PDA

View Full Version : Agility Trial pictures, yes PICTURES

areese
10-13-2009, 02:51 PM
We were at an agility trial Friday and Sunday this past weekend and I actually had my camera. Cuz Pat wanted me to video some of her pups being trained. So I actually remembered to take a pic or two of my dogs. NOt doing agility of course since I need to be doing that WITH them but anyway...
Here they are:
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c396/scoutyreese/PICT2431.jpg
We actually got three more ribbons after this was taken.

You will notice who is NOT happy in the pen. Her one run was the last one of the day and she knew it was getting late and she hadn't run and she was pizzed.
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c396/scoutyreese/PICT2429.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c396/scoutyreese/PICT2430.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c396/scoutyreese/PICT2428.jpg

They did very well. Owen got 3 of 4, Salsa 8 of 10, Laika 2 of 2. My friend Kim ran her on Sunday. Very funny...as she did a blind cross after a tunnel (just running past and switching sides without looking at the dog) I don't do those ever and Laika didn't particularly like it and went on and finished the course on her own, not paying any attention to Kim, just doing a few jumps she chose and then finishing at the table as is correct for that run (fullhouse) It was quite cute and since it's a "make your own course" type of run and she already had the required elements, she qualified.
Little salsa got caught in a seemingly endless loop of off courses on Friday. I was laughing so hard I couldn't run. It was a difficult obstacle discrimination sorta scenario, where the entrance of the tunnel (wrong) was even with the end of the dogwalk (correct) I could see that as soon as she finished the jump before those she was gonna take the tunnel. Called her off, but she was having none of it and did the tunnel. I went over and called her to go up on the dogwalk. She did the tunnel again. Then again. Then I pulled her far away from that end and she did it the OTHER way before finally doing the dog walk. Very cute.
http://www.rayduttonphotography.com/Trials-2009/CPE/10-11-09-Standard-Rnd-1-L-45c/9952702_4Nuk4#679561597_TZ8nE
http://www.rayduttonphotography.com/Trials-2009/CPE/10-09-09-Standard-Rnd-1-L-345c/9941631_oiYgJ#678515114_gCTWa

Barb
10-13-2009, 02:56 PM
Giggle at Salsa - what a munchkin :D In the first set of pictures - she is FLYING over the bars - The.Flying.Bug !!!! :yay: for pictures ! In the second set - love her going through the ring thingie....She is so focused !!! Not sure why, but in my head, I pictured her with her doggles on - LOL !!!!

RustysMom
10-13-2009, 03:00 PM
berry awesome!

jenfer
10-13-2009, 03:07 PM
That's great! I like your set up too.

vferraro99
10-13-2009, 04:04 PM
:love9: it, just plain :love9: the little bug flying over the bars!!:cheer3: :cheer3:

TheDoxieHaus
10-13-2009, 05:22 PM
Giggle at Salsa - what a munchkin :D In the first set of pictures - she is FLYING over the bars - The.Flying.Bug !!!! :yay: for pictures ! In the second set - love her going through the ring thingie....She is so focused !!! Not sure why, but in my head, I pictured her with her doggles on - LOL !!!!

Cause it does look like she is wearing doggles! Her eyes are overlayed with the O and G of the watermark and they look like glasses! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Yolie
10-13-2009, 06:17 PM
Look at all those ribbons!! :cheer3: And Salsa is so tiny compared to the ring.... ok compared to everything, she is so cute!

Alex's Mom
10-14-2009, 07:06 AM
You know, one of these days, Laika is just going to take over the world!! :hearts: Such smart doggies! Even Salsa, who was doing what she wanted, little bit! :hug99::hug99:

BTW, Amy, I ran into an old and dear friend of mine yesterday who I haven't seen in years. He and his wife are big time agility people (although with border collies), and he was on the organizing board of the nationals last year. I told him all about you and now he's dying to see your dogs run!!! So...you need to come up here, missy!!! Have airstream, will travel, right?? :)

Tex
10-14-2009, 08:16 AM
:cheer3: :cheer3: :cheer3: for Agility pics!!!!

Those are awesome!!!

Um, Amy, I don't think they have enough ribbons. They need some more.....:rolleyes: . SO proud of the agility weens and bug!

areese
10-14-2009, 09:21 AM
Yeah...Laika knows how the whole thing works. She's so smart. It's so fun watching her run with other people! She doesn't know Kim that well but she still really enjoys running with someone besides me. Not sure why...I tried so hard to get her most favorite person ever to run her. MY friend Harriet's husband, Frank. Laika adores him (and bullies him into taking her out of the pen and holding her all the time). But he doesn't run agility and despite me not caring at all about qualifying..just going out there and running around, he wouldn't do it. Maybe someday.
Salsa has become quite confident on the course and really sees the lines she should take between obstacles (the most efficient way to run) which is awesome except sometimes the line she sees isn't the right one. But she's sooo determined...I could have front-crossed (gotten ahead of her) and sort of blocked it but that's just a goofy way of handling it and she's so freaking tiny she prob would have gone behind me and done it anyway. Before I could call her and she would stop and change direction. Now she just does what she has in her mind...like, I'll get back with you, mom, just as soon as I do this tunnel cuz I KNOEZ it is next!. Then checks in with me after like, Ok, what? Soooo cute. She does love the tunnels best.
We are thinking of selling the airstream and getting an rv...so who knows...maybe we'll go up and visit you :) Rob's all into the idea. Or was last week. Who knows what he is thinking now.
What sort of agility do your friends do??? Which Nationals?

You know, one of these days, Laika is just going to take over the world!! :hearts: Such smart doggies! Even Salsa, who was doing what she wanted, little bit! :hug99::hug99:

BTW, Amy, I ran into an old and dear friend of mine yesterday who I haven't seen in years. He and his wife are big time agility people (although with border collies), and he was on the organizing board of the nationals last year. I told him all about you and now he's dying to see your dogs run!!! So...you need to come up here, missy!!! Have airstream, will travel, right?? :)

bittyup
10-23-2009, 01:00 AM
Congratulations! Sure would have been fun watching Laika do her own thing! Love the pictures. Bug looks so wittle on the A frame! Totally adorable! Good job Laika,Owen and Salsa!:appl: :appl: :cheer3: :hearts: