PDA

View Full Version : Molly's Obedience Training Attempt - Part Three

Nancy
03-02-2006, 10:29 AM
Well, last night was another attempt at training.

For a solid hour I worked on sit/stay, while everyone else worked on sit/ stay and walking around their dog, down/stay, heel.

Oh, she did really good a heeling while we walked around cones. she was so focused on the treat I had in my hand,she almost walked into a cone! :rotfl:

At one point, I told Molly to sit, so what does she do? She sits in that little prairie dog style and everyone in class was laughing and saying how cute she is. :scratch: Yes, I did say sit, but not sit pretty!!!

The biggest improvement took place when she only bit ONE dog and not all three. :rotfl:

Anyway, next week is a new week!

JanUet
03-02-2006, 12:07 PM
Sorry to hear that Molly didn't do what was expected of her.
My 2 would only sit on a mat or blankie. Sophie snarled at a fellow dachsie :shocked:

Casey is just mellow Jello. He will do it if he feels like it and a treat must definitely be involved.
Remember Doxie's ARE stubborn!
It is nice to take her and let her socialize at least

Nice to see you are in Good Spirits.....just take it one week at a time. :hearts:

Alex's Mom
03-02-2006, 12:40 PM
:rotfl: :rotfl: A BIG improvement about the biting!!! :appl: :appl: And too funny about the heeling with treats... Alex, whose idea of obedience is mom obeying her every little whim, will automatically go into a heel and a sit if I have a treat in my hand. At no other time, mind you, but somewhere in that dusty little brain of hers, all those far distant years of obedience class paid off...who says dachsies ain't food oriented???

Bella's Mom
03-02-2006, 02:45 PM
The biggest improvement took place when she only bit ONE dog and not all three. :rotfl:

:way2go: Any improvement is a great improvement! :cheer2:

lotsadox
03-02-2006, 04:57 PM
Hey, she is a dachsie! Cash was my obedience school over achiever. He did everything right (He's very food motivated), but he didn't like the standard poodle in class and kept growling at it! When we did the CGC test I made sure to be at the other end of the group from the standard poodle. It was okay though because I didn't like the standard poodle's owner much! :lol: