PDA

View Full Version : Cy

Chaotic42
08-30-2009, 10:35 AM
Cy passed away this morning at about 9am while I was in the shower. He was active this morning and my cousin came in and said he stopped breathing between the time he went out to his car and the time he came back in.

Obviously I'm in shock and obviously I was completely wrong about planning on taking him to the vet on Monday. He was eating, he was walking around, he was even playing yesterday.

I don't know. Andrea, do I take him to Woolmarket? Can they do an autopsy?

I'm sorry boy, I completely failed you.

bsquared
08-30-2009, 10:38 AM
Oh, I am so, so sorry for your loss!!!! Please do not think you failed him because you didn't at all...You gave him such love and joy.... :hug99: Lighting a candle for Cy. :candle2: :hug99: for both you and Emma.

Yolanda
08-30-2009, 10:39 AM
I am sorry and hurt for you.

AgileOllie
08-30-2009, 10:50 AM
Oh no. No No No!!! Cy was one of my most favorite foster boys ever. My heart is aching so badly right now. I'm so sorry. I'm so, so sorry. Please don't beat yourself up. You gave him so much. :hug99: :hug99: :hug99:

Alex's Mom
08-30-2009, 10:54 AM
My heart is breaking for all of you. godspeed sweet boy :candle2:

Chaotic42
08-30-2009, 11:21 AM
Thanks everyone. I really appreciate it. Unfortunately the fact is that many of you told me to take him to the e-vet this weekend and I didn't. If I had honestly thought that this was a possibility...

I honestly thought he was not seriously ill, but I was wrong and *he* paid the price for it.

Well, anyway I called the e-vet and they're going to cremate him.

I don't know. I should have listened. My doxie buddy is absolutely crushed too. I'm still stunned. It hasn't sunk in yet. She's talking about me getting another dog, but I don't think that's going to happen.

Chaotic42
08-30-2009, 11:29 AM
Oh no. No No No!!! Cy was one of my most favorite foster boys ever. My heart is aching so badly right now. I'm so sorry. I'm so, so sorry. Please don't beat yourself up. You gave him so much. :hug99: :hug99: :hug99:

Yeah, I know that you're not supposed to have favorites, but if I was a dog, I would have been Cy and if he was a human he would have been me.

We make the same noise when we were disgusted, we give the same look when we were woken up, we both like to lay on our backs on the couch and watch TV, we both get beat up and stepped on by the women in our lives. :rotfl:

I guess I'm going to take him to the hospital now. I need to regain my composure before I get on the road.

Frzframe
08-30-2009, 11:30 AM
I am so sorry. :hug99:

We all struggle with when we should take our little ones to the vet. You didn't do anything wrong as he was walking and playing yesterday and looking like on the road to recovery. You were a good dad to him and you should never question that even though I know its hard not to.

:candle: for sweet Cy

Linus
08-30-2009, 11:41 AM
I am so very, very sorry.

You did not fail him! You watched him and realized something was wrong, you even took his heart rate! You did everything you could for him.

I know that our words won't really help much right now, but please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. :hug99:

God speed, sweet Cy.

Rileybugg
08-30-2009, 11:56 AM
That is so sad. I'm so very sorry. :hug99:

Since he went so suddenly, it is possible there is nothing that could have been done for him. Please try not to beat yourself up.

He knew a lot of love with you. :candle3:

Lisa
08-30-2009, 12:02 PM
I am so sorry. I know how much you truly loved Cy and how much he loved you back. We are all grieving with you right now. :candle2: :candle3: :candle2:

RIP sweet Cy.

Chris, please don't beat yourself up. Which I know is easier said than done. but guilt can't help when you are experiencing so much grief. You did bring him to the vet, you noticed something was still wrong and you had his meds changed, he was doing better, there is no way this is your fault.

As for getting another Doxie, I personally feel that with few exception (my Pogo), dog generally like constant company so you will need to ask Emma if she would like a brother or sister. They will never be a replacement for Cy, but there are lots of wonderful dogs that need a great forever home like yours.

vferraro99
08-30-2009, 12:12 PM
As for getting another Doxie, I personally feel that with few exception (my Pogo), dog generally like constant company so you will need to ask Emma if she would like a brother or sister. They will never be a replacement for Cy, but there are lots of wonderful dogs that need a great forever home like yours.
:ditto: I'm so sorry... somehow when I saw his name on the title I had a dreaded feeling, and unfortunately I was right. R.I.P. little one.

