PDA

View Full Version : Moving?

ScarletBegonias
01-01-2010, 09:32 PM
So I'm moving and I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to make the move easier on Cosco?

vferraro99
01-01-2010, 10:15 PM
I guess I'm confused. Do you mean Costco, and hiring them to move for you??:scratch:

Lisa
01-01-2010, 10:20 PM
A move should be okay. If he has a routine, just stick with it. We travel with ours a lot, and it is basically the same thing. Don't make a big deal out of anything. Be prepared for accidents, especially if pets have peed in the new place before. Cosco will want to mark. Even though you will be busy settling in, make time for him in the day too.

Good luck. When do you move?

Otto'sMom
01-01-2010, 11:12 PM
I guess I'm confused. Do you mean Costco, and hiring them to move for you??:scratch:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Cosco is just lucky you're such a good mom to 1. care about how it may upset him, and 2. to be actually taking him with you. I get SO SICK of seeing the craigslist ads saying "moving, can't take dog with us" So a big :hug99:for you being smart and caring.

One thing you can do is tell him all about it. Out loud. Have him be in the crate and watching as all the stuff comes in the new apartment.

vferraro99
01-02-2010, 11:18 AM
Sorry... my brain is refusing to work. I hope it gets back in line before I have to go back to work on Monday...

bittyup
01-03-2010, 01:52 PM
I would also have a new tag on his collar with the new address just in case he gets away. I used to travel with my pets alot and I one time I had my address,my moms address,and two vets name tags on their collars. I would keep him in his crate as Andrea suggested and just let him hang out and watch or pick the spot you want his crate to be and let him take in the sights from his new spot. Good luck. Calm and routine are a good thing.

Jacqueline
01-03-2010, 05:53 PM
Is he chipped? I would have that done immediately, if he isn't. Then, should he get out and try to run, or just gets lost, there would be a "tag" that couldn't come off, and he would be able to get home again.

When you pack, pack a box of his stuff and open it first when you get in the new house. Take one or two favorite toys along on the trip for him to care for.

michelehbc
01-04-2010, 12:41 AM
Sorry... my brain is refusing to work. I hope it gets back in line before I have to go back to work on Monday...

it's her dogs name :duh:

ScarletBegonias
01-05-2010, 02:27 PM
Yea I get the Cosco/Costco thing alot actually, people are like "Did you find him at a Costco or something?" I'm starting to think I should just make up something to say that it means so people stop giving me really weird looks, like "Yea, Cosco it means 'little hound' in Swahili" or something lol.
I've been gradually moving things and taking him over with me so the first time he goes there isnt when he has to stay there, he whines a little bit and wanders around like "what this place?" but he seems ok. And all the neighbors have dogs so he'll have lots of playmates once we get settled and get to know everyone.
Thanks for the compliments Andrea, that's one of the reasons I picked this place, its one of the only single bedroom places that are pet friendly in town.
Oh and he is chipped, I do need to get a new tag though.

ScarletBegonias
01-07-2010, 02:53 PM
Well, we are moved. Cosco seems ok, he just whines alot, especially at night, I think all the other people moving around in their apartments and other dogs bother him but I'm sure he'll get used to it soon

bittyup
01-08-2010, 06:51 PM
Glad everything went well for you and Cosco. :cheer3: