PDA

View Full Version : I really thought we could save this kitty

Rae
10-09-2009, 09:52 AM
A man came in the newspaper office yesterday asking where the local animal shelter is, and since our "strays" go to the next county over, we asked questions. Seems he had found a tiny siamese kitten in the middle of the road (pouring buckets of rain) and stopped to pick it up so it would not get run over.

Becky, our office manager, loves kitties so I told him "go get the cat." The little darling was adorable but her little eyes were so full of infection that they were crusted over, really thick. We named her Lucky and wrapped her in an old T shirt, and worked on getting her warm and dry and even carefully worked the crust off her eyes with a warm wet cloth. She was so excited to be able to see! Her eyes were still oozing green, so Becky took her to the vet for eye drops and a much needed bath.

When the vet started to examine her, he found maggots outside and (gag) inside this poor darling's hiney. She was dying... and being eaten alive from the inside out. Becky did the merciful thing and helped her to the bridge and we are very upset about it. BUT the this poor kitty crossed warm and dry and being scratched behind the ears and talked to sweetly, wrapped in a warm T-shirt and being told what a good girl she was... Hopefully that eased her journey.

Goodspeed, Not-So-Lucky kitty.

dammit. :sosad:

vferraro99
10-09-2009, 09:54 AM
Dammit is right! Tears flowing here. I'm so, so, so sorry :sosad:

lotsadox
10-09-2009, 09:57 AM
Poor Kitty. :sad1:

Bless you and Becky for trying to save her. At least she passed quickly without any more pain knowing she was loved and cared for. You're both :angel: :angel:

TheDoxieHaus
10-09-2009, 10:02 AM
:sosad: Poor baby!

So glad she knew love for a short time.

RustysMom
10-09-2009, 10:14 AM
Wow! I should have waited to read this, after work! crying here! :tissue: That was nice of that guy to stop and get the kitty and it was a miracle he brought her to where you were. She can now run through fields of catnip and sleep on pillows of clouds! I will light a candle tonight :candle3:.

Barb
10-09-2009, 10:27 AM
Oh Rae - how heartbreaking. Bless you and Becky and that man for helping that sweet kitty to the Bridge in a dignified loving manner. It makes me so sad..... :candle: Godspeed sweet one....

Otto'sMom
10-09-2009, 10:30 AM
You did save her.

Kasianni
10-09-2009, 11:01 AM
So sad :sad3: but she did get loved before she went..you both are awesome for helping her!!

LUVMYGUNNER
10-09-2009, 11:16 AM
Tissue Alert, Tissue Alert...When will people learn to spay and neuter.
RIP little one..

laura
10-09-2009, 11:42 AM
Very sad story! glad she was helped to the bridge with love and dignity.

Rae
10-09-2009, 12:31 PM
You did save her.
:sad3:

thanks, Andrea. There are things worse than a quick and pain-free death.

lotsadox
10-09-2009, 12:38 PM
:sad3:

thanks, Andrea. There are things worse than a quick and pain-free death.

Much worse.

LexieLuvr
10-09-2009, 02:31 PM
Poor Kitty. :sad1:

Bless you and Becky for trying to save her. At least she passed quickly without any more pain knowing she was loved and cared for. You're both :angel: :angel:
HUGE :ditto: Thank you SO much for trying to save her - how tragic.:sosad:

michelehbc
10-09-2009, 02:34 PM
:( At least her death was not slow and painful, and she was in loving arms...

Mama S.
10-09-2009, 08:29 PM
People suck. Glad you aren't people. You are Rae - our Rae full of love! You did a good thing! You will see kitty again one day and she will purr for you!:hearts: :hearts:

Patt
10-09-2009, 10:59 PM
:sosad: I am so sorry. Thanks to all that tried help her. I'll light a :candle3: for the newest :angel: at the bridge. RIP little one.

Shared tears,

silverselkie56
10-10-2009, 12:17 AM
Give Becky a big hug and tell her she was wonderful to help the poor baby go with loved and gentleness. It takes a big heart and a caring one to make that decesion for any of the fur creatures.
To be loved, even for a few minutes was the kindest gift that poor kitten could receive.
Kudos to both of you for trying to help .:hug99:

Rileybugg
10-10-2009, 03:13 AM
I'm so sorry. You and that nice man saved her from a horrible, lonely death. She is safe now. :candle2:

Anatresia
10-10-2009, 08:14 AM
:sosad: :candle:

K2
10-11-2009, 09:37 AM
Poor baby!! Thanks for trying to help help her. :candle:

bittyup
10-11-2009, 07:48 PM
You helped her go with love and dignity,clean and warm and in loving hands. Thank you for helping her. :angel: God speed sweet kitty:candle2:

Jen
10-18-2009, 09:53 PM
I agree, she was saved. She was warmed and given affection and is now out of her pain.