PDA

View Full Version : What rescue takes in seniors?

Frzframe
03-01-2006, 02:38 PM
I got an email from a shelter in Wichita that has a pair of seniors that need to be adopted together. I can't take them or I would and I've also sent it out to others in the CCDR group but so far no one has answered it.

The shelter is willing to transport them.

Here is the last part of the email.

Permission to cross post!

I have these two boys tagged for rescue so they don't die!! Can you help?? If so let me know, my mixed breed rescue has them tagged for me because the director knows I will find someone to help!!!
---Amy
~~~~~~~~~~

If anyone is interested in rescuing these two, we can set up transport---ANYWHERE!!
Sally Matay Rescue Coordinator 815-955-9138

Wichita, KS.

The elderly owner of 2 senior dachshunds (males) has become ill and can no longer care for her dogs. Another family member is trying to find a home for them or they will be euthanized. They are thought to be 7-10 years old. One is black and tan and one red.

They MUST be placed together as they are lost without each other.

If someone is willing to take them, they will receive dentals before coming. They have already been vaccinated, and are heartworm negative.

I visited the dogs in a clinic where they are temporarily being boarded, and they are sweet, just confused and scared. Please, does anyone have a retirement home for these boys??? They have too much love to give to die.

Alex's Mom
03-01-2006, 02:47 PM
I've forwarded it to the CDR board; we have a foster home in Detroit. Anyway, waiting to see what they say.

Frzframe
03-01-2006, 02:50 PM
Do you want me to forward the whole thing to you. It has their photos. One is a b/t and the other is a red. :)

Alex's Mom
03-01-2006, 02:53 PM
Sure, and I'll pass it on to them.

Jen
03-01-2006, 02:58 PM
Oh I hope the foster home in Detroit can take them. They sound sweet! :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for a good foster home for the poor confused boys.

Frzframe
03-01-2006, 02:58 PM
I got this message from the woman at the shelter who notified my group of
them:

"Yes, they are neutered. I cannot imagine they are aggressive. When I saw
them on Friday they were just scared and confused. I held them and they
showed no signs of aggression under the circumstances of being in a strange
place, kennel situation, and with a stranger. We would appreciate any help
you can give. Also, I called the clinic and they are going to put the boys
in daycare for a bit before their dentals this morning to see how they are
with other dogs. They will go home with the niece this afternoon when she
gets back in town until arrangements are made for rescue."

Let me know if anyone can help & contact Sally Matay--Rescue Coordinator
directly at 815-955-9138!!

Sally will arrange a transport ANYWHERE!!!

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/frzframe88/Buster/red.jpg http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/frzframe88/Buster/blacktan.jpg

Jen
03-01-2006, 03:02 PM
Awww, such sweet faces!! :hearts:

Frzframe
03-01-2006, 03:05 PM
I know aren't they sweet. I wish I could take them but here in KS I'd be stuck with them because no one seems to like to adopt seniors and there's also the fact I'm full to the gills right now. I wish us Kansasan's would get on the bandwagon so to speak and start adopting rescues. :scratch:

lotsadox
03-01-2006, 03:23 PM
Seniors are hard to adopt anywhere. That's how I came to have Sweetums. She came into rescue at 13 and after a year I knew no one would adopt her so I did. Bless you for trying to help these two. If I didn't have 6 I'd take them. You're an :angel7:

Nancy
03-01-2006, 03:36 PM
my heart is breaking over those two! mega :bigrayz: 's for a sucessful adoption!

Patt
03-01-2006, 08:11 PM
Oh I wish I were closer. How about contacting HUA, if they can't take them in I'm sure they will give you some suggestions.
Sending :rayz: :rayz: and :pray:ers that someone will take these two in very soon.

I have posted this on a National Rescue Board and I see Katie has posted it on DIN.
HUA, Auburn, NE hua@hua.org or telephone 402.274.3679 FAX 402.274.3689.

alfina
03-05-2006, 09:52 AM
Anyone took them? My heart is breaking

JanUet
03-05-2006, 10:57 AM
What is happening with them now? :heartbk: :heartbk:

Frzframe
03-06-2006, 12:04 AM
I got this email today.

[Update on Kansas Senior Boys:

I'm happy to report that Sherry with TN dachshund rescue offered to take these two boys. Then we got another offer from Julie at Clear Creek in Colorado. So, they will be going to Julie w/Clear Creek in Colorado as she is closer and the transport will be quicker and easier to set up...it will be easier on the boys as they won't have to travel so far.

I want to thank Sherry w/TN dachshund rescue for offering her help and home to these boys and Julie w/Clear Creek in CO for opening her heart, home, and allowing them to come stay with her until they find their "fur"ever home together!

Thank you to all who sent concerned emails, all who forwarded this email on to others who might have been able to help, etc.

-Amy

:cheer2:

Patt
03-06-2006, 12:53 AM
:thanx: for the update. This is the best news ever, I'm so happy to hear Julie is going to take the boys. :cheer2: :cheer2:

lotsadox
03-06-2006, 01:03 AM
:banana: :cheer2: :banana: :cheer2: :banana: :cheer2:

HotDogMama
03-06-2006, 08:10 AM
:woohoo: What great news!! Glad they get to be together furever!!

LUVMYGUNNER
03-06-2006, 08:42 AM
Thanks for helping them.:appl: