PDA

View Full Version : Dealing Dogs Documentary

mydachsies
02-23-2006, 12:40 AM
When you see the video it is heartbreaking.Very graphic so BEware!!http://www.hbo.com/docs/

Goob
02-23-2006, 12:49 AM
Erika, my DH saw it and I asked him to stop telling me about it because it was making me too upset. :shocked: Sounds like it was pretty real and graphic.

Patt
02-23-2006, 02:12 AM
Sad as it is this documentary is not for the faint of heart. I wish everyone would watch so you are aware of what is happening in the “dealer” business. Most people haven’t a clue.

One person interviewed, (unknown to them) admitted to stealing dogs from rich people’s homes. Another woman stated she paid off her house doing this. Can you imagine how many dogs she stole to pay off a house at $10-20 per dog?

CC Baird, America’s most notorious Class B dealers of Martin Creek Kennel (ARK), lost 700 acres of land, his home and faces 1.2 million in fines. He, his wife and 2 daughters are out of business for good, but there are many more.

Nancy
02-23-2006, 03:23 PM
After reading the last to comments on the video, I decided not to view it. I can't stomach situation like that; breaks my heart.

On the other hand, it's good that the documentary was done, now maybe something can be done to fix the problem.

K2
02-23-2006, 03:30 PM
After reading the last to comments on the video, I decided not to view it. I can't stomach situation like that; breaks my heart.

On the other hand, it's good that the documentary was done, now maybe something can be done to fix the problem.

I chose not to view the video too. I know it would only upset me. But, I am glad that it was made so that others can be aware of what is happening.

squirrel818
02-23-2006, 08:42 PM
I've watched the doc. on hbo twice so far and intend to watch it again tonight with dh. It is very graphic and I cried all the way through both times. My heart just broke for these thousands of dogs and the undercover investigator as well. You could tell he loves animals and it was hurting him to do the things he was doing. I was unaware of c.c. baird personally but I knew places like this existed. I am so thankful that all the dogs he has tortured at his "kennel" have found some justice. There is a special place in hell reserved for people like baird.

Laurie' s Dachshunds
02-23-2006, 08:55 PM
I only seen the preview & I know I can' t watch it. I love dogs sooo much it will break my heart too bad. I know alot of bad people do alot of sick things,and I also know 1 day they will have to answear for it.