PDA

View Full Version : I used to like thunderstorms

Chaotic42
07-26-2009, 07:50 PM
But since I got the pooper-dogs, I don't like storms because they scare the dogs. I try to give them treats when it thunders, but it hasn't worked yet.

Scared pups:

http://www.bigplasticfork.com/Images/Dogs/Scared.jpg

They were much more peaceful at 1am:

http://www.bigplasticfork.com/Images/Dogs/Sleep.jpg

Are your dogs scared of the thunder?

Lisa
07-26-2009, 08:20 PM
LOL, under your desk, looks kinda like under ours. Complete with a scaredie wiener. Pixel doesn't like any loud noises, which is ironic given how much noise HE makes.

http://static.flickr.com/34/199864811_d9abcc1de0.jpg

That 1:00 a.m picture is awesome.

Linus
07-26-2009, 08:40 PM
After having a tornado hit the next apartment complex over a few years ago, I am a lot more nervous about thunderstorms than the dogs! You are more than welcome to send that thunder here, we are in a serious drought!

Emma and Cy, you will be fine guys, your dad is the greatest!

Otto'sMom
07-26-2009, 08:44 PM
I had no less than 5 dogs shaking and worried about the storm on me, and Buddy had crammed himself first in the laundry room and now under the end table.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/Anewborg/Afterthestorm015.jpg

Chaotic42
07-26-2009, 09:00 PM
After having a tornado hit the next apartment complex over a few years ago, I am a lot more nervous about thunderstorms than the dogs! You are more than welcome to send that thunder here, we are in a serious drought!

Emma and Cy, you will be fine guys, your dad is the greatest!

Aw...

vferraro99
07-26-2009, 09:01 PM
I wish we had thunderstorms around here... we will be going into mandatory water rationing in about a year if things don't change... and they'll not, I know. My kids get startled when there's thunder in the mountains (noise not so loud), and fireworks, but they don't panic.

Chaotic42
07-26-2009, 09:15 PM
I wish we had thunderstorms around here... we will be going into mandatory water rationing in about a year if things don't change... and they'll not, I know. My kids get startled when there's thunder in the mountains (noise not so loud), and fireworks, but they don't panic.

Heh, we get storms about every third day here and we're still in a drought.

silverselkie56
07-26-2009, 10:26 PM
Teak barks and tries to scare the thunder and lightening away. He is not afraid of anything. Stomper, Abby, Dreamer do not pay any attention to it. Silver crawls under any handy cover, be it blankie or towl or pillow. But poor Rascel shakes as if he is going to come out of his fur. He tries to climb in our skins and we have to give him Calm-Ease to get him over it. Rain will set him off, it does not have to thunder or lightening, just rain. But he loves bathes and the sprinkler, so it is strange that he is afraid of the rain. Maybe the electrical currents in the air.

Chaotic42
07-26-2009, 11:17 PM
Well, I just had a talk with Cy and apparently he wasn't scared of the storm. He was scared of how badly he would kick the storm's butt if it entered his domain which, forutnately for the storm it did not. Sometimes his own power is too much for him.

He asked that I clarify.

Kasianni
07-27-2009, 01:01 AM
We have had nothing but thunderstorms for the past few weeks with very little sun. Tonight was bad, it was so loud it even made me jump. Poor Mika started shaking like crazy and Theo was running up and down the hallways barking his head off. I don't know if he was scared or annoyed. Lots of lightning. Was scary tonight.:scared1:

Jacqueline
07-27-2009, 03:30 AM
None of them like storms, which we seem to be having a lot of lately, but Mindy is very frearful of them. She runs and cries when we have a bad one. I have to scoop her up and hold her close until all the noise stops. Once it is all over, she gets down and runs to her daddy to tell him all about it.

All of them have to be close when it storms, but she is really terrified, poor baby.

lotsadox
07-27-2009, 09:14 AM
I used to have 2 littermates who were terrified of storms. I never found anything that helped them very much. Rescue Remedy would help some if I realized that it was going to storm and started giving it early, but once they got in panic mode I never found anything that would help.

Thank doG that now Scooter just barks a few times if the thunder is loud (he doesn't like loud noises which, like Pixel, is ironic because he's the noisiest dog I've had in years :rolleyes:).

vferraro99
07-27-2009, 10:52 AM
Well, I just had a talk with Cy and apparently he wasn't scared of the storm. He was scared of how badly he would kick the storm's butt if it entered his domain which, forutnately for the storm it did not. Sometimes his own power is too much for him.

He asked that I clarify.
Now that would be Sammy, so maybe we should just get Cy and Sammy together to scare the thunderstorms away :rotfl: :rotfl:

silverselkie56
07-27-2009, 02:23 PM
Teak says to add him to the Storm Chasers. With Cy, Sammy and Teak, those storms don't have a chance.:rotfl: :rotfl:

wawailc
07-27-2009, 02:40 PM
Storms don't bother Jack at all. He got up out of the recliner to look at the rain tho. Cool dude!

lotsadox
07-27-2009, 02:51 PM
Cash and Miller are like that. If it thunders really loud, they act annoyed that it woke them up :rotfl: :rotfl:

LexieLuvr
07-31-2009, 10:24 AM
Lexie hides in the darkest corner she can find, but doesn't bark. Jack just ignores thunder and lightning. My foster, Cynda, however is another story - she HATES it, and we've been having some wonderful rain storms lately which is great - except if it's very early in the morning (like 5 AM); she freaks out and wants up in the big bed with us and that's a big "no no," which means I have to get up and sleep on the couch where she and the others join me so they all feel safe. Ugh. :sosad:

Jen
07-31-2009, 02:19 PM
Tasha is terrified of storms and will shake and pant and cower. Even storms far enough away we couldn't hear anything would freak her out - we'd just see them on radar. Fortunately there is a LOT less thunder here than in NYC.

Here's an older pic of her hiding from the boomies.

http://i28.tinypic.com/29fc7wo.jpg

vferraro99
07-31-2009, 03:06 PM
Aawww, poor baby Tasha... don't be afraid, hon, it's just noise, and Mom will protect you.:hug99:

michelehbc
07-31-2009, 03:13 PM
Bailey is scared of loud noises, but Chuck barks at every thunderclap like he is going to attack it and make it stop scaring his brother! :rotfl:

Mama S.
07-31-2009, 09:18 PM
Most of da herd could care less but poor Mike is terrified - he too looks for the darkest corner to hide in:(

Jen
08-01-2009, 11:47 AM
Poor Mike, I know how hard it can be on them.