PDA

View Full Version : THe crunch is on!

Mama S.
02-26-2006, 08:09 PM
I finally found a decent price on chciken so bought a huge package for the herd. THey go their first thighs tonight! OMG! Shadow knew exactly what to do with it and was finished in a flash. Poor Sam had some fits with the skin (may need to sink his) Ole Pete is still working his but he has fewer teeth, much smaller also so he's taking some time to finish his! THis rocks!!
Sandi

K2
02-26-2006, 08:11 PM
I have one thing to say to you, Mama~~~~Where are the pics?????

I'm glad they're enjoying their feast!!

Michelle
02-26-2006, 08:20 PM
Woo Hoo!!! Woo Hoo!!:banana: :banana: :boogie: :boogie: :hula1: :hula1:

Yeah Mom!!, Isn't it amazing that they know what to do even their first time!!!

Heidi and Princess had chicken thighs tonight for dinner, and I let them outside and threw the thighs on the cement patio for them to eat outside, and they ended up dragging them into the grass and getting grass and dirt all over them, but I guess some dirt is good for them :scratch:

I buy the chicken thighs when they are reduced for quick sale and then buy up whatever they have.

I have been alternating with the Nature's Variety and the Chicken thighs and they are just loving it!!

And wow,, the difference in the their poops is just amazing! This is so unbelievable... I went out in the yard today and cleaned up and most of the poop out there was almost disentigrating already and very small small poops. It was so easy and fast picking it all up, almost like picking up lava rocks.

Mama S.
02-26-2006, 08:45 PM
:rotfl: THis is soooo funny!:rotfl: I took them outside with the chicken on a plate so they could eat on the back deck. Now no one will come in!! THey keep looking Heavenward like maybe more chicken will fall out of the sky!!:pray:
Sorry no pics - I was too busy watching for fights - not sure how they would react - I have a couple who are becoming quite food obsessed/aggressive. Now that I know they will behave - I'll grab the camera tomorrow!
Sandi

Bella's Mom
02-27-2006, 06:22 PM
I can just picture them digging in!

Courtney
02-27-2006, 06:28 PM
Woo hoo!!!!!!!! Such great news! raw feeding rocks!

Nancy
02-27-2006, 06:40 PM
o.k., here is a question for all the "raw" people out there!

when humans eat raw chicken we tend to get ah, sick shall i say. what about puppers? wouldnt they get sick as well?

Michelle
02-27-2006, 06:43 PM
o.k., here is a question for all the "raw" people out there!

when humans eat raw chicken we tend to get ah, sick shall i say. what about puppers? wouldnt they get sick as well?

No, the dogs are able to handle that bacteria and germs, our stomachs are the weak ones..

They are having so much fun eating!!, I still love to hear the crunch crunch crunch of the bones!!!!!

Jen
02-27-2006, 08:47 PM
Sounds like da herd had a wonderful supper! We'll eagerly await the pics next time!

Love that they're waiting for more chicken to fall from the sky!

Mama S.
02-27-2006, 09:04 PM
Went back to the store today to pick up more. Cashier replied"Looks like you're having one heck of a BBQ". I commented - Nope, this is for our dogs". Oh dear dog of that wasn't a Kodak moment:rotfl: Her mouth dropped, the lady in the next lane over turned around and stared at me as if I had 2 heads! So I got to give a 30 second lecture on how my dogs are CARNIVORES - THEY EAT MEAT - History shows that there wasn't any Miracle Bread around for dogs to eat!! The cashier was actually very interested! I talked with her for a minute while the lady continued to stare at me as if I was crazy!:rotfl: Then when I got home, one of my tenants was standing here waiting for me (I Have no life) and commented oh, you must be cooking a lot tonight - Nope, they eat it RAW. It is hilarious watching people hear that I feed my dog raw food!
HORRORSSSS! THen the chicken gods appeared!!!!!!!!!
Sandi

Goob
02-27-2006, 09:06 PM
Mama when I come to dinner on Sunday can I request the cooked chicken? :rotfl:

Mama S.
02-27-2006, 09:10 PM
Mama when I come to dinner on Sunday can I request the cooked chicken? :rotfl:
Funny thing - right after I fed them - I placed the rest of the first batch in the oven for us!! You should have seen the eyes!! THAT's OOOUURRSS!
So yes, I'll cook yours!:rotfl:
Sandi