PDA

View Full Version : Ruby update

Frzframe
02-28-2006, 03:50 PM
Ruby is doing fine and I can pick her up tomorrow. :)

BUT, it was tricky because she had not been spayed and that large scar was from numerous c-sections. They can tell because her uterus had adhered to her bladder and was hard to get out. The poor baby.

Now for her back. Almost all of her disk are calcified which is why she is in pain. The vet said that to treat her we'll use the meds and crate rest when it acts up. Also we're going to start her on supplements (which her dog food has but we're going to add even more).

So it's not great news but it could have been much worse.

Goob
02-28-2006, 03:55 PM
Big Big Rays for Ruby!!! :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

Thanks for the update. Give her a smooch for me!

Alex's Mom
02-28-2006, 03:58 PM
As you say, it could have been worse, but still!!! Poor little girl! :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for her recovery from the surgery and her back to ease up. Do you have anyone in your area who does chiro? Alex has bone spurs all up and down her spine, and they really affect her hind end. She gets a chiro treatment (and a massage...my dog lives better than I do!!:rotfl: ) every two weeks and it's really been a godsend. I think she might have crossed the bridge by now without them.

:bighug: for you and a little gentle :hug99: and smooches for Ruby. She'll be SO happy to come home tomorrow!!!!!

Helen
02-28-2006, 04:02 PM
Glad to hear the update. At least everything sounds manageable. Lots of :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for your Ruby. Hugs to Mom.

HotDogMama
02-28-2006, 04:17 PM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: lots of rays for the poor baby!! :bighug: to you for getting her the help she needs!

Jen
02-28-2006, 04:18 PM
Oh poor Ruby!! All of her disks are calcified? :faint: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Ruby Roo and :bighug: for you!

Yolanda
02-28-2006, 04:23 PM
Lots more:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Ruby.

You are so right it could have been a lot worse news. Get her on a regime of supplements, including Ester C and check into some acupuncture.

Give her a big hug and kiss from me.

Frzframe
02-28-2006, 04:48 PM
The vet said "most" but I haven't seen the xray yet. I get to see that tomorrow when I pick her up.

JanUet
02-28-2006, 05:17 PM
Poor wittle Ruby Roo :hug99: To have calcified disks and to have had numerous C sections that her uterus was attached to her bladder :mad:

If you hadn't got her spayed....what would have happened to her?

Please give that sweet baby a :bighug: and Smooch from me.

Please update us, when you pick her up!

Your an :angel7:

Patt
02-28-2006, 05:25 PM
More :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: and :pray:ers for Ruby girl. :hearts: :hearts:

Laurie' s Dachshunds
02-28-2006, 06:46 PM
:cheer2: Glad you didn' t get any really bad news!

Nancy
02-28-2006, 07:56 PM
Mega :bigrayz: for a quick recovery!

Bella's Mom
02-28-2006, 09:11 PM
I'm glad Ruby gets to come home but so sad she has been through so much. She's lucky to have you for her hoomom. More :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: for her...

Frzframe
03-01-2006, 01:17 PM
She was such a good girl while at the vets. She didn't try to bite a single person and gave me the sweetest little kiss when I was holding her.

I saw the xray and yep her disks all bad. She has some damage in one spot that needs to be watched because is has been damaged some how. She is on Rimadil (I know that isn't even close to how it's supposed to be spelled).

She is happy to be home and we're happy to have her back too. :cheer2:

Rae
03-01-2006, 01:44 PM
poor sweet Ruby Roo.... Rimadyl is good stuff, Duchie had it after her surgery.

Big :bigrayz: for our girl's continued improvement. Kisses from Auntie Rae

Jen
03-01-2006, 01:46 PM
Poor Ruby. Tasha had Rimadyl for her first back problem and it worked well for her. Glad she's home and resting and was a good girl at the Vet's office!