PDA

View Full Version : Goosie

Yolanda
11-11-2009, 08:02 PM
GOOSIE left me today. He came to me in June 2000 and it was not enough time. I adopted him from DRNA and he started my passion for rescue. My heart is breaking yet I know it was his time.

YO

mom2reds
11-11-2009, 08:09 PM
Oh no! Not Gooseman. :imsorry:

:candle4::candle13::candle9::symp1: for Goosie.

Sending some :hugs1:your way.

Red Haired Girl
11-11-2009, 08:11 PM
:candle4: Goosie was a true ambassador for the Dachshund breed. We will miss him.

Two Red Smooth's
11-11-2009, 08:12 PM
Rest in Peace Goosie....:hug99: to Yolanda. no words to say just some tears being shed in TX.

SusanF
11-11-2009, 08:17 PM
Yolanda,
More heartfelt wishes on the loss of Goosie! I am still trying to let it sink in that the little guy has crossed the Bridge. May the memories of all your time with him, however short, be lasting and always give you comfort. He knew he was loved and got to inspire countless others to foster and adopt.:symp4:

Barb
11-11-2009, 08:24 PM
Yolanda - no words, just heartbreak. Although I know Goosie is now running free and honking all over the place, it just doesn't seem right that he isn't with you. Many tears are flowing for The GooseMan, he was a one of a kind.
:candle3: Godspeed sweet Goosie.

:hug99: Yo....

Otto'sMom
11-11-2009, 08:24 PM
It is fitting that today, Veteran's Day, is the day he went. He truly was a little soldier in the war we rescuers fight against ignorance, puppymills, and back yard breeders.
I know your heart is broken. I know that all the candles lit and kind words don't give you what you really want. It's OK to feel that way. He is being treated like a King at the bridge, and he will watch over you. He is whole and young and happy.
I know, Yolanda. I know. Going home to a house full of dogs and there is one who should not be gone. One who should not have been silenced, ever. But it doesn't work that way. Time will make it easier to bear the loss, and the hurt won't be so sharp and pointed directly in your heart. Until then, all we can offer are our shoulders to lean on, and our hearts to share the burden.

TheDoxieHaus
11-11-2009, 08:43 PM
I'm so sorry Yo. He was a special little dog. Rest in Peace Goosie, you will be missed by a bunch of doxie lovin' people... :symp1:

Tanya
11-11-2009, 08:47 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about GOOSEman's passing. :( Our thoughts are with you during this difficult time. It was an honor to be able to meet GOOSEman and hold him in my arms. Our first dachshund meet-up ever was when we met you and GOOSIE at the Midwest Dachshund Picnic in 2004. Here is a picture from that day:
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee146/tanyab21/GOOSEman.jpg

LexieLuvr
11-11-2009, 08:52 PM
My deepest sympathies, Yolanda. I know he took a piece of your heart with him.

areese
11-11-2009, 08:57 PM
I'm so sorry...I know the tears shed here aren't but a tiny fraction of the ones you will cry. He was one in a million...your heart dog and I am so grateful you found each other.
:hug99::hug99::hug99::hug99::hug99::hug99::hug99:

vferraro99
11-11-2009, 09:12 PM
I really don't know what to say... I'm in shock. Although we all knew how old Gooseman was this was the last thing I expected to happen. Andrea said it best.

My deepest sympathies Yo. I'm so, so sorry. He was one of the most special ones.

Run free at the Bridge, Goose, and watch over your mom. We all :love98::love98: and will miss you very much.

JuneyTrixie
11-11-2009, 09:17 PM
I am so sorry to hear that GOOSEman is gone. He was such an important part of DLC. :candle9::candle9:

AgileOllie
11-11-2009, 09:23 PM
There aren't enough words to express my sadness. I am so sorry for your loss.

Linus
11-11-2009, 09:32 PM
Oh Yolanda, I am so very, very sorry. You are not alone in your grief, for we are all grieving with you. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Lisa
11-11-2009, 09:34 PM
Yolanda I am so sorry for your loss. I got to meet Goosie 3 times. He really was one in a zillion. :bigrayz::bigrayz: for your broken heart Yolanda. :hug99::hug99:

RIP Sweet GOOSEMan.

:candle9::candle9::candle9:

alfina
11-11-2009, 09:42 PM
I am very sorry Yolanda for your loss.

oceangirls
11-11-2009, 09:44 PM
So very sorry. It was an honor to meet Goose. I loved watching the two of you together - your love for, and understanding of, each other was obvious, and very special :hearts:.

Patt
11-11-2009, 10:28 PM
I am so sorry to hear of GOOSEMan's passing. It is never easy to lose one you love so dearly. :hug99:

My thoughts and :pray:ers are with you at this difficult time.

A :candle3: is lit for his journey to the bridge. RIP little man.

Shared tears,

Opaleyz
11-11-2009, 10:38 PM
I am so sorry, Yolanda. Gooseman was a very special soul, a true ambassadog and heartdog. My heart is aching for you at this difficult loss.

Rest in peace, sweet Goosie. :candle15:

LUVMYGUNNER
11-11-2009, 11:37 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that. I first heard about Goosie on dodgerslist..he had a great life with you and was loved by everyone...
RIP Goosie:candle9:

Jacqueline
11-12-2009, 12:09 AM
I'm so sorry, Yolanda. I know just how special he was to you. It takes a piece of our hearts when these little ones leave us like this. RIP little one.

lotsadox
11-12-2009, 12:11 AM
It is fitting that today, Veteran's Day, is the day he went. He truly was a little soldier in the war we rescuers fight against ignorance, puppymills, and back yard breeders.
I know your heart is broken. I know that all the candles lit and kind words don't give you what you really want. It's OK to feel that way. He is being treated like a King at the bridge, and he will watch over you. He is whole and young and happy.
I know, Yolanda. I know. Going home to a house full of dogs and there is one who should not be gone. One who should not have been silenced, ever. But it doesn't work that way. Time will make it easier to bear the loss, and the hurt won't be so sharp and pointed directly in your heart. Until then, all we can offer are our shoulders to lean on, and our hearts to share the burden.

As usual, Andrea had the perfect words. :sad1:

Run free, little man :candle4:

jenfer
11-12-2009, 12:16 AM
RIP, Goosie.

:symp1::candle9:

AnnMarieK
11-12-2009, 01:09 AM
Yo, I am so sorry....please take comfort in the fact that you gave him so many years of love and care, really heaven on earth. He stayed a long time to be with you, but now he is young again running at the bridge waiting for the day you will be united.
Run free and happy Gooseman !!!!!! :hug99::hug99::hug99:

laura
11-12-2009, 01:36 AM
I am so sorry Yolanda, I know you feel that there is a hole in your heart, but the truth is, ALL OF OUR HEARTS ARE SO MUCH BIGGER BECAUSE OF GOOSIE. Thank you for sharing him with all of us.

Frzframe
11-12-2009, 01:38 AM
I am so sorry. :hug99::hug99::hug99::hug99: He was one of a kind and was given the best possible world when he came to live with you.

:candle13: RIP little GooseMan

ScarletBegonias
11-12-2009, 03:18 AM
I've only been a member for a very short while here but I've known about the Gooseman for years, as One L used to always show me pics and tell me about him, he seemed like a really special boy and my heart goes out to you.:candle13:

Patt
11-12-2009, 04:20 AM
Please light a :candle3: for the GOOSEMan.

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=DLC

Yolanda
11-12-2009, 07:04 AM
Thank you each and everyone for your kind words. I miss him so much and even slept with his blankie.

