PDA

View Full Version : Question of the Day

MomToDolly&Madison
02-23-2006, 02:54 PM
Whose doggies just live to go fer walks and whose hounds find that walks are NOT fun at all?

I have one of each. Maddie LOVES walkies and will drive us CRAZY with her squeaking and carrying on. Sometimes if we can't just drop everything for the Princess, a bully stick will keep her busy but this girl LOVES walks. Dolly is a whole different story. Now she gets all excited to get her "jinglies" on (collar and tags) and loves the IDEA of a walk but the actual walk seems to scare her. She will go down the steps and trot as far as the end of the driveway but then she puts on the brakes and WILL NOT MOVE. We end up taking her back to the house and just taking the Madderoo. She hates big dogs and I think she's just so fearful that she won't go beyond her own backyard.

Let's hear from you. Walkies or NO WAY on walkies.

I posted this under wiener adventures 'cause any walkie with a 9 lb squeaking Madderoo IS an adventure.

Nancy
02-23-2006, 03:04 PM
Molly LOVES to go for a walk!

Naturally, my arm is ripped from it's socket, but I'm working on that problem too! :rotfl:

Funny thing is, her nose is stuck to the ground the second she is out the door! She never looks up, except when I call her name or change direction!

K2
02-23-2006, 03:10 PM
Pippit is a fair weather walker. He loves walkies when it's nice, sunny and warm. When it's cold, rainy or snowy(even windy)I say I have to take him for a drag(instead of walk)

Lisa
02-23-2006, 03:22 PM
Both HATE it, 4 foot plant anytime their harness is anywhere near them. Pogo end of driveway and that is IT, Pixel is about the same, and noise and he charges home.

Bella's Mom
02-23-2006, 03:31 PM
Walkies, walkies and how about some more walkies!? Bella loves to go for walks. It's been hard with the cold here but every chance we get temps above 30 we are out there. We can't wait for Spring! :banana:

jennie_c_d
02-23-2006, 03:49 PM
SHHH!!! Don't say it so loud!!! Mine LOVE walkies. They also love bike rides, and Teenie loves car rides (but Emma hates them... I think she's borderline carsick). They go crazy if you pick up a leash:)

blueyezz74
02-23-2006, 03:53 PM
Harley loves walks.

Max is 3 mths old and doesn't understand the leash concept yet.

Laurie' s Dachshunds
02-23-2006, 08:37 PM
Mine LOVE walks and really LOVE car rides!

SusanF
02-23-2006, 09:28 PM
If its warm Ilsa likes to walk.....if its cold........she isn't too thrilled. I usually have a sweater on her this time of year. Apollo, our Sheltie, loves walks no matter what the weather excpet if its storming. he is neurotic about storms! Ilsa ahs become so also. She doesn't like the booms and cries.

Jen
03-01-2006, 04:56 PM
Tasha agrees with Pippit. She likes walkies in nice weather, but under 40 and over 85, no thanks! Unless its to the big park, then she'll go in the cold or heat (but never in the rain or snow).

Lately I have to drag her for parts of the first block or two, then she behaves after that.

Courtney
03-01-2006, 05:01 PM
Napoleon likes to go on walks with other dogs, but not by himself! i guess he is like me in that sense. I have friends who are just fine going to movies and concerts alone, but I would never be able to do that! :rotfl:

Frzframe
03-01-2006, 06:17 PM
Mitzi loves them. Dudley can take them or leave them.:scratch:

mydachsies
03-01-2006, 06:22 PM
All mine love walks.Ever since I got the triple leash for the pups they really enjoy the walk.Calvin and Chloe have the coupler and really enjoy walking side by side. That is my exercise for the day.Today we went to the park and walked 3miles! :cheer2:

Mama S.
03-01-2006, 06:23 PM
Mine LOVE walkies but with the herd, I normally have to take just one or two at a time unless I can con someone into going with. THen it's WHINING and HOLLERING from the group left behind!
Sandi

quavec
03-01-2006, 06:34 PM
Cricket loves walkies AND car rides. If he is outside and a car door opens, :seeya: you better make sure you don't have a stowaway!

:dogwalk:

JanUet
03-01-2006, 07:26 PM
When I say the word Walkies at home. Sophie breaks into a little dance and makes a bee line for the door. She gets all excited and happy when I put her leash on. Casey just waits until the last minute to come to me for a walk.
No excitement or anything.

Once we are out both a really happy and Sophie does this little hop, skip with her back legs. The both enjoy their walks. As soon as Casey sees our door he pulls to get inside.