PDA

View Full Version : Bailey doesn't like it when Momma and Dadda kiss.

Jill
03-01-2006, 11:05 AM
It's quite strange. We'll get into bed and then do the old roll over and give the good night kiss. Bailey freaks out. He growls and jumps up into our face. Why is he doing this and how can we stop him?:scratch:

Jen
03-01-2006, 11:08 AM
Huh, he seems to be protecting one of you? :scratch:

If Tasha is down on the floor and DH and I are on the couch and start to snuggle up togther, she has to rush over and butt in. But never any growling.

I'm sure someone else must have had experience (Janet) with affection agression....

Jill
03-01-2006, 11:27 AM
Huh, he seems to be protecting one of you? :scratch:

That's what I said. That he's trying to protect me. Reese kinda does something similar too. But no growling. he just wants to kiss too. :rotfl:

Courtney
03-01-2006, 12:31 PM
Hmm, Napoleon does that too, but no growling. He goes nuts when we get close. Sometimes we start kissing just to taunt him. I'm not sure how you can fix the issue other than kicking Bailey off the bed!

blueyezz74
03-01-2006, 12:33 PM
Harley gets jealous. We end up doing a group kiss. LOL

JanUet
03-01-2006, 12:52 PM
Yup! Can Totally relate!

If Doug and I are on the couch and get close by snuggling or smooching....Casey is right there to get in on the lovin'.....If one of us is sleeping it's a different story. Casey will stand his ground as if to protect us and growl!

Sophie is coming around and will let Doug kiss me goodnight without snarling and growling.
Both Dogs protect me when I am sleeping....Brett and Doug get the barking and growling until they identify themsleves.

Bella's Mom
03-01-2006, 08:28 PM
Us too! DH & I kiss and Bella wants in on the action too. She doesn't like to share and she thinks we belong to her and no one else including each other! :rotfl:

karsris
03-03-2006, 03:00 PM
and hence... why I'm probably still single.

Every guy I've ever dated loves Digger but Digger isn't too happy to see them come in the front door. Funny thing is that Digger loves my ex-husband. But he grew up with Jerry around (got Digger post divorce) so I guess that explains it. Any other man, forget it!

lotsadox
03-03-2006, 03:21 PM
I've had one that would try to get in on the kissing. If we were standing up she would wiggle in between our legs and cry. If we were sitting or laying down she would try to snuggle in between us. She just wanted to be in on the kissing though, no growling. I don't know what the answer is other than to crate him when he starts growling and hope he gets the message that that will not be tolerated. :dunno:

Every guy I've ever dated loves Digger but Digger isn't too happy to see them come in the front door.

I had one like that. She never did make up to the DH and we were married for 4 or 5 years of her life.

Alex's Mom
03-03-2006, 03:53 PM
Maxe was known to bite my ex's feet during the night. We all slept in the same bed, and as far as she was concerned, he was one body too many:rotfl: :rotfl: Of course in the end it turned out she was a much better judge of character than her mom! Alex is such a curmudgeon I can't even imagine dating anyone with her around, which is fine by her!

isobelsmom
03-04-2006, 06:10 PM
Jill, Is this serious enough for you and hubby to want to change the behavior of Bailey? Personally, I would boot his butt off the bed. ANY sign of human aggression it not to be tolerated as is excelerates very rapidly into biting behaviors and then branches out to others who even look at their mommy. Nip this in the bud.