PDA

View Full Version : Braydi's story will be featured...

bsquared
08-24-2009, 08:25 PM
in a dachshund rescue book! :cheer3: Lorrie (doxrox) had posted a link awhile back about the Happy Tails books. (http://happytailsbooks.com/) and I thought, "what the heck!" and submitted both Bayley and Braydi's rescue/adoption stories. I received an email today that Braydi's story will be featured! :) I'm so excited! :cheer3:

Tanya
08-24-2009, 08:48 PM
:thumbsup: Very cool! Congrats!!! :thumbsup:

areese
08-24-2009, 08:48 PM
Way Cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheer3: :cheer3: :cheer3:

vferraro99
08-24-2009, 08:50 PM
I also received an e-mail, and Jewels' story will be featured as well. They asked me a bunch of questions and asked for pictures. That's really exciting, I had even forgotten I submitted the story.

bsquared
08-24-2009, 09:19 PM
I also received an e-mail, and Jewels' story will be featured as well. They asked me a bunch of questions and asked for pictures. That's really exciting, I had even forgotten I submitted the story.

That is terrific!!! CONGRATS!! :cheer3: :hug99: They asked me for a picture too...and since I take few pictures of anything BUT my dogs, I bombarded her with pictures. :rotfl:

Barb
08-24-2009, 09:26 PM
Robyne and Vicki - that is very kewl !!!!

vferraro99
08-24-2009, 10:29 PM
They keep e-mailing me more questions, and I'm happy to comply with replies. Just responded to another e-mail.

Interesting how very little the people involved in this enterprise really know about rescue... so weird.

Did they ask you how Braidy was transported, Robyne?

lotsadox
08-24-2009, 11:02 PM
How exciting! :cheer3: :cheer3:

Alex's Mom
08-25-2009, 06:59 AM
Very very cool!!!!! Can't wait to read them :)

bittyup
08-25-2009, 07:10 AM
:congrats:That is so cool you guyz! When does the book come out? :cool:

bsquared
08-25-2009, 10:00 AM
They keep e-mailing me more questions, and I'm happy to comply with replies. Just responded to another e-mail.

Interesting how very little the people involved in this enterprise really know about rescue... so weird.

Did they ask you how Braidy was transported, Robyne?

Hmmm...no. She didn't ask me any questions other than for pictures...What kind of questions is she asking?

vferraro99
08-25-2009, 10:41 AM
They asked about the transport (Jewels and Sammy Boy were flown to me by a friend), and I asked them not to publish that, as the airlines have been cracking down on employees that fly dogs (they lose the $$ that's charged for the transport of the animal in the cabin this way). My friend no longer works for the airline industry, but many of her friends that still work for them transport dogs in the cabin for both rescues and breeders, and my friend told me some of them have been disciplined. They asked if they came in the cabin or in cargo... :duh: :duh: If they were to be flown in cargo there was no need for anybody to fly with them :duh: :duh:, but of course I held my tongue.

They also asked about IVDD, and if Jewels eats any different type of food because of the IVDD (????).

I don't have access to my web based e-mail at work, but I could see little pieces of a couple of e-mails from them, one asking if I want to combine Jewels' story with Sammy Boy's story. I'll have to see when I get home.

Alex's Mom
08-25-2009, 11:04 AM
See, me being the suspicious person I am :sosad: right about now I'd be asking why they need to know this, since you've put what they need to know in the story. End o' discussion......

bsquared
08-25-2009, 11:26 AM
See, me being the suspicious person I am :sosad: right about now I'd be asking why they need to know this, since you've put what they need to know in the story. End o' discussion......

I agree...all these questions are weird. I wasn't asked any other than to send a picture. I wonder if Lorrie or Zandra have been asked questions?

vferraro99
08-25-2009, 12:21 PM
Thanks for waking me up, I know you're right. I'm usually very suspicious, but I guess I got so excited about Jewels' story actually being published that my good judgment was clouded. I'll see what else they are asking for this time when I get home and hopefully put a stop to the questions.

doxrox
08-25-2009, 12:26 PM
Vinnie and Charlie will both be included in the book :cheer3: Vinnie is getting a long feature with photo and Charlie is getting a short story with no photo :sosad:

I wasn't asked any additional questions but I don't think there's anything to be skeptical about. I think they are just going through the editing process to make each story unique and feature different ways that rescues come into our lives. I believe the publishers have Boston Terriers so probably have no clue about IVDD. Sadly, a lot of doxie owner aren't informed about it either. So maybe Jewels story will help educate some people! :cheer3:

I'll be carrying the books on my website and will be donating 100% of the net proceeds to FLDR. I know everyone in my family will be finding one under their tree Christmas morning :rotfl:

RustysMom
08-27-2009, 09:52 AM
Do we know when the book is due to come out? Id like to get one.

bsquared
08-27-2009, 12:49 PM
Do we know when the book is due to come out? Id like to get one.

It's due to ship in mid-October. If you pre-order you can either get $2 off the price or they will double the donation to dachshund rescue.

silverselkie56
08-27-2009, 03:43 PM
Baron also will be in the book with picture. That means we now have about 5 if my count is right.

Braydi
Jewels
Vinnie
Charlie
Baron

I preordered 2 copies, one for Baron's memory shelf and one for me and was going to order for Christmas prezzies. But will order from those from doxrox - since you will be donating that much to rescue. Just have to bookmark your website again on this new puter. Tell me it again. Too bad they do not make them so you can just plug them together and tell them to transfer info.:duh:

Sophie and Lili's Mom
08-27-2009, 10:42 PM
Baron also will be in the book with picture. That means we now have about 5 if my count is right.

Braydi
Jewels
Vinnie
Charlie
Baron

I preordered 2 copies, one for Baron's memory shelf and one for me and was going to order for Christmas prezzies. But will order from those from doxrox - since you will be donating that much to rescue. Just have to bookmark your website again on this new puter. Tell me it again. Too bad they do not make them so you can just plug them together and tell them to transfer info.:duh:

Hoover makes 6! I am pretty sure he is getting a picture. The only thing she asked me was why his eyes are like they are. I didn't really mention it in the story and was more than happy to let her know why breeding DD's is bad.