PDA

View Full Version : TDAA trial

jenfer
11-15-2009, 10:15 PM
We spent this weekend at the trial. It's rare for me to do both days... so go me! lol. 4 runs total. All standards. Since there aren't that many dogs, we actually get to put the crate and my chair inside the barn where the trial is taking place. Little miss got 3Q out of 4. 1 of the Q does not have a placement, strange. But whatever. So we could go to Intermediate next time. :) I love it mostly, as all the equipments are tiny and adorable. However, Gigi did much better on regular-scale setting. I don't know why. But she got a 3rd and a 4th on 2 of the Q. I am not complaining about the Q, just kind of shock, that's all. lol. It is a good weekend for us. :)

Annnnnnnnnnnnd the 2010 Petit Prix will be held in WA, the same barn we went this weekend and we are qualified to enter. So, I think we are doing it. :D Why not?!

There was a photographer there, so hopefully there will be some good pictures. Gigi wore her "Rockstar" shirt on day 1. haha.

Barb
11-15-2009, 10:20 PM
:yay: for both of you !!! Look forward to seeing the pictures !

lotsadox
11-15-2009, 10:26 PM
:congrats2: on the great weekend.

Definitely go for the Petit Prix! Go, Gigi! Go, Jen! :cheer3::cheer3:

Alex's Mom
11-16-2009, 10:38 AM
Go Gi!!!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

areese
11-16-2009, 10:48 AM
:congrats11:
I think the dogs don't run as well (fast) on the teacup courses cuz everything is so close together and dogs like ours that are used to running the bigger courses just don't get up much speed. I know mine were slower at teacup...they like to run with me and there's just not a lot of that going on in teacup. But it's easy to make time anyway. You didn't do any games??? I do like the games (except Blackjack!!! I can't add points and run at the same time)
You can Q without placing. It just means there are more dogs in your level jumping the same height that were faster or had less faults or whatever. So you still qualify but dont' get a placement.
I know that in the "big dog" trials we always place cuz there just aren't a lot of little dogs :) Lately I get all firsts. Which looks impressive but I don't have a lot of competition. But it's the Q that matters....except of course in Masters USDAA or Excellent AKC when you actually HAVE to beat other teams to finish the level...

jenfer
11-16-2009, 12:57 PM
I agree with you. Not much going on w/TDAA, but still fun and Gigi ran at 4 inches! So that's extra nothing. ;) We had a good time and Gigi was the only doxie on Sat and there was only another doxie on Sunday. So under-represented.