PDA

View Full Version : She did it again!

bumpergirl
02-25-2006, 10:14 PM
Why does Peanut pee on my bed? WHY? WHY? WHY?

If I don't keep the bedroom door closed, she will sneak off in there and PEE on MY SIDE of the bed!! I just went in to get ready for bed, and there was a huge pee stain smack in the center of my side of the bed! WTF?? Arrrgghhh!!!! :mad2:

LUVMYGUNNER
02-25-2006, 10:28 PM
Did you ever find out about the job??

Lisa
02-25-2006, 10:52 PM
Ewwwww! Sorry to hear that. No idea why! Have you flipped the mattress? Maybe put a liner too, so if it happens again the pee can't penetrate. Of course, it still sucks because you have to change your sheets and wash your comforter.

Pixel did it once, and he was banned from the bed for about 2 months, and he hasn't done it again since being allowed back on.

Is she otherwise house trained?

lotsadox
02-25-2006, 11:47 PM
That is so disgusting! I had problems with that for a while, but I haven't lately :dunno: I hope you find a reason for her behaviour and it stops.

Linus
02-25-2006, 11:49 PM
If you find the answer...let me know!! Bailey is notorious for doing this. I think its mostly out of spite. OxyClean works well to get the stain out.

bumpergirl
02-26-2006, 07:35 AM
Did you ever find out about the job??

I have an interview Wednesday morning. I'll keep you guys posted.

As for the peeing, I had the impression last night that she was p*ssed because her "boyfriend", Bennie, didn't come over at all yesterday. She is in love :hearts: BIG TIME with my friend/neighbor's Yorkie, and he comes over just about every day, except yesterday. All I can think of is that once she realized he wasn't going to come over, she expressed her dissatisfaction with that all over my bed. I slept in the guest room last night. :mad:

Now I have to go to the laundromat because my washer is too small for the mattress pad. Thankfully that seems to have soaked up most of it.

alfina
02-26-2006, 09:42 AM
Sebastian does it too. No idea why. It is frustrating. Just when you are ready to crash you find out you have to change your sheets.

Jen
02-26-2006, 10:46 AM
So sorry you found such a nasty surprise, yuk! No idea how to prevent it, other than not allowing Peanut on the bed---which is our rule with Tasha.

Laurie' s Dachshunds
02-26-2006, 11:08 AM
Never had that happen:shocked: Hmmm, Reesee (my girl),had a thing about peeing on a blanket on the recliner chair. Must be something with the girls?!?.
I just told her no!no! and popped her outside saying outside, pee pee outside! But if you don' t see her & say it as she starts to do it, that' s not gonna work. Maybe babygate your bedroom doorway or just keep it closed.

Bella's Mom
02-26-2006, 12:01 PM
She must've been showing her displeasure at something. Probably was that her boyfriend didn't come over. You know how are little diva's can be. Sorry it had to be on your bed though! :shocked:

Patt
02-26-2006, 03:31 PM
First: Please rule out any medical problem such as a possible UTI.
Second: Remember dogs do not urinate on beds to be spiteful, their minds just don’t work that way. So do not reprimand after the fact.

My suggestion would be to put a rubber-backed sheet on top of the bed, or under the spread. This will elminate washing all of the bed clothes. They can be obtained at any medical supply house. Peanut's behavior could be related to either insecurity, a dominance issue or simply telling you she wants more attention. More exercise might also provide the answer. Remember a tired pupper is a well behaved one.

Has something changed in the household, other than the ‘boyfriend’? It could be some minor thing that you are overlooking. I would start by keeping a daily journal of everything that is going on when she displays that behavior. A pattern should emerge. You can then stop the behavior by limiting access to your bedroom when the “trigger” is present.

Be sure to use an enzyme-based odor eliminator to get rid of all the “smells”. If you are unable to solve this problem I would suggest contacting either a professional behaviorist or trainer.

Michelle
02-26-2006, 08:30 PM
OK, I was just about to post a thread asking about something very similiar to this,,,

We started to let Heidi and Princess sleep outside of their crate at night because I was feeling so bad about them always being in the crate every night and when we are gone during the day, so I thought since they are 1yr old now and are older that we would start to give them som more freedom at night and let them sleep on the couch in the living room or in Rachel's room.

We noticed that there was urine smell on the couch throw covers, the fleece blankets we have on the couch, a week ago, and I was shocked,, then I noticed it again after I had washed it a few days later.

Then last night i woke up at 12am because I had to potty and I heard Heidi and Princess roaming around the house and I let them outside and then I went on the couch to lay down and noticed a very strong urine smell and felt the one fleece blanket and it was wet with pee and then I picked it up and felt on the couch cushion and it soaked through and the cushion was wet too,,

I was like OMG!!!, What is going on here,, they have NEVER done this before...

Could it be they are possibly nervous and feel scared because they are not closed up in their crate.

Sometimes, they have been fast alseep on the couch when we go to bed and we just leave them there and they are still there when we wake up in the morning,

then other nights we end up going to sleep and they are still awake and we leave them alone in the living room and close our bedroom door. Rachel's door is always open for them to go into her room.

We decided to just put them back in the crate at night for now, but I am still wondering why they are doing this..

then today Heidi and Princess were chewing on their Tendons and after a while Heidi just got up from her chewing and walked a few steps and just peed right on the carpet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I smacked her on the butt as she was still peeing and put her outside and told her bad girl!!,, She knows when she has to go out and will go by the door. She has not done this since she was a puppy!!,

What in the world is going on here??????

alfina
02-26-2006, 08:33 PM
With the couch situation I think they can smell urine and will continue to do it. Once it happened, you really have to use appropriate cleaners to get rid of it. Otherwise they will continue to do it on the couch.

Mama S.
02-26-2006, 08:48 PM
I'm clueless but had a similiar problem with Shadow peeing on my BRAND NEW mattress. SHe was several months old - NEVER pottied in the bed and as soon as I buy a new bed - she pees all over it - several nights in a row GRRRR - Now that my new mattress has been "blessed" she hasn't done it again.
Sandi

HotDogMama
02-27-2006, 11:38 AM
Molly has been doing great lately, and I guess to bring me back down to earth the little monkey peed on my bed last night too!! The matress pad caught most of it and it didn't get on the matress, but she made sure to drag her butt all over the comforter and the sheet!! :mad: :mad: I was in the middle of doing laundry, so I just threw it in as my last load and got the extra stuff out, what a pain!! Maybe this thing is contagious?! Seems like every new problem comes about, a few days later it comes my way too!! :rotfl: :rotfl: