PDA

View Full Version : Daddy's girl

alfina
02-24-2006, 08:35 AM
Sabrina is our "wanna-care-less-look" dog when it comes to kisses and belly rubs. She does show more emotions when dh picks her up. I guess she is a daddy girl afterall. Last night I wake up to an unmistakable sound of a sick dog. start searching for the one that is making it sound and find Sabrina is the one. She got really close to dh probably thinking he will make the boo-boo go away. I don't think he'd appreciate that display of emotions though. Because she was just a moment away from throwing up on his face!!! She was sitting right on his pillow with her snout pointing right at him!

I grabbed and moved her to the floor and it all came out. DH was saved.

Sabrina is doing fine. She found a piece of bone outside. Not sure where or how because I had someone watch them all last night for us. She already ate her breakfast.

oceangirls
02-24-2006, 09:12 AM
DH definitely owes you one for that!

I'm glad Sabrina is doing okay now. A few rays to make sure:rayz: :bigrayz: :rayz:

Nancy
02-24-2006, 09:26 AM
DH owes you big time!!! :rotfl:

Some better feeling belly :bigrayz: 's for Sabrina!

Laurie' s Dachshunds
02-24-2006, 09:55 AM
Good that you woke up in time!!! Or that could have been a real :shocked:

Frzframe
02-24-2006, 03:38 PM
awwwwwww She loves her daddy and wanted him to take care of her tummy. How sweet is that. Now it's a good thing you woke up when you did because I don't think daddy would've liked his little girl for that. Although how did he not wake up to save himself? I would've been up like a shot. :scratch:

Bella's Mom
02-24-2006, 03:43 PM
Just goes to show that sometimes it's a good thing not to be their favorite! LOL :rotfl:

quavec
02-24-2006, 03:49 PM
Although how did he not wake up to save himself? I would've been up like a shot. :scratch:

There seems to be an odd hormone/chromosone thing missing in males when it comes to the hacking sound of a dog about to :vomit: or the crying sound of a baby needing a diaper change.

They DO tend to notice the distress cries of a child and / or baby. And they often notice the distressed sound of an animal that is hurt or in danger.

:scratch: They also seem to lose some of their sense of smell when it comes to a dirty diaper or a surprise sitting on the floor next to them.

:rotfl:

Jen
02-24-2006, 04:01 PM
Back before we knew about Tasha's wheat/corn sensitivity, I'd often wake up to that noise in the night. DH would sleep through it all too often...so I'd turn on the light when I went to clean it up.....

Glad you rescued DH from an alarming wake up call!

lotsadox
02-24-2006, 04:17 PM
Although how did he not wake up to save himself? I would've been up like a shot. :scratch:

It's a guy thing. I think it's called avoiding responsibility and work, especially dirty work! :rotfl: I be from a sound sleep to wide awake in a nano-second at the sound of a dog about to barf on my bed! :shocked: