PDA

View Full Version : Jethro

Otto'sMom
07-21-2009, 12:51 PM
I came home today to take him to his appointment at 1, and found him dead on the floor. It looked like he choked on mucous. I brought his body to the vet, just to be sure, but it was too late. It was too late.

Thank you all for all you've done for him. Everyone who has donated for that surgery, it just wasn't meant to be.

I am lost.

He was in the same condition this morning as he was yesterday. I never saw this coming.

areese
07-21-2009, 12:54 PM
Oh Andrea...
Oh god. the poor baby. I am so so so sorry. I can't tell you how sorry. it's unbelievable.
O ****. **** **** ****.

RustysMom
07-21-2009, 01:00 PM
OMG! I am in tears. I am new to his story yet I was so tuned in to it and read every follow up that it made me feel like I knew him.

God will take care of him now and he will be happy.

I am so sorry!

vferraro99
07-21-2009, 01:04 PM
I can't stop crying. I can't believe this has happened... R.I.P. little angel, we all loved you so much, and wanted you to be good and not suffer anymore. Neither one of us saw this coming. You did so much for him, you loved him so much.

I'm so lost too, I can't even begin to imagine how you're feeling Andrea. All I can say is hang in there, my friend.

Opaleyz
07-21-2009, 01:05 PM
Oh, my heart hurts. I'm so sorry, Andrea.

Rest in peace, sweet monkeypants.

:sosad:

AgileOllie
07-21-2009, 01:07 PM
My heart is breaking with you. You said it best. He is with his momma now and she is grateful to you for taking such good care of her baby while he was here. No one could have done it better.

Frzframe
07-21-2009, 01:07 PM
I have no words just tears. :hug99: :hug99: :hug99: :hug99:

Rae
07-21-2009, 01:08 PM
No.
Just... NO!

Rae
07-21-2009, 01:11 PM
My heart is breaking with you. You said it best. He is with his momma now and she is grateful to you for taking such good care of her baby while he was here. No one could have done it better.

:ditto:

dammit, Andrea. I am so friggin sorry.
You did EVERYTHING.
dammit. dammit dammit dammit dammit.

Lisa
07-21-2009, 01:12 PM
Hearts are breaking all over two countries, Jethro really captured all our hearts. I know he was YOUR special little guy. I am so sorry. I truly am so so so sorry.

Jacqueline
07-21-2009, 01:30 PM
Oh Andrea, I am so sorry. I saw him loving on you last night, and there was never a pup who knew better that he was loved. Dusty will care for him. I am so sorry.

Rafi
07-21-2009, 01:34 PM
Sorry Andrea, this really sucks. I cant even imagine what you are going through. Sorry just doesn't seem good enough.

Jill
07-21-2009, 01:39 PM
Wow. I don't even know what to say. I am so terribly sorry.

God speed little angel.

lotsadox
07-21-2009, 01:39 PM
Oh, NO. No. No. No. I'm so sorry, Andrea. :hug99: :hug99:

RIP Little boy. :candle3:

Barb
07-21-2009, 01:45 PM
Oh honey, I am stunned and I know your heart is broken. We hurt with you, he was so special to all of us. You were the best mommy to him, no one could have done it any better, and he knew that. Love you. Can't believe it, can' t stop crying, just isn't fair.

A truly devastating day.... Godspeed Captain Jethro Monkeypants :candle3: You will be missed by all.

phoria2
07-21-2009, 01:49 PM
Oh Andea, I am so sorry for your loss. :sosad:

Never was a pup so loved by all near and far.
:candle3: Sweet Monkeypants
You are in my prayers.:hug99:

K2
07-21-2009, 01:54 PM
I really didn't want to open this thread...... And I am now it tears and unable to stop. My heart is broken.....just broken.....

Jethro, you captured all of our hearts and are taking pieces of everyone's with you. Rest in peace, sweet one.:candle2:

Courtney
07-21-2009, 01:59 PM
Oh Andrea, like someone said, sorry doesn't say enough. Heartbroken to hear of this. You are in my thoughts.

bsquared
07-21-2009, 02:01 PM
Oh, Andrea...I just don't even know what to say...I am so, so sorry for your loss. You are an absolutely phenomenal mom...Barb said it best..."no one could have done it any better." :hug99:

RIP, sweet Jethro Monkeypants. :candle2:

RDavidP
07-21-2009, 02:03 PM
Poor little Jethro Monkeypants. I only really found out about him a few days ago when it was mentioned about how much he and my Draco look alike, so of course I became very attached to Jethro's story. I was so hoping he would be able to get the surgery and come through. I am trying not to have visible tears because I am here at work, but it's hard. I want to go home and hug my doggies.

:sosad:

Jacqueline
07-21-2009, 02:05 PM
Is there anything we can do for you? I wish we were all closer to Diamondhead.

jenfer
07-21-2009, 02:10 PM
:candle3: :candle3: RIP little Jethro.

I am truly sorry.

Otto'sMom
07-21-2009, 02:11 PM
There's really nothing to be done. You've all done so much all ready.

wawailc
07-21-2009, 02:12 PM
Hearts are breaking all over two countries, Jethro really captured all our hearts. I know he was YOUR special little guy. I am so sorry. I truly am so so so sorry.

No, no, nooooooo, noooooo, not Jethro, not Captain Monkeypants. That boy stole everyone's heart. :angel:
I'm so sorry Andrea, you/we were getting so close to getting him the surgery he needed. :hug99: :hug99:

areese
07-21-2009, 02:18 PM
Is there anything we can do for you? I wish we were all closer to Diamondhead.
I know...I feel like getting in the car and driving down there..
I hate thinkinf of you being alone right now..

Rae
07-21-2009, 02:19 PM

pick Duchie and me up on the way, please.

Anatresia
07-21-2009, 02:31 PM
Oh my god. I'm so sorry. That is tragic. :candle:

Barb
07-21-2009, 02:45 PM
I hate thinkinf of you being alone right now..

Huge :ditto: :ditto: :ditto: to that.
:hug99: :hug99: :hug99: :hug99:

lotsadox
07-21-2009, 02:46 PM
Swing by and pick me up, Barb.

TheDoxieHaus
07-21-2009, 02:52 PM
My heart hurts for you Andrea. I am so sorry...

RIP Jethro MonkeyPants. :candle:

Opaleyz
07-21-2009, 02:54 PM
I feel sick. I just can't stop thinking about it and crying. I wish I could be there with you too. I feel like I've lost a favorite nephew (we are a family here, after all), and I just can't imagine what you must be feeling right now.

. . . . . . .

bsquared
07-21-2009, 02:56 PM
pick Duchie and me up on the way, please.

Swing over and pick me up on the way. So wish I could be there for you, Andrea. :hug99:

areese
07-21-2009, 03:00 PM
You know..it's 2009. Aren't we supposed to be teleporting or at least have personal jet packs or something so we could quickly get to Andrea????
It's the 21st century for heaven's sake.
Sucks we can't be there.
But if in our hearts and thoughts count, I know we are all there.

Frzframe
07-21-2009, 03:01 PM
I've tried to reply ten times but I can't find the words to express how sorry and sad I am for you. I wish I could be there for you in person if just to sit with you or help with taking care of the anipals. Know I am thinking and crying with you for your (and the DLC's) favorite little Captin Monkeypants. I wish I could've met him and kissed his cute little bobble head just once.

doxiemommy3
07-21-2009, 03:08 PM
OMG...NOOOOO....I can't even think right now I am crying so hard..I am so sorry Andrea.

vferraro99
07-21-2009, 03:20 PM
Except for a few minutes it took me to go to the post office to mail my CIJ's package, I have not stopped crying for more than a minute. I'm so devastated, and I so want to be able to get out of here and go there and be with you, Andrea, if just to help you take care of the babies for a while.

My boss keeps getting out of his office and asking me if I'm okay. How can I be okay? It will take a long time, and I never met little Jethro...

mom2reds
07-21-2009, 03:21 PM
I am so sorry. I have been following the threads on Jethro and was shocked to see this one. :sosad:

mistyleemom
07-21-2009, 03:21 PM
sorry to hear about jethro

Azaren
07-21-2009, 03:28 PM
Oh, my heart is breaking. It’s just not fair. Not fair.

Little monkeypants, you will be missed by many, but never forgotten. :candle:

:hug99:

LUVMYGUNNER
07-21-2009, 03:38 PM
So sorry to hear about the little guy.:hug99:
RIP little guy..

Two Red Smooth's
07-21-2009, 03:42 PM
R.I.P Jethro...and run free.

michelehbc
07-21-2009, 03:52 PM
Oh my God, no. NO NO NO! So close to his surgery! It's not fair!!!!
I am so so so sorry!

pairodachs
07-21-2009, 04:02 PM
the words aren't coming to me... I've been silently following this little guy's story. I am SO very, very sorry.

A candle will be lit for him as soon as I get home from work.

Run free little guy. He must've been so special to be taken to the bridge so young.

Take care of YOU and big hugs.

AnnMarieK
07-21-2009, 04:26 PM
Andrea...I don't know what to say...you have moved heaven and earth to take care of that sweet boy. We were all so close to getting him that surgery. He had the very best care he possibly could have and was truly loved and happy. He was an anipal, he played and loved and enjoyed his life, although it was too short...it was perfect. Take care my friend, you are an awesome hoomom.....:hug99: :hug99: :hug99:

Alex's Mom
07-21-2009, 04:32 PM
God oh god oh god, just a full-bodied NOOOOOOOO! Like everyone I'm totally in tears and shock right now, Andrea. You did so much for our little boy, and he was so well loved by so many, but especially by his :angel: mom. I know it's of little comfort now, but you bought him time, time to have an absolutely perfect life. Quality not quantity...that's the only small comfort I can find in this right now.

:candle2: little Jethreau Monkeypants. Godspeed little one. He's breathing easy now and running free with Dusty and Grrrrt's grrrting on him.

I just with I could stop crying...

Red Haired Girl
07-21-2009, 04:41 PM
Andrea my heart is hurting for you. You gave him the best life a puppy could have wanted. He would not have left you if it wasn't time. I'm so very sorry....

RIP Monkeypants.

silverselkie56
07-21-2009, 04:43 PM
Waterworks unstoppable here in Deep East Texas. I am so sorry to hear of this little one's passing.:sosad: Andrea, my prayers are for you today. Can I do anything to help you?

Otto'sMom
07-21-2009, 04:45 PM
Two weekends ago, I'd taken out the finger paint and paper supplies and put Jethro in an Xpen to make 'refrigerator art' for a few people who'd done so much for him. I didn't have enough for everyone, but thought "I'll do more after his surgery" and sent them yesterday with his "who me?" picture. I never had a clue there would never be another Jethro pawprint to hold, never watch him sleep again. I left the house at 6:45 am this morning, and he was no worse than he was yesterday. Got home at 11:20 and he was gone.

areese
07-21-2009, 04:59 PM
It's possible other things were malformed in his head...perhaps some blood vessels weren't right..perhaps he had an aneurysm or something nobody could have known about that just took him suddenly. Maybe the surgery couldn't have saved him.
It's just beyond belief still.
At least he was loved beyond belief too though. At least we tried really really hard to save him.

Linus
07-21-2009, 04:59 PM
Oh Andrea, I don't even have the words to tell you how sorry I am.

Godspeed, Jethro. :angel:

Frzframe
07-21-2009, 05:01 PM
Two weekends ago, I'd taken out the finger paint and paper supplies and put Jethro in an Xpen to make 'refrigerator art' for a few people who'd done so much for him. I didn't have enough for everyone, but thought "I'll do more after his surgery" and sent them yesterday with his "who me?" picture. I never had a clue there would never be another Jethro pawprint to hold, never watch him sleep again. I left the house at 6:45 am this morning, and he was no worse than he was yesterday. Got home at 11:20 and he was gone.

:hug99: :hug99: :hug99: He will forever live on in all of our hearts even though a Jethro sized piece is missing. :hug99: :hug99: :hug99:

You did everything in your power for him and gave him the best life a puppy could ever have or even dream of living.

oceangirls
07-21-2009, 05:10 PM
So sorry, honey :hug99: . You were (are) the best Mama he could have ever hoped for, and he was a happy boy! I know this doesn't make your heart any less empty right now. I will always remember him napping on my lap at Buda after his big race :hearts:.

Words are always inadequate, but know that we understand your pain :(

Kasianni
07-21-2009, 05:36 PM
I feel sick. I just can't stop thinking about it and crying. I wish I could be there with you too. I feel like I've lost a favorite nephew (we are a family here, after all), and I just can't imagine what you must be feeling right now.

. . . . . . .

NO NO!!! Not behbeh Jethro!!!!!
I just can't belive it...I am soo sorry Andrea.
I read this at work and burst out crying, its not right, just not right!!

Yolanda
07-21-2009, 05:48 PM
Andrea,

There are rare times that Angels walk among use , they share our lives, they open our hearts, they leave as they came, leaving small footprints on our hearts.

Jerthro was truly an Angel that come to us for some unkown reason. His job on earth was over and now he truly is an Angel.

I shall miss him. We shall all miss him

Chris
07-21-2009, 06:16 PM
I don't know even what to say :sosad: :sad3:

daisys
07-21-2009, 06:18 PM
My first response was "NO! This is just so wrong!" But I think maybe it was right. Jethro brought so many people together, and we all got to share a little bit of him, he was a VERY WELL loved pup.
I am so very sorry Andrea, you put your heart and soul into helping him... I can only imagine your devastation. :sosad: If it hurts this bad for me and everyone else here....

Stay strong, and I hope the good memories will help temper the pain. He was so lucky to have you.

RIP Jethro, you will be missed.

SusanF
07-21-2009, 06:24 PM
Andrea my heart goes out to you and I am so very sorry to hear about Jethro. He just got into our hearts. May he be at peace and know in your heart you did all you could for him.:candle3: :candle3:

Jill
07-21-2009, 06:29 PM
I keep coming back to this as if it's a bad dream. I can't believe he's gone.

Otto'sMom
07-21-2009, 06:41 PM

I wish I could wake up from it. When Waldo woke me up from a nap, his head was right in my face and for a moment, that black and tan noggin was just like Jethro.
I want my little white dog back.

Rileybugg
07-21-2009, 07:02 PM
:hug99: :hug99: :hug99: :hearts:

Barb
07-21-2009, 07:37 PM

that is exactly it, completely unreal. It hurts, and I just can't imagine the emptiness that you feel A -

viener weiner
07-21-2009, 07:45 PM
to hear this. When a friend of mine died at 23 of cancer, I thought she was only meant to have half a life. I guess we can say the same of Jethro. This hurts, I feel your pain. Rest in peace sweet angel.

Tex
07-21-2009, 07:45 PM
I am so sorry Andrea!! :bighug:
He was and will always be a special angel to all of us!

sarahrose
07-21-2009, 08:01 PM
My heart goes out to you Andrea. I am so sorry. There are really no words for a time such as this. I have been following Jethro's story ever since you got him. I lit a candle for him tonight. :candle: here & at home.

Paula from Michigan

doxyzoo
07-21-2009, 09:00 PM
I've never lost a pet of my own, but know it will break my heart when it happens. I am glad you have all those other wonderful dachsies and near dachsies to help you grieve and love and laugh again.

:candle2: Rest in Peace little guy

Sophie and Lili's Mom
07-21-2009, 09:08 PM
I just don't have the words...

Tex
07-21-2009, 09:27 PM
Ok, first post was from my i-phone and I couldn't type nearly as much as I wanted to on that dang little keyboard....

I consider it an honor to not only have met Captain Jethro Monkeypants, but I had the pleasure of having him wrapped around my neck while I dog sat back in Feb. I am wearing my Jethro t-shirt tomorrow in honor of him. I called my mom to tell her what had happened, and it took me a few minutes to be able to speak through my tears enough to tell her. She specifically asked me send my deepest condolences.

You will be sorely missed sweet boy!!!! :candle2:

JuneyTrixie
07-21-2009, 09:50 PM
Oh, Andrea! I am so sorry to hear of Jethro's passing. He was such a sweetheart. He had a special place in my heart because of his beginnings and I loved hearing about his activities. I know he was a favorite among many on this board. :hug99: :hug99: :hug99:

Jen
07-21-2009, 09:57 PM
Heartbroken like all the rest. I was among the fortunate to meet your sweet boy, he was truly a wonderful dog.

His life may have been way too short, but dammit, he wouldn't have lived even a few months without you. You did everything in your power for him, more than many people would do for human family members.

I am truly sorry he was with you such a short time. But every day he knew how much he was loved, who can ask for more?

:bighug: Andrea for your heart with yet another doxie-sized hole.

We all miss our Monkeypants, and thank you for sharing him with us.

laura
07-21-2009, 10:07 PM
Oh My GOD...I am devastated at hearing this! Crap Crap Crap.

doxrox
07-21-2009, 10:47 PM
I just saw this thread and thought it had to be a mistake. This is beyond devastating. Andrea, my deepest most heartfelt condolences to you. I've lit a candle for Jethro. Godspeed sweet, funny little Monkeypants. :hug99:

pairodachs
07-21-2009, 11:12 PM
Just got home & first thing I did was light the candle for his journey to the Bridge.

I'm sure my Rowdie greeted him with a lick on the face & tail wag. My old man loved the young ones best.

more hugs being sent your way.

alfina
07-21-2009, 11:25 PM
I am very sorry Andrea. I am crying as well. I never met him but I got to kow him through your posts. Your love for him came through all your posts. And he knew he was loved so much.

The Midgets
07-21-2009, 11:35 PM
My heart has a crack in it......sweet journeys Jethro.....we all loved you.

Rileybugg
07-22-2009, 03:18 AM
Jethro

"Good night sweet prince;
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest."

-Hamlet

:candle3:

Patt
07-22-2009, 03:33 AM
I am so sorry to hear of Jethro's passing. :sad3: I will light a :candle3: for his journey to the bridge. RIP :angel:

Rae
07-22-2009, 08:44 AM
"Good night sweet prince;
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest."

-Hamlet

well done. Sorry to see that it's still true this morning and was not just a nightmare bad dream.

Otto'sMom
07-22-2009, 10:24 AM
The nightmare was waking up without him. The whole pack is off kilter. Eddie didn't know who to play with, he'd usually have a morning *rowr* with Jethro. He and Willard were just faking it for my benefit.

vferraro99
07-22-2009, 10:37 AM
Sorry to see that it's still true this morning and was not just a nightmare bad dream.
:ditto: :ditto:

So sorry, Andrea, so sorry...

bittyup
07-22-2009, 12:42 PM
omg! I have no words....he just touched my heart so very much. He had the best hooman he could have ever had. I am sooo sorry.:hug99: Love ya monkeypants:candle2:

Barb
07-22-2009, 12:55 PM
The nightmare was waking up without him. The whole pack is off kilter. Eddie didn't know who to play with, he'd usually have a morning *rowr* with Jethro. He and Willard were just faking it for my benefit.

Can not even imagine....... We are all hurting, but you A, are having to live the nightmare - I hate it for you. :hug99:

mistyleemom
07-22-2009, 12:58 PM
glad i got to meet him at buda

Tanya
07-22-2009, 01:09 PM
I'm really sorry Andrea. He was a special doxie and will truly be missed. :(
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for your heart.

Frankie'sMom
07-22-2009, 03:05 PM
Oh no, I am so sorry Andrea. Bless his little heart. You gave him love and a good life. I know you hurt. :hug99:

ebmw1975
07-22-2009, 03:30 PM
OH mY I so didnt want to open this. I am so so so sorry Andrea. He KNEW he was truely loved by you and so many. I am in tears over this.
RIP Monkeypants I love you:angel:

Otto'sMom
07-22-2009, 05:56 PM
I stopped by the vet's today for unrelated reasons. They told me Dr. Moore xrayed Jethro and his little lungs had collapsed. That's what happened. Nothing could be done.

lotsadox
07-22-2009, 05:58 PM
:bighug: He knows he was loved.

Frzframe
07-22-2009, 05:59 PM
I stopped by the vet's today for unrelated reasons. They told me Dr. Moore xrayed Jethro and his little lungs had collapsed. That's what happened. Nothing could be done.

:hug99: :hug99: :hug99:

Barb
07-22-2009, 06:10 PM
His little body just wore out.
:hug99: :hug99: :hug99:

vferraro99
07-22-2009, 06:32 PM
He got tired and it was his time... :hug99: :hug99: :hug99:

Alex's Mom
07-22-2009, 06:32 PM
There are rare times that Angels walk among use , they share our lives, they open our hearts, they leave as they came, leaving small footprints on our hearts.

Jerthro was truly an Angel that come to us for some unkown reason. His job on earth was over and now he truly is an Angel.

What Yo said, Andrea, what she said. It was his time, not that that's any comfort whatsoever. I think he came to you, and through you, us, to remind us of the joy to be found in living, no matter what. :hug99::hug99:

daisys
07-22-2009, 07:00 PM
Andrea, I just wanted to share a little something with you: I have talked about Jethro and all the efforts people have done for him to my Honey, and i will tell a little secret, Areese worked over time to make and get delivered a couple of pooh hearts in time for Father's day as it was the perfect gift for my Honey who's only kids (other than mine) are his dogs and cats. She went above and beyond to try to get them here with such VERY short notice. He LOVED them! I explained to him all that folks were doing to help and he was pleased his present was helping someone else's "child".

I had tears in my eyes when I told him yesterday. He surprised me by putting his arms around me and holding me and just taking a moment of silence. I gather that he was hurt too. Even though he is not a member here, he got to know all about Jethro and I could tell it hurt him too.

I just wanted to share that to remind you how much Jethro has touched so many people.

Thank you for sharing him with us.

Claudine
07-23-2009, 05:53 AM
Andrea I am just so saddened by this news. My heart hurts for Jethro & for you. He was such a beautiful little guy.God bless him.:sosad: :hug99: :sosad: :hug99:

quavec
07-23-2009, 09:41 AM
:hug99:

I don't know what to say, Andrea. You loved him with your whole heart. That's all you could do.:hug99:

Chaotic42
07-23-2009, 07:10 PM
How did I miss this?!

Poor J-dog. :sosad:

Mama S.
07-23-2009, 08:34 PM
Just pulled up the anicam - WAIT there's Jethro upside down on Andrea's lap - what the hell is wrong with all of you freaking me out like that., and then Jethro moved. and it wasn't him.:sad3: That means it's real. I never got to hear him nyark:( I didn't get to hold him and schnuggle. I can't reach out and force hug Andrea. This bites.
I always scoffed at people who wept and wailed at the deaths of celebs whom they have never met.
I understand now.

Otto'sMom
07-23-2009, 08:39 PM
Yeah, it's hard to see Trudy run and play. You catch a glimpse and hope against hope that it was all some mistake. And it isn't. And it sucks.

RDavidP
07-23-2009, 09:31 PM
I always scoffed at people who wept and wailed at the deaths of celebs whom they have never met.

Wailing at celeb deaths, I will never understand, but a dog is different.

I like most dogs I have never met much more than most people who I have met.

Bruno
07-25-2009, 12:39 PM
Bruno and Diva and I are sorry to hear of Jetro's passing. I hadn't really checked alot of threads and missed seeing this when I signed on yesterday.
I am very sorry and I know everyone was rooting for him.
Bruno sends nose pats to all that are sad and his love to all that need a hug.:hearts:

rip little man

JanUet
07-25-2009, 03:32 PM
Ijust got off the phone with Lisa about 30 minutes ago. SHe told me about Jethro and I have been sobbing ever since.

He had a WONDERFUL life! That is the best way that I can handle his passing.
HE TRULY HAD A WONDERFUL LIFE WITH AN AWESOME MOMMY!!!!!!
No matter how short, Jethro did have a Wonderful life!

I am so sorry for your loss Andrea :hug99:
We are all :sad1: with you.

Rae
07-27-2009, 06:30 PM
Wailing at celeb deaths, I will never understand, but a dog is different.

I like most dogs I have never met much more than most people who I have met.

:ditto:
rock on, RDavidP.

LexieLuvr
07-31-2009, 10:16 AM
Since I've been unemployed, I don't check DLC very often, but I decided to try to do some catching up today, when I saw this! I missed a lot of the details of his illness, but it really doesn't matter - your furboy is gone, and he can never be replaced. Please know he is in a place of pure love - if you talk to him, he will tell you. He will also tell you he knows you did the very best you could for him, and he loved you as much as you loved him. My deepest sympathies, Andrea. I know the pain only too well. I am so sorry. :hug99: