PDA

View Full Version : They are SO on my naughty list!

daisys
07-08-2009, 06:16 PM
or make that my $hit list. I am beyond angry. Apparently Bear has begun removing things from the coffee table. I find this out when I got home this afternoon. Two books I was reading shredded all over the living room and to make matters worse:

They ATE my banana plant that I got for my birthday!!!!!!

Bad dogs, bad dogs BAD DOGS!

Frzframe
07-08-2009, 06:23 PM
Makes crate training look better doesn't it. :o I would be putting him in a safe zone either gated in a room or in an x-pen where he can't get into trouble.

In this case which I've also lived through, you really can't blame the pup as he's just doing what dogs do that have to much freedom to soon.

vferraro99
07-08-2009, 06:27 PM
Makes crate training look better doesn't it. :o I would be putting him in a safe zone either gated in a room or in an x-pen where he can't get into trouble.

In this case which I've also lived through, you really can't blame the pup as he's just doing what dogs do that have to much freedom to soon.

:ditto: I remember Sammy also eating my books from the coffee table when he arrived. At least he got a degree in English (I think :rotfl: :rotfl: ).

areese
07-08-2009, 06:51 PM
One word. Crate. Or two words. Two Crates. Or X-pen. I honestly can't imagine letting two puppies have the run of the house without being closely supervised. Even supervised is hard with more than one dog..they can do something evil in a split second. Just ask Laika.

Otto'sMom
07-08-2009, 06:55 PM
Even supervised is hard with more than one dog..they can do something evil in a split second. Just ask Laika.

I had a really brilliant comment but my FRIGGIN CAT walked across the keyboard and deleted it, and I seemingly have the attention span of a goldfish....
anyway, get thee an X-pen. They'll have enough room to pee and poo on stuff, but the destruction will be limited to a smaller area. It's win win.

Jacqueline
07-08-2009, 07:44 PM
I allow my three (hopefully soon to be four) pretty free run of the house when we are home, but when we leave, the word is CRATE. And they go in willingly, which shows they don't hate it. Get a couple, put some nice pillows in there for them to destroy....Walmart sells some for $3. No collars or harnesses. Treat once they are in there. Small, eat it now ones.

This is how it goes at our house. Girls, harnesses. Okay, crates. Good girls. Lock the crates. Treats. Set the alarm. Out the door. Bark for 2 minutes. DOne.

laura
07-08-2009, 08:54 PM
Sounds like typical puppy behavior to me. It would be like leaving a toddler alone in a house, they get into everything! Can you put things you treasure up high and fill the room they stay in with toys, etc? How long are they in the house alone? maybe a pet person to come walk them and check on them at lunch time? ( I don't know your circumstances...just caught this thread and am throwing solutions your way)