard Course Time was 49 seconds, Laika ran it in 24.24. With no one pushing her for speed. Just beautiful, perfectly smooth and fast. Of course 4 inch jumps aren't really jumps for her (she's 8.25 inches at the shoulder) so she can just run over them. She was soooooo happy. A friend has it on video..I dunno if they know how to transfer it so I can put it on youtube... I hope so.
Fun times. I ran Pat's Nou Nou which was very fun too.

Lisa
07-07-2009, 03:10 PM
It makes me so happy that Laika gets to do this. I know it's not how it used to be, but her recovery is just miraculous. And ya for Salsa and Owen too. :cheer3: :cheer3: :cheer3: :cheer3: :cheer3: :cheer3:

p.s. pineapple pie :yumyum: August 22?!?

areese
07-07-2009, 03:45 PM
It makes me so happy that Laika gets to do this. I know it's not how it used to be, but her recovery is just miraculous. And ya for Salsa and Owen too. :cheer3: :cheer3: :cheer3: :cheer3: :cheer3: :cheer3:

p.s. pineapple pie :yumyum: August 22?!?

Laika is so perfect I have to keep reminding myself to be careful with her. Thankfully, most of it is just second nature now. But it IS hard not to run her more. But, keeping in mind the goal is maximum fun for Laika, I'm gonna start letting other people run her cuz she really really loves that. I will miss doing it though...but it's fun to watch her too.
Sure. Pineapple pie for the fest. Your wish is my command :)

Rileybugg
07-08-2009, 02:39 AM
Sounds like everybody had so much fun!

Alex's Mom
07-08-2009, 09:37 AM

That's EXACTLY how I feel :hug99::hug99:

vferraro99
07-08-2009, 11:16 AM
Sure. Pineapple pie for the fest. Your wish is my command :)

Hum... I'm not going to the fest, but I adore pineapple, and never heard of pineapple pie before. Can you PM me the recipe, or is it a State Secret???

bittyup
07-27-2009, 07:20 AM
Happy dogs and pineapple pie! Oh boy! Sounds like a great recipe. I am so happy that Laika is doing some fun running. It seems to be her heart and soul.Of course,good job Owen Weeny and MIss Salsalita:appl: :cheer3: :cheer3: