PDA

View Full Version : Don't Eat the Poop!

The Midgets
07-21-2009, 01:54 AM
Why? Seriously Why? I love my Lola Bean to bits - but she loves her poop. I feed the beast healthy good food - I know she's not hungry, so why oh why does she eat her own poop?!?

Alex's Mom
07-21-2009, 07:31 AM
It's a dog thing...I know there's a ton of threads about this on here if you search. Jules especially likes to "recycle" and the only way I've ever found to work is to pick it up practically as she's pooping. James will do this on occasion too. It's truly disgusting, but not surprising. In the Js' case, I think it's cuz they both came from a puppy mill originally, then lived in an apt, theoretically litterbox trained. But females esp. seem to like to "clean up" after themselves, which is a normal mother dog with pups behaviour. It's gross, I know, but sadly normal!! There's various products and foods which you can feed them that's supposed to make them stop, but I've never found anything that really works except picking it up!

Sophie and Lili's Mom
07-21-2009, 07:54 AM
Poop is pure protein for them. You can fight it or accept it and brush their teeth...I find brushing their teeth easier...

Lisa
07-21-2009, 08:24 AM
Poop is pure protein for them. You can fight it or accept it and brush their teeth...I find brushing their teeth easier...

Total :ditto: 3 find poop so disgusting, but Pretzel and Pepsi think it is a warm ice-cream vending machine :vomit:

We pick it up, brush their teeth, and no face kissing. Except for Pogo and P'nut and Pixel who do not partake in the behavior.

RDavidP
07-21-2009, 09:58 AM
Total :ditto: 3 find poop so disgusting, but Pretzel and Pepsi think it is a warm ice-cream vending machine :vomit:

Thank you. You have helped me with my weight loss. I will never eat ice cream again thanks to that. :rotfl: