PDA

View Full Version : Molly's obediance Class Part Deux

Nancy
02-23-2006, 11:16 AM
:mad4: :mad4: :mad4: :mad4:

Does that give you an indication of how last night went!?

Well, I did what everyone suggested, training in different areas, having her "sit" before her meal. :mad4:

Sooo we go to class last night, and Molly decides to interupt the puppy class and BARK at every dog there. O.K., no problem, we'll walk around the store to avoid us interupting any more than we already have.

Our class starts and she wants NOTHING to do with training. All she wanted to do was be fed treats and sniff Diamond (another dog in class). If she wasn't sniffing Diamond, or begging Diamonds owner for treats, she was walking up to the other two dogs, barking and snarling at them. So after an hour of this little "show" I was exhausted and frankly glad class was over. She was barking her head off but her tail was wagging and every time two dogs were together, she just dove in the middle of the two and barked!!!! I asked the trainer about Molly's behavior and she just said that Molly wanted everyone to know she was there.

Anyway, next week is a new week, I'll practice between now and next Wednesday and see how we do!

Thanks for letting me vent!

Jill
02-23-2006, 11:44 AM
:scratch: Oh Molly. What are we going to do with you.

Alex's Mom
02-23-2006, 12:00 PM
I'm not laughing, really I'm not ...Hmmpf, hampgh...:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: That sounds SO much like Maxe when I took her to obedience class. We were eventually (after a few weeks of this behaviour) asked to leave...I'm sure Miss Molly would never embarrass her mom like that!!! Hang in there, it's bound to get better!!

Nancy
02-23-2006, 12:05 PM
We were eventually (after a few weeks of this behaviour) asked to leave...I'm sure Miss Molly would never embarrass her mom like that!!! Hang in there, it's bound to get better!!

i wish i could say we were asked to leave, but the trainer LOVES molly!

LUVMYGUNNER
02-23-2006, 02:31 PM
I'm sorry but that was funny:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Hope she does better the next time.

Laurie' s Dachshunds
02-23-2006, 09:54 PM
Oh No! Not good! I' m sure you wish you could crawl under something & hide.:shocked:

Here' s some :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for good luck on next class.

K2
02-23-2006, 09:58 PM
:rotfl: That is kind of funny~sorry. I'm sure she'll get better. I have to tell you about Pippit's first classes...he barked at the poor man who was only watching FOR THE ENTIRE CLASS!!! I was mortified. The trainer just said to ignore him. It was horrible. So, at least be thankful it's not as bad as that! :bighug:

Bella's Mom
02-23-2006, 10:16 PM
Perhaps when she's been to a few more classes she'll settle down and get right to business....maybe??? She's such a sweetheart who could resist?

JanUet
02-23-2006, 10:39 PM
How em-beara-skins!!!!!:shocked:

She just wanted to spend more time socializing and chatting with the rest of the class. :rotfl:

lotsadox
02-23-2006, 11:15 PM
:rofl: Sorry but that is too funny! :rofl: She just wants everyone to know that she's here! I'm sure they did after all that barking! :banana:

Anatresia
02-24-2006, 08:37 AM
I am going through the same thing with Rigby. The only dog there that she wants anything to do with is the male dachshund. She growls, barks, and snaps at all of the other dogs.

The funniest thing is that she'll growl and snap at another dog, then run behind me to protect her- like, "Oh, shoot- I ran my mouth off again- better take cover." :)

I'm glad to hear that I'm not alone in this situation- misery loves company. I wonder if spoiled rotten dachsie girls can be fixed?

Nancy
02-24-2006, 10:09 AM
The funniest thing is that she'll growl and snap at another dog, then run behind me to protect her- like, "Oh, shoot- I ran my mouth off again- better take cover." :)

my god, we have the SAME dog!!

I'm thinking I should of posted this blurp in the "Joke of the Day" section! :rotfl:

Laurie' s Dachshunds
02-24-2006, 11:27 AM
:rotfl: I see that image now or the doxies hiding behind your legs after making so much noise!!!

bumpergirl
02-25-2006, 07:20 AM
This is just a thought, but are you spending a lot of time practicing the obedience with Molly at home? I know that when I took Bailey to obedience training the instructor told us to practice with our dogs, but make the practice sessions very brief and fun for the dog. I was just thinking maybe she acted up because she's tired of the training if she's doing it a lot at home?

Oh, yeah, and I couldn't help :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: when I read your post. Sorry!

Nancy
02-25-2006, 10:12 AM
This is just a thought, but are you spending a lot of time practicing the obedience with Molly at home? I know that when I took Bailey to obedience training the instructor told us to practice with our dogs, but make the practice sessions very brief and fun for the dog. I was just thinking maybe she acted up because she's tired of the training if she's doing it a lot at home?

Oh, yeah, and I couldn't help :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: when I read your post. Sorry!

Yup, we practice a little bit every day. In the house and on our walks. Last night before I fed her dinner I told her to sit and she was just so freakin' excited to eat that she was jumping on my leg, running in circles. So after a minute of that little "show", I said again (and used the hand signal) sit, and she did. Grant it, she sat for all of oh, 3 seconds, but something is better than nothing!! :rotfl:

Linus
02-25-2006, 02:01 PM
Poor Nancy!! :bigrayz: :bigrayz: that next week will go better for you!