Alex's Mom
11-12-2009, 07:52 AM
:hug99::hug99: Yo. Even when we know it's coming, it's still so hard. He was such a special little guy, and the work he did for rescue is immeasurable. We're all grieving with you. Godspeed, little man, run free and whole at the bridge. You'll be together again. :candle2:

And in the night when our dreams are still
Or when the wind flows free
I'll keep your heart with mine
Till you come to me.
Penelope's Song/Loreena McKennit

Tex
11-12-2009, 08:21 AM
I too feel blessed to have met Goosie. I can't begin to imagine the heartbreak you are feeling Yo, but know that we are right there with you every step of the way! :candle2: sweet Gooseman!

phoria2
11-12-2009, 08:58 AM
I am so sorry for your loss.:sosad:
He was a truly special little guy:hearts:
:symp1:

K2
11-12-2009, 09:18 AM
I am so, very sorry Yolanda. :hug99: I was lucky enough to meet the Gooseman and will never forget him..... You gave him the best. Rest in peace, little man. :angel:

Mama S.
11-12-2009, 01:18 PM
A man and a Goosman
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3557/3560274041_4c6d24b2c4.jpg

He touched everyone - young - old - male - female. Many will cry today.

Da Brat
11-12-2009, 01:30 PM
I am also one of the honored that got to meet Da Goose. I always had the hardest time putting him down. As Yo would say, "Goose is missing.. Where's Amanda?" He will be missed! :sosad:

bsquared
11-12-2009, 02:07 PM
I am so, so sorry...:hug99::hug99::hug99::hug99::hug99: Sending you lots of love. :candle2::symp1:

Rafi
11-12-2009, 07:40 PM
I was one of the lucky ones to meet Goosie in person, and I'm sorry to he had to leave us. You were a good mommy to him right to the end, and we thank you for that. :hug99:

Anatresia
11-12-2009, 09:05 PM
Oh, Yolanda, I'm so sorry! I've been dreading the day I'd come on here to read that he'd passed. I was hoping he'd live forever and I'm so, so sad. My heart goes out to you- I know he was your little man.

:candle: Goose, you were one of the most famous little man-dogs around and you will be missed.

Chris
11-12-2009, 10:07 PM
Yolanda, I am sad :( We have all lost the true Elder Statesman of the DLC. I always just sort of took it for granted the Gooseman would be one of those dogs that would live til he was 30.

oceangirls
11-12-2009, 10:17 PM
Please light a :candle3: for the GOOSEMan.

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=DLC

Patt, what a nice site. I was happy to add my candle to the others for Goose, in the name of everything he meant to Yolanda and everything that our dogs mean to us all :)

Azaren
11-12-2009, 11:03 PM
I am so very sorry to hear of the passing of the great Goosie. He truly was a special little guy.

:candle3:

michelehbc
11-13-2009, 12:42 AM
I have been dreading this post. When I saw his name, my heart dropped. He was your heart dog, and he loved you as much as you loved him. Thank you for saving him, and giving him a wonderful twilight of his life. You will meet again. Until then... :candle:

Rileybugg
11-13-2009, 03:35 AM
Oh dear. I have enjoyed hearing about him so much I felt as if I knew him personally. I'm so sorry. Thank you for letting us share his life with you.
:symp1::candle3::heart1::heart1::heart1::hug99::hu g99:

Jen
11-13-2009, 09:18 PM
I am so sorry for your loss Yolanda. He was truly special, and will be missed by so many - his story touched so many people over the years. :hug99::hug99:

doxrox
11-14-2009, 01:28 PM
I just read about Goosie's passing on Facebook and have been crying buckets. I am so very sorry Yolanda, my deepest most heartfelt condolences. Even though I never met Goosie I fell in love with his little face the second I joined DLC. We all love many dogs in our lives but there are always the specials ones that we love with not only our hearts but our souls. Godspeed Gooseman, you will be greatly missed.
:candle4:

ebmw1975
11-15-2009, 10:18 PM
I am so so sorry Yo, and I am sorry that I am so late on this had no internet till now.
King GOOSEman will be dearly missed and the only thing that helps a tiny bit is knowing he is whole and happy at eh Bridge waiting on us to join him to play. I know he blessed more people then you could count and I am one of them, I will miss his gossie honk, my thoughts and prayers are with you:hug99::hug99::angel::sosad:

bittyup
11-26-2009, 09:45 AM

I am so sorry to hear this and am sorry this is late. I have been MIA.Goosie was a true dachshund hero and I always hoped I would be able to hug him someday and give him a big smooch. I blow a kiss toward the stars.Thank you for saving him and loving him and sharing him with all of us who now hold him in our hearts too. Run free sweet man.:symp1: