PDA

View Full Version : Lily (friends' doxie)

bsquared
08-31-2009, 09:22 AM
My friends and co-workers' doxie, Lily, was attacked last night in her yard by a German shepherd. He grabbed her by the stomach and shook her. They rushed Lily to the e-vet but there was nothing that can be done. Lily was only two and the light of their lives. I'm so sad for them.

Alex's Mom
08-31-2009, 09:39 AM
:holyshp: Poor poor girl. Was the GS running loose? :mad:

Godspeed sweet girl, no one should die like that. :candle2: and many many :hug99::hug99: to her poor humans.

TheDoxieHaus
08-31-2009, 09:45 AM
Oh no! That is one of my biggest fears... Godspeed sweet Lily :angel: :angel: :angel:

bsquared
08-31-2009, 09:46 AM
:holyshp: Poor poor girl. Was the GS running loose? :mad:

Godspeed sweet girl, no one should die like that. :candle2: and many many :hug99::hug99: to her poor humans.

Yes...where Deb and Katie live, there is a lot of land and no one has fenced in yards. This dog has been a menace for some time. Lily was playing in the sprinkler when the shepherd ran onto their property, grabbed her by the stomach and shook her. The shepherd is in quarantine for 14 days but Animal Control is going to give it back to the owners. My heart is breaking for Deb and Katie...My girls played with Lily a couple of times...she was a tiny little wire hair with a huge personality. I can't stand it...so much loss lately. :sosad:

areese
08-31-2009, 09:50 AM
That is absolutely horrible. My heart aches for them. I can't believe that GSD gets to go back home. Is there any repercussion for that???
RIP, Lily.

oceangirls
08-31-2009, 10:12 AM
OMG, I am so sorry - that is heartbreaking :(. Our sympathies to your friends.

:candle: for this little one.

lotsadox
08-31-2009, 10:29 AM
Oh, Robyne, that's horrible. I'm so sorry.

There are a lot of people here that think that the golf course is a place to let their dogs run loose in the evening. Cash got jumped by a GSD on night and now I hear there's another dog that "gets loose" and has attacked a couple of dogs. I noticed my neighbors that have a couple b/t smooths have started taking a golf club with them when they walk their dogs so I presume that they've had problems also. I hate people that let their dogs roam.

vferraro99
08-31-2009, 10:36 AM
This is horrible! I also cannot believe they'll get the GSD back to their owners, who are the irresponsible parties to begin with. They should be in jail by knowingly let an aggressive dog run lose!!

R.I.P. Lily. This is :sosad:

Alex's Mom
08-31-2009, 10:54 AM
This is horrible! I also cannot believe they'll get the GSD back to their owners, who are the irresponsible parties to begin with. They should be in jail by knowingly let an aggressive dog run lose!!

R.I.P. Lily. This is :sosad:
There's a similar case going on here, although fortunately no dogs have died...yet. There's a woman with a pittie cross named Brindi, who's been under a muzzle order for two years (dog, not woman :)) because the dog is allowed to roam free and has attacked a number of other dogs. She was also supposed to have her enclosed in a fenced yard ONLY!!! She didn't comply, Brindi got out and bit again, owner complained to A/C, and the A/C officers showed up at the woman's house with a seize and euthanize order. Woman took case to court, court ruled in her favour only because the A/C officers didn't follow correct procedure re: warnings, and Brindi has been in the pound for a year basically on death row with a stay of execution. All because the idiot owner refused to comply (although SHE says Brindi just "got away" from her). If a child had been bitten, the dog would be dead, no questions asked. But because it was other dogs, this happened. It all makes me :mad3: because yet again, the dogs (including Brindi) are suffering because of an idiot owner!!! This is why I do NOT walk my dogs anywhere that other dogs can be off leash...even at the beach, if there're any other off-leash dogs around (and there usually isn't, because hardly anyone goes there), we just stay in the car. :sosad:

Barb
08-31-2009, 11:12 AM
Oh no Robyne - that is awful. :candle: Godspeed sweet Lily. Please let her family know we are thinking of her.

Patt
08-31-2009, 12:08 PM
:sosad: I am so sorry. A :candle3: is lit for Lily. RIP little girl.

Otto'sMom
08-31-2009, 01:20 PM
That just sucks so bad.

Rileybugg
09-01-2009, 12:57 AM
My condolences and many :hug99: :hug99: to her family. That is just so wrong.

They can make a claim against the homeowners insurance, which in turn would pressure them to get rid of the dog.

:candle2: RIP little one...

bittyup
09-01-2009, 06:53 AM
How horrible!! My heart aches for them. lots of :hug99: :hug99: and healing heart rays:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Lilys family.

:candle3: :candle2: :candle3: God speed sweet Lily.

(Maybe a few responsibility rayz for the idiot that had their dog running loose:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: )

doxrox
09-01-2009, 11:37 AM
How horrifying :hug99: :hug99: :hug99: to your friends. This is one of my fears, especially when I'm walking more than one of my kids at a time. The same thing happened to a woman I know, her Papillion was attacked by an Akita in her own yard. :sosad:

Jen
09-05-2009, 08:28 AM
That sucks, and is our worst fear. I'm so so so sorry it became a horrible reality for your friends.

laura
09-05-2009, 11:53 AM
This is such a tragedy! That dog should never have lost its life in such a violent way. That is so wrong. Please convey our heartfelt sorrow to your friend!

Jacqueline
09-05-2009, 12:49 PM
Oh, Robyne, that's horrible. I'm so sorry.

There are a lot of people here that think that the golf course is a place to let their dogs run loose in the evening. Cash got jumped by a GSD on night and now I hear there's another dog that "gets loose" and has attacked a couple of dogs. I noticed my neighbors that have a couple b/t smooths have started taking a golf club with them when they walk their dogs so I presume that they've had problems also. I hate people that let their dogs roam.

I am sure some people think I am absolutely horrible and nuts, but have never been nervy or rude enough :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: to tell me so, but I carry a gun with me, even if I don't have a purse, when I am out with the girls. Let's face it, one attack was enough.

We had problems with dogs running loose in this neighborhood, and especially the one across the street. I have to tell you, since I got the owner arrested, it helped a lot. But when I saw that the guy around the curve had TWO LITTLE PITBULLS, my heart sank. But I have never once seen them loose. In fact, I haven't seen them at all lately, and wonder what happened to them. He overfed them so much they would have never been able to jump the fence.

BUT.....again, people may think I'm nuts....we have a fenced in yard, and my girls do not go outside by themselves or off leash. We had a bobcat hanging out on the roof next door, I have seen foxes crossing the field behind us, and we have at least one pair of red shouldered hawks in residence. THey might not be able to pick up Daisy at 16 pounds, but Taffy and Mindy would be a good lunch, and Molly weighs less than they do.

I think it is time that the law officers, as well as animal control officers start enforcing leash laws. Maybe shake up a few people. Put it on the news. Charge $96 each for that like they do for not having a seat belt on. (my personal favorite rip off). ANd if your dog attacks someone or another animal, YOU GO TO JAIL. See how fast things change.

I am so sorry that this happened to your friends. I know if won't bring their baby back, but I hope they at least make the jerk pay for what their dog did.

Jacqueline
09-05-2009, 12:55 PM
There's a similar case going on here, although fortunately no dogs have died...yet. There's a woman with a pittie cross named Brindi, who's been under a muzzle order for two years (dog, not woman :)) because the dog is allowed to roam free and has attacked a number of other dogs. She was also supposed to have her enclosed in a fenced yard ONLY!!! She didn't comply, Brindi got out and bit again, owner complained to A/C, and the A/C officers showed up at the woman's house with a seize and euthanize order. Woman took case to court, court ruled in her favour only because the A/C officers didn't follow correct procedure re: warnings, and Brindi has been in the pound for a year basically on death row with a stay of execution. All because the idiot owner refused to comply (although SHE says Brindi just "got away" from her). If a child had been bitten, the dog would be dead, no questions asked. But because it was other dogs, this happened. It all makes me :mad3: because yet again, the dogs (including Brindi) are suffering because of an idiot owner!!! This is why I do NOT walk my dogs anywhere that other dogs can be off leash...even at the beach, if there're any other off-leash dogs around (and there usually isn't, because hardly anyone goes there), we just stay in the car. :sosad:

We had an incident this week in Naples where a pitbull was running free and went into someone's garage and attacked a kid. Neighbors tried to get the dog off on him, to no avail. Finally, a man got his gun and shot it, and it ran off into the woods. Their animal control finally caught up with it and it is in quarentine for 14 days, and then you know the rest. You know the owner will never speak up. I hope someone knows who it belongs to and rats him/her out. That poor kid. I know how frightened I was, I can just imagine he will be afraid of animals unless they get him some intense therapy. He had a lot of bites. I hate worthless owners.