Please don't blame yourself, you did all you could for him. It will be tough, but we're here for you.

Chaotic42
08-30-2009, 01:16 PM
Thanks everyone. I just got back from dropping him off to get creamated. I had to throw his bedding away, I wasn't prepared for all of the blood. It finally started to hit me on the way home.

Poor Emma is going to get more attention than she bargained for.

Rafi
08-30-2009, 01:23 PM
Sorry for your Loss, I am saddened by the news.

I would feel the same as you and start with the "what if I did this" or "what if I did that".

But, You need to try not to let that consume your thoughts, you did take him to the vet and did take good care of him. For him to suddenly go like this, there must have been some other underlying problem, and unfortunately sometimes in life things happen that we cannot predict or control.

Time will heal.. and right now focus on Emma, I'm sure she is under stress as well, probably confused as to where Cy is.

Please don't beat yourself up, you did what you could, its not your fault that we lost Cy.

K2
08-30-2009, 02:28 PM
I am so very sorry. :hug99: :hug99: :hug99: When someone we love is taken suddenly, there really is no magic thing anyone can say.....
But know that we are here for you. :hug99:
You did not fail him~at all.

Run free, sweet Cy. :candle2:

Otto'sMom
08-30-2009, 02:43 PM
Damn, I am so sorry. I think if you had taken him in, he still would've died. At least he got to be in his own bed at home, and got to have his last days being doted on by you, and not strangers at the vet.

Chaotic42
08-30-2009, 02:47 PM
Damn, I am so sorry. I think if you had taken him in, he still would've died. At least he got to be in his own bed at home, and got to have his last days being doted on by you, and not strangers at the vet.

Yeah, he had a nice real chicken dinner last night. He was loving it.

I don't want to be morbid, but I know that they... expel when they pass away. Is a lot of blood common too?

Otto'sMom
08-30-2009, 02:56 PM
Yes. When I found Jethro, there was blood. When I found Michele, there was blood.

michelehbc
08-30-2009, 03:41 PM
The what if's will kill you, man. Don't let it eat at you. Every person here has seen how very very much you love those two, and I don't believe for a minute that this was any of your fault. If he was that bad off, he might have died at the vet, and not in his cozy bed after getting chicken dinner.
I'm so very sad for you, :hug99: :hug99: :hug99:

RIP, sweet Cy boy.

Jacqueline
08-30-2009, 03:58 PM
I'm so sorry for you and Emma. Before you decide not to get another doxie, you really need to find out what she wants to do. Believe me, as one who does ask what her girls think, they have some pretty strong opinions. I know Andrea will be happy to help you with it.

I know he would have rather been at home, with his family, than at the vets.:hug99:

Azaren
08-30-2009, 04:09 PM
:candle3: for Cy. I am so very sorry.

Opaleyz
08-30-2009, 04:43 PM
Oh dear. My heart is so sad with this news. He had a wonderful home with you, and will be happily playing over the bridge until the time comes for you to meet again. It might feel too soon to get another dog now, but our fur-kids seem to know when we'll need more companionship, and will send a new pup along at the right time.

RIP sweet Cy-boy. :candle:

AgileOllie
08-30-2009, 04:51 PM
I agree with everyone else. Emma will most likely need someone to dote on. She and Cy were so very close. I know it hurts your heart to think of it now, but give yourself time to heal and then re-think it.

I've been a mess all day because of this. Candles are lit :(

Bruno
08-30-2009, 05:26 PM
:candle3:
I am so sorry to hear about Cy

Dee

ebmw1975
08-30-2009, 05:50 PM
:angel: RIP sweet Cy

I am so sorry and there are not any words that really are helpful right now. But Cy knew you loved him and you did everything you could and should have. Dont do the what if's cuz it will eat you up. Give your extra lovings to Em and as hard as it is be proud you were and are such a good dad to him and he is running free at the Bridge waiting for the day he meets you there :hug99:

Barb
08-30-2009, 05:50 PM
I am so sorry for your loss :candle: Godspeed sweet Cy.....

Fluffy
08-30-2009, 06:08 PM
I am very, very sorry for your loss. :hug99: :hug99:

RIP Cy :candle:

Two Red Smooth's
08-30-2009, 06:27 PM
Rest In Peace Cy.

I'm so sorry for your loss:hug99:

bittyup
08-30-2009, 07:38 PM
I am so very sorry for your loss. You gave Cy a wonderful loving home and you did take him to the vet. You loved him and he loved you. You can't help but to hurt right now but it was not your fault he passed away. Sometimes our loved ones are taken suddenly. You may not be ready for another buddy right now but when the time is right they just seem to be there. you don't even have to look. He or she will just show up needing a friend. At least that is my experience. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Emma. Godspeed sweet Cy:angel: :candle3: :pray:

Patt
08-30-2009, 07:45 PM
I am so sorry to hear of Cy's passing. I will light a :candle3: for his journey to the bridge. RIP sweet boy. :hug99: :hug99:

JuneyTrixie
08-30-2009, 08:02 PM
I am so very sorry to hear that Cy has passed away. :angel: :candle3:

laura
08-30-2009, 11:10 PM
Terribly terribly sorry that you lost your beloved boy! I am sorry that you are hurting!

AnnMarieK
08-30-2009, 11:34 PM
I am so sorry...please don't beat yourself up...you loved him and took good care of him. Sometimes there is just nothing we can do. At least he crossed to the bridge from his home.
:hug99: :hug99: :hug99:

JanUet
08-31-2009, 06:20 AM
I am so very sorry for your loss :hug99:
Rest in peace dear sweet Cy :candle:

oceangirls
08-31-2009, 08:08 AM
Oh noooooo. I am so sorry, Christian. You did not in any way fail him - none us ever know the right thing to do, especially with dogs who act like they are sick one minute and completely well the next. You gave that little dog love and happiness and belonging, and let him stay together with Emma - all his dreams were fulfilled.

:hug99: to you. Don't close your heart to another doxie, but do give yourself time to grieve.

:candle:

RustysMom
08-31-2009, 09:29 AM
I am so dearly sorry for your loss. Please don't beat yourself up for it. I've done that and know how it feels and it made me sick!

Right now just remember all the good things about Cy remember all the good times you had with Cy and remember that you rescued Cy and he thanks you for that. He had a life with you and Emma, a life that he might not have had if it hadn't been for you adopting him!

Give Emma and yourself time before you consider another pet. You will know when its time. Emma will need someone to lean on and thats you so right now give that to her!

I will light a candle tonight when I get off work :candle3:

TheDoxieHaus
08-31-2009, 09:47 AM
I am so sorry to hear about Cy. You gave him a great new life and I know he really loved you for that. Give Emma lots of hugs and lovins.

Godspeed sweet Cy...:candle3:

Rae
08-31-2009, 12:26 PM
Oh, Chris.... I am so so very sorry. He was definitely a happy boy when he and Emma hit the jackpot and came to live with you... and you guys sure did bond!!!

You were super-vigilant, and please, please don't blame yourself. You are a GREAT daddy and I know you did everything you could. You had a plan, and as has been said you took EXCELLENT care of both him and Emma.

I know your heart is breaking, and please know that your doxie family here is grieving with you. Cy and Emma have been a great rescue story, and they found their very most right forever home which leaves a legacy of success that transcends even death.

The old man would not want you to blame yourself, and I tend to think he had a much smoother crossing of the Bridge in his own forever home in his own bed after a chicken dinner than he would have at the vets, wonderful though they may be.

Which does not make this SUCK any less, nor does it make your heart hurt any less.

As for another doxie, well.... I hate to lay this on you but Andrea knows where you live and can communicate with Emma without your permission so.... INCOMING.

You are such a great doxie daddy, Chris. I know your heart is breaking but I also know it is big and now that you have known the joy and satisfaction of providing a forever home to souls in need..... you are one heck of a great guy.

:hug99:

LUVMYGUNNER
08-31-2009, 05:57 PM
AAWW this is so sad--RIP CY.

Chaotic42
08-31-2009, 08:26 PM
Oh, Chris.... I am so so very sorry. He was definitely a happy boy when he and Emma hit the jackpot and came to live with you... and you guys sure did bond!!!

You were super-vigilant, and please, please don't blame yourself. You are a GREAT daddy and I know you did everything you could. You had a plan, and as has been said you took EXCELLENT care of both him and Emma.

I know your heart is breaking, and please know that your doxie family here is grieving with you. Cy and Emma have been a great rescue story, and they found their very most right forever home which leaves a legacy of success that transcends even death.

The old man would not want you to blame yourself, and I tend to think he had a much smoother crossing of the Bridge in his own forever home in his own bed after a chicken dinner than he would have at the vets, wonderful though they may be.

Which does not make this SUCK any less, nor does it make your heart hurt any less.

As for another doxie, well.... I hate to lay this on you but Andrea knows where you live and can communicate with Emma without your permission so.... INCOMING.

You are such a great doxie daddy, Chris. I know your heart is breaking but I also know it is big and now that you have known the joy and satisfaction of providing a forever home to souls in need..... you are one heck of a great guy.

:hug99:

Aw, I'm blushing. I appreciate it everyone.

I'm feeling a lot better today. I know that Cy is in a better place. Emma is really missing him. For the first time ever she squeaked and cooed when I came home. Fortunately I've been working from home since 12 and my coworker was here too, so Emma got enough snuggling today.

She's lonely. :sosad:

Kasianni
08-31-2009, 08:41 PM
So so sad to hear about Cy. I am very sorry for your loss. :candle3:

Chaotic42
09-02-2009, 06:50 PM
Well, I got Snyborg back (short for SNot filled CYbertronic ORGanism) today. I put his container on the couch and no joke Emma sniffed it and started whining.

It was heart breaking.

But there's closure now. The house is still out of balance, but we're working on that.

RustysMom
09-02-2009, 08:15 PM
Back home where he belongs! :tissue:

doxrox
09-02-2009, 10:35 PM
:hug99: :hug99: :hug99: to you and Emma

Pokeys Mom
09-03-2009, 02:16 AM
My heart goes out to you. Cy knew he was loved very much. I am very sorry for your loss and the pain you are going through right now.

Tex
09-04-2009, 10:42 PM
How the heck did I miss this!?!?

I am SO sorry for your loss Chris! :bighug:
Please do not beat yourself up over this (I know easier said than done). You are a WONDERFUL doxie dad!

Godspeed sweet Cy :candle2:

Rileybugg
09-05-2009, 03:57 AM
:hug99: :hug99: for you and Emma. I wonder if she knew. That's so sad...

Jen
09-05-2009, 08:26 AM
I am so sorry to hear of your loss Chris. Cy had a wonderful home with you, and I know it must hurt like heck to be without him. :hug99:

:candle:

Mama S.
09-06-2009, 07:57 PM
Oh honey- I swear I've been on another planet. I totally missed this.
You are an idiot.
Everyone is screaming Mama how can you say that???? As one who spent almost $500 for a dog who was not even sick and then lost another one who was deathly ill I have learned that we are not God - we do not have a crystal ball and even if you have all the computers on the planet they still would not have told you the precise time that Cy would leave us - so if you still think any of this is your fault then you my love are an idiot.
You are a man - who is loved by and loves his babies. Loves them enough to be able to share them with us, total freak strangers. Now let us freak strangers make you believe that you did nothing wrong did everything right and if anyone has anything to say negative - tell em to call me. I'll handle it.
You make peace with yourself - give you a hug from me and ha herd and know that when the time is right if you and Emma need someone knew - your heart will tell you and you will find that friend.
When the time is right we will celebrate!

LexieLuvr
09-07-2009, 08:12 PM
I know I'm very late, but still want to offer my sincere condolences. Cy is now in a place of pure love, and would NOT want you to feel guilty!!! I'm so sorry for your loss.

Anatresia
09-13-2009, 08:02 PM
:candle: I'm sorry I'm late and I'm very, very sorry for your loss.