PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else have a whiner

Mama S.
03-03-2006, 07:07 PM
when they came home from getting snipped? Shadow will NOT shut up and is beginning to drive me nuts. Every time Jamie leaves - she starts whining. Wouldn't even come outside this morning to eat. As soon as he came out - this afternoon she was fine again. Now he's walked next door -w here is Shadow? At the door whining... :faint:
This was the very first time since she was born that she was left overnight without the herd. I never had this problem with any of the others - anyone????
Sandi

oceangirls
03-03-2006, 07:29 PM
uhhhh, I just have a whiner in general... she was like that before the operation. After the operation, actually, she was pretty much stoned and was quieter than usual for a day :)

She probably just doesn't feel well? I'd keep her routine the same and try to ignore the whining and hopefully she will stop it soon. Maybe others have had this experience and can help.:confused: :confused:

Bella's Mom
03-03-2006, 08:52 PM
I really didn't have any problems with Bella when she came home after her spaying. She was pretty quiet the first night and after that the hardest part was keeping her calm. She wanted to play full force and I couldn't let her.

She does however whine when she doesn't think she's getting enough attention. Perhaps Shadow isn't feeling well and is wanting more attention? Everything else seem okay with the incision, etc.?

JanUet
03-03-2006, 09:04 PM
Well, We certainly know where Shadows loyalty lies.....with Poppa Jamie :hearts:

She is probably fine but just wants the attention from Poppa and he isn't there to give it to her.

Did she get any pain meds after her spay? Do her her railroad tracks look ok?

I think Poppa should sleep with her tonight IN the crate. Incase she needs more soothing :rotfl:

Poor Baby...gib her a smooch from me :kiss:

Patt
03-03-2006, 09:32 PM
I would check to make sure her sutures are fine, also is she eating and drinking normally? If all is okay, then it sounds like she may be a little drama queen since the surgery and everyone has been doting on her and she loves the attention and wants more. I know you will think I'm cruel but I believe if you ignore her she will get the picture that whining is not a good thing. Good luck!

Frzframe
03-03-2006, 11:17 PM
Sounds to me she playing this for all it's worth. Smart little cookie. :hearts:

Jen
03-04-2006, 01:16 PM
Tasha whined like crazy yesterday everytime I left the apt. You could hear her two flights down. Or when Rich went out to get supplies. By night she had stopped though...I think having all of our stuff in here helped. She normally only does it when its thunderstorm season and her SA flares up.

I think maybe being away from the pack made Shadow get a little SA? And if she's bonded most to Jaime she's going it when he leaves? Hopefully she'll relax and stop it soon. Its not a fun noise!

quavec
03-06-2006, 10:30 AM
Cricket whined alot yesterday. It was because the entire family was outside except me (cleaning the inside of the house and kicked every one out). I let him out to go adventuring with the kids - headed into the woods to follow a 'mysterious trail' and they took him on his leash. He came back smelling like something really foul ~ dead skunk maybe? So, into the bath he went, his blankets got washed and so did he. He was in 'time out' with mom for a good portion of the rest of the afternoon - not a happy boy.

Frzframe
03-06-2006, 11:52 AM
My new foster is. Dang when Dudley gets tired of him and finally lays down the law you'd think he bit off Corey's ear with a the cries and yelps and whines. Then he'll sit staring at Dudley whining.

Mama S.
03-06-2006, 05:39 PM
May be taking her in to vet tomorrow am. Her whining has gotten so bad that she will not even eat if he is not here. She has not had a bite of food in almost 24 hours - I fed the herd yesterday morning - he & Shadow were in the country at his hunting land so she did not get her a.m. feed. I tried to feed her this morning - she sniffed - then went and sat at the fence whining for him. I called her - she sniffed her chicken - then right back to the fence. We played this game for 30 minutes - she wouldn't eat. I finally had to just put her in her crate and go to work. If she won't eat tonight - she goes back to the vet tomorrow am.
SAndi

areese
03-06-2006, 05:49 PM
May be taking her in to vet tomorrow am. Her whining has gotten so bad that she will not even eat if he is not here. She has not had a bite of food in almost 24 hours - I fed the herd yesterday morning - he & Shadow were in the country at his hunting land so she did not get her a.m. feed. I tried to feed her this morning - she sniffed - then went and sat at the fence whining for him. I called her - she sniffed her chicken - then right back to the fence. We played this game for 30 minutes - she wouldn't eat. I finally had to just put her in her crate and go to work. If she won't eat tonight - she goes back to the vet tomorrow am.
SAndi

That is just strange. Poor baby. I hope everything is ok.
Laika had some problems after her spay. When she pooped, something must have hurt or pulled or SOMETHING and she'd cry and yelp and run through the house (chased by a poop more often than not) Only lasted a day-the vet suggested a laxative but I didn't get one (I was afraid we'd have CONSTANT poop and yelping). Next day she was fine, although we got The Look pretty much constantly. I hope Shadow is ok and feels happier tomorrow :(
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for healing and happiness!

oceangirls
03-06-2006, 09:00 PM
Sending rayz that everything is okay with the Shadow girl. :rayz: :bigrayz: :rayz: :bigrayz: :rayz: :bigrayz: