PDA

View Full Version : Memorial for Jethro

michelehbc
07-23-2009, 02:44 AM
I thought I would set up a little thread where we could all say our goodbyes to Captain Jethro Monkeypants, much beloved baby of the DLC.
Kind of like a funeral, for Andrea and all of the people who loved and rooted for the speshul man.
Everyone can share their memories and sympathies here, and we can honor the life of this sweet baby who died too soon.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/Anewborg/Anipals%20Next/Mississippi4009-7.jpg

Jethro, baby, I never met you, but you hold a BERY speshul place in my heart. I followed your progress from a puppy, and loved you from afar. You were so blessed to have such a loving, wonderful mommy, and although I am deeply deeply saddened at your passing, I know that she gave you the good life, and that you will be waiting at the Bridge for her, with Grrrt, and Dusty, and Michele and, of course, Izzy Wartzburg (although Grrrt might snark ya, Jethro- be careful! :) ) Your Mama will gather you in her arms again, special guy, and let you lick her face all you want, and smile as you nyark! nyark! nyark! at her as she walks into paradise.

And, Andrea...I love you.

RDavidP
07-23-2009, 06:08 AM
Jethro, I have only been here a short time and known about you for only a few days, but in that short time your story even touched me. I was rooting for you and praying. I too was deeply sadden at your passing, but you are now amongst an endless supply of bones and squeeky toys and have been welcomed by those who went before you.

Jacqueline
07-23-2009, 06:24 AM
Jethro sweetie, you weren't just an anipal, but had a home in the heart of everyone who ever met you, saw you, or got to know you thru your Mom and the members here. You may have crossed the bridge, but know that you will always be here in our hearts, where you brought so much joy and happiness. Enjoy your freedom from feeling puny, and don't forget to meet us all when we cross. I'll bring treats.

vferraro99
07-23-2009, 10:28 AM
Jethro, baby. I never met you, but your story and the fight your Momma put up to make you all better made me wish you could have a normal life and be healthy, as all dogs should be. I'm so sorry it wasn't meant to be. I know I'll never forget you, sweet baby.

Please watch over your Momma, she's very sad right now because you can no longer lick her face in the morning and she can no longer hug and kiss you.

If you happen to see Tinha and Teco wandering by, give them a lick for me and tell them I miss them.

Opaleyz
07-23-2009, 10:58 AM
Oh Jethro, like many of us on here, I never got to meet you. But I followed your story since your momma was first found. Your joy spilled out of you, into Andrea, and through her into all of us. I feel so blessed that her stories and pictures of you helped us all form the connection we have. You are one precious, special pup, and you have a wonderful Mom. It feels like you were taken too soon, but you will be ever young and ever free from now on.

We will miss you.

Tex
07-23-2009, 01:36 PM
Sweet baby Jethro, I will always remember you as the adorable little man who kept my neck warm.........and passed gas right next to my face. Never thought I could say I would miss that..........

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1230/4737902/22090548/370249065.jpg

You will be missed sweet boy!:hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

mistyleemom
07-23-2009, 02:05 PM
He was the cutest little puppy and so full of life loved his raceing harness rest in peace monkeypants-jethro

doxiemommy3
07-23-2009, 02:41 PM
Jethro, I know you were here for a very short time and I never got to meet you in the fur but you were (like all) still family. I know you had the best mama ever and that you will watch over her and the rest of the anipals. We all are going to miss you and will think of you often, I know I will esp around Christmas, because of last years Christmas card which hung on my refrigeration until a few weeks ago and I would see that cute little face every time I walked by the fridge.

Tell my Mowglie I said Hi when you see him...I am sure he will be in all the fun places that you will get to see at the bridge.

Barb
07-24-2009, 09:19 AM
I had the distinct pleasure of hearing Jethro “urk” over the phone on Halloween night, 2008. It was also the first time I had talked to Andrea on the phone ! Simply adorable ! I was lucky to visit The Anipal Palace and hold him, and sleep with him too !!!! He was a lover and a cuddler, that is for sure. I got to comfort him during my visit, and my heart, very simply put, melted. I watched him many hours on the crittercam and laughed outloud at his playful antics. A bigger, more grown up Jethro came to Buda this year, and he slept with me again….ahhhhh heaven :hug99: What a joy to watch him race…… he was awesome…. All the DLC’rs there agreed. He leaves a round head hole in all of our hearts. Jethro, one with a unique soul, an innocent, one responsible for turning hearts to mush and brains to skittles. Thank you our Andrea for sharing him with us... Captain Jethro Monkeypants….him was special :hearts:

laura
07-24-2009, 11:36 AM
Through Andrea, we got to know your special and unique personality. Just when you think you had heard it all, there was another Jethro story! We miss you terribly and thank your mama for sharing you with all of us.

silverselkie56
07-24-2009, 01:21 PM
Even though I never got to meet you in the fur, you became one of the furkids that are very special in my heart and will forever be there. Say hello to my Baron at the Bridge. I look forward to meeting you when it is my time.