PDA

View Full Version : Went to the IKC dog show this weekend!!

Michelle
02-26-2006, 09:18 PM
Rachel and I went to the International Kennel Club Dog show this weekend here in Chicago with our friend Kiersten who has Heidi and Princesses brother Baxter.

We spent the entire day there, watched the long haired doxies in the show ring and my friend Cindy won best in show with one of her chocolate doxies and then won best puppy for one of her black/cream longhaireds.

We walked all around the entire show and collected all kinds of samples and goodies for the our babies. I bought a T-Shirt, Rachel got a doggie backpack.

Heidi finally got a brand new Hug-a-Dog Harness. The owner of the company was there , and I was so sad, she just lost one of her Doxies on Thursday, Maddie died suddenly and April Still flew in From Ohio to make the show, she did not bring everything she had, but just grabbed what she could. Princess has Baxter's old harness that he outgrew, so now my girls each have a harness and I can finally take them on walkies in the neighborhood without them pulling and choking to death!!!

When we came home I had my backpack filled to the brim with all kinds of stuff for the girls, Bully Sticks, treats, food samples, new toys etc...!!

Heidi and Princess went ballistic when we got home, they started to attack the backpack and dig inside of it cause they could smell those goodies in there,, I was too lazy to run downstairs and get my camera and just didn't want to miss any of their crazy antics.

They got some free squeakies stuffed things from the Petsmart booth and those were the favorite toy, the sqeaker is soooo loud!!,

We had a great time at the show, and the lady that started up the Solid Gold company, Sissy, was actually at the show herself in the flesh!!!, I could not belive that she came all the way from California just to make the show, but she was there, and I had the chance to talk with her for a while. That was really cool!!!

JanUet
02-26-2006, 10:14 PM
:wow: Sounds like you all had a Great Time! Even the pupperz had a Great time attacking the backpack when you got home. :rotfl:

Bad Girl for not getting the Camera!!!!!! TIME OUT CHAIR for you!!!! :lol:

Laurie' s Dachshunds
02-26-2006, 10:24 PM
That' s right, time out for you! You Know how much we :hearts: pics. No Fair!

Nancy
02-27-2006, 11:43 AM
holy smokes! sounds like a busy/great day! dog shows are so much fun!

LUVMYGUNNER
02-27-2006, 02:00 PM
We need pictures of the babies in harnesses.

Michelle
02-27-2006, 02:29 PM
We need pictures of the babies in harnesses.

OK, I will put their harnesses on tonight when I get home and post some pics,

I am so excited about being able to take them on walkies now. They love running around in the backyard, but I know they will really enjoy the walkies when they are not pulling and choking!!

Mama S.
02-27-2006, 08:41 PM
I need to check to see if a show is coming close to me. I'd love to go to one!
Sandi