PDA

View Full Version : Tasha is at the Vet, awaiting her dental

Jen
02-22-2006, 01:27 PM
We dropped her off at 9 this am. She was not happy, did the 4 footed plant and started whining when we got to the Vet's door. I had to pick her up. They gave a choice on bloodwork, so even though it was another $60, we had it done. Scary not to have pre-anesthesia bloodwork done!

The vet tech told us she should be done around noon and to call then if we hadn't heard. I did, but was told Tasha hasn't been done yet, she's next. Sigh. So it will be a few more hours. Poor Tasha is so afraid of strangers and even more afraid of other dogs so this is gonna be hard on her. :(

I'll keep you posted, I'm trying to keep busy so I don't worry so much!

lotsadox
02-22-2006, 01:31 PM
:bighug: Jen. You were smart to have the bloodwork done. I always do. When I took Scooter to the clinic to have him neutered I still took him to my vet before and had bloodwork done. It's just one less worry. Sending rayz for poor Tasha. :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: She'll be a happy girl when she gets home tonight.

quavec
02-22-2006, 01:37 PM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: for you and Tasha, Jen! I am sure she will be okay. Just baby her afterwards so she will know that her whole ordeal was worth it. We had the bloodwork done on Cricket and I feel better knowing that we did it. I want to say that it was a one time deal for the most part. Because they didn't ask about it for his dental cleaning Saturday. Which reminds me that I need to call and confirm the appt.

:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: and keep us posted!

Lisa
02-22-2006, 01:39 PM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Tasha and a :bighug: for her worried Mommy! Please let us know when she is done. Her teeth will look so awesome when you get her home, I just hope she doesn't put them to use chewing up your favorite pair of shoes or something!!

More :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for your beautiful little girl.

Jen
02-22-2006, 01:46 PM
Tasha's dental is all done, we can pick her up at 4pm. Now, what will I do for 3 hours while I wait to go get her?? But it went well, no extractions, and she has "pretty teeth". Yay! I won't stop worrying till I pick her up, but I feel better knowing she's in recovery!

squirrel818
02-22-2006, 01:50 PM
I'm so happy to hear Tasha's dental went well. She's such a good girl and now her breath will be sweet and fresh for kisses!

Nancy
02-22-2006, 02:03 PM
Glad to hear Tasha is a.o.k.!! Big sigh of relief!

Alex's Mom
02-22-2006, 02:05 PM
:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: that it's all done, and she's fine!!!

Helen
02-22-2006, 02:08 PM
:woohoo: No extractions, that's wonderful!

I'm so glad that she came through fine. :hula1: :hula1:

Rae
02-22-2006, 02:09 PM
:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:
for the good news. Kisses to Tasha and :bighug: to worried hoomomma!

the vet/waiting thing?

Been there done that. hate it.

leighan
02-22-2006, 02:10 PM
I'm so glad to hear that she did fine.

And I'm sure she's ok while waiting for you to pick her up. My little girl, Roxy, is probably the most neurotic dog in the world, but being at the vet all day recently for her spaying and dental didn't appear to freak her out at all.

JanUet
02-22-2006, 02:42 PM
Sorry, I'm so late in posting

Glad to hear that Tasha is doing fine and NO EXTRACTIONS! :yay:
Big sigh of relief!
Sending a :bighug: to Mommy and a wittle Kiss for Tasha with her ultra bright smile!

K2
02-22-2006, 02:49 PM
So many dentals!!! Must be because it's dental hygeine month....

I'm so happy to hear that Tasha didnt' need any of her teeth pulled!!! :banana: Sending her some :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: and a :hug99: for mom, too. Let us know how she is tonight.

Yolanda
02-22-2006, 03:18 PM
Wonderful news. :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

quavec
02-22-2006, 03:25 PM
Great news! And great that she gets to keep her pearly whites where they belong!

:cheer2:

HotDogMama
02-22-2006, 03:57 PM
:cheer2: I'm glad everything went well!! :cheer2: I know what you mean with the stranger thing, when Molly had to stay when her foot got hurt, the Dr. kept saying, "she stays in the back of the crate, and doesn't want us to touch her" like he was so dumbfounded,:scratch: I thought NO S*** Sherlock, she hates this place!!:faint:
:bighug: to you both!!

Frzframe
02-22-2006, 06:19 PM
I'm so glad everything we well and she didn't lose any teethers.

lotsadox
02-22-2006, 06:32 PM
I'm so glad that everything went well and she didn't have to have any teeth extracted. :cheer2: :cheer2:

I know what you mean with the stranger thing, when Molly had to stay when her foot got hurt, the Dr. kept saying, "she stays in the back of the crate, and doesn't want us to touch her" like he was so dumbfounded,:scratch: I thought NO S*** Sherlock, she hates this place!!:faint:

It always amazes me when vets say things like that. I always want to say how much do you like going to the dentist? :scratch: And how would you like it if you had no idea why people were making you do it and if they were going to abandon you there.

Patt
02-22-2006, 08:03 PM
Sorry I'm a bit late on this. Good news no extractions! :banana:
I'm sending lots of :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: to Tasha for a speedy recovery. I'm sure she will be back to her old self tomorrow. :sausage: :sausage:

Mama S.
02-22-2006, 08:55 PM
OK where was I thins morning:scratch: I sooo sorry I missed this. Poor baby Tasha! Hopefull she is now at home wif Mommy bein wuvved bunches and bunches!!
sandi