PDA

View Full Version : Sophia

Otto'sMom
02-01-2010, 06:05 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/Anewborg/Jan%202010/Bagsandpups001.jpg

You were left to wander in the cold streets of Alabama, with nothing but a pink shirt bearing the word "Angel" on it. You were already painfully thin, emaciated, but you tried. You ate well for a little while, then your tired little body gave out, and you left us on your own terms.

Thank you all for your support in the loss of yet another doxie taken too soon.

vferraro99
02-01-2010, 06:18 PM
She knew love for a while because of you, and that's all that matters :symp3::hang: :hug99::hug99::hug99:

RDavidP
02-01-2010, 06:21 PM
I am so sorry to hear this. We were all rooting for her.

Jacqueline
02-01-2010, 06:25 PM
Sometimes I think God sends the hopeless cases to you so they can know love before they go to the bridge. It's really tough for you, but it means so very much for them. You are my hero.

lotsadox
02-01-2010, 06:30 PM
I'm so sorry, Andrea :symp4:

LUVMYGUNNER
02-01-2010, 06:42 PM
Sorry she had to go so soon Andrea...at least she didn't die alone in a shelter or the streets.

Barb
02-01-2010, 06:46 PM
You gave her a family..... and a warm bed, and lots of love.....she felt wanted.....

:candle9: Sweet Sophia....

bsquared
02-01-2010, 06:55 PM
You gave her a family..... and a warm bed, and lots of love.....she felt wanted.....

:candle9: Sweet Sophia....

My thoughts exactly Barb. Andrea, I'm so sorry...she knew such love and comfort with you. RIP, beautiful Sophia. :candle9:

Two Red Smooth's
02-01-2010, 07:09 PM
Rest in Peace...Sophia. Andrea I'm sorry.

Rafi
02-01-2010, 07:52 PM
Sorry for you loss Andrea, Sophia got the best Love and Comfort from you.

Red Haired Girl
02-01-2010, 07:59 PM
:hug99: I'm sorry Andrea.

Otto'sMom
02-01-2010, 08:04 PM
Dr. Moore stopped and talked to me while I was getting the boy's stitches removed and said that Sophia really was much older than Dr. Longo had thought, and that she was more likely 15 years old, rather than 5, after he got a good look at her teeth. Her body just shut down.

HokieMom
02-01-2010, 08:08 PM
I am so very, very sorry.

Yolanda
02-01-2010, 08:13 PM
All the loses of our furkids are hard, some harder than others. Sophia took a part of my heart with her.

AnnMarieK
02-01-2010, 08:27 PM
Dr. Moore stopped and talked to me while I was getting the boy's stitches removed and said that Sophia really was much older than Dr. Longo had thought, and that she was more likely 15 years old, rather than 5, after he got a good look at her teeth. Her body just shut down.

From the first picture you posted, she always seemed to look so much older than 5...That pink "Angel" shirt really bothered me...it made me think someone somewhere loved her. Now I feel sure she was a loved senior who somehow got lost... and had the wonderful luck of ending her journey surrounded by love @ the Anipal Palace. As always thank you for being there for those most in need. :symp1:

Opaleyz
02-01-2010, 08:39 PM
Rest in peace, sweet angel Sophia. :candle:

K2
02-01-2010, 08:50 PM
Rest in peace, sweet one. I'm glad that she knew what it was to be an anipal....
:angel:

Linus
02-01-2010, 09:24 PM
Run free, Sophia. I'm so sorry, Andrea.

Anatresia
02-01-2010, 09:35 PM
It's nice to think that maybe she was loved and lost and you helped her cross in happiness. :candle:

TheDoxieHaus
02-01-2010, 09:43 PM
RIP Sweet Little Sophia :candle:

LUVMYGUNNER
02-01-2010, 10:14 PM
I'm wondering if she didn't belong to an older person who was a shut in, and just didn't know how to looke for her...Having that little T-shirt on says something--someone cared for her.:hearts:

SaxLady
02-01-2010, 10:32 PM
Little Sophie, more like 15 years old. Something happened this afternoon with one of my students. Jacob who is nine years old came for his regular music lesson. After about five minutes he asked if I had been crying. I told him about Sophie and he said "Don't be sad, she's in heaven with her mommy now". I thanked him and somehow got through the lesson.

doxrox
02-01-2010, 10:38 PM
Godspeed sweet angel Sophia. :hug99: to you Andrea. Take comfort knowing you did the very best for her and filled her last days with love.

Jen
02-01-2010, 11:11 PM
I am so very sorry for your loss Andrea. :hug99:

JuneyTrixie
02-01-2010, 11:51 PM
I am very sorry to hear that Sophia is no longer with us. It was very upsetting to me, so that it took me awhile to post this. :hug99::hug99:

Sophia was much loved and she was happy at the end. :angel::angel::angel:

bittyup
02-01-2010, 11:57 PM
Thank You so much for showing her love. Run free sweet angel:symp1:

laura
02-02-2010, 02:40 AM
OH....Big sigh....

Thank you Andrea!

Patt
02-02-2010, 05:51 AM
Oh NO I'm so sorry. I'm glad she was with you and the Anipals even if it was only a short time. :candle3: RIP Sophia

wawailc
02-02-2010, 12:14 PM
Sometimes I think God sends the hopeless cases to you so they can know love before they go to the bridge. It's really tough for you, but it means so very much for them. You are my hero.

:ditto::ditto: RIP little :angel: Sophia.

Rae
02-02-2010, 12:51 PM
From the first picture you posted, she always seemed to look so much older than 5...That pink "Angel" shirt really bothered me...it made me think someone somewhere loved her. Now I feel sure she was a loved senior who somehow got lost... and had the wonderful luck of ending her journey surrounded by love @ the Anipal Palace. As always thank you for being there for those most in need. :symp1:

:ditto: Ann-Marie. Her soul seemed so much older. Like Duchie's.

run free and nom, Sophia.

Rae
02-02-2010, 12:57 PM
Little Sophie, more like 15 years old. Something happened this afternoon with one of my students. Jacob who is nine years old came for his regular music lesson. After about five minutes he asked if I had been crying. I told him about Sophie and he said "Don't be sad, she's in heaven with her mommy now". I thanked him and somehow got through the lesson.

out of the mouths of babes.

LexieLuvr
02-02-2010, 01:46 PM
Andrew, I can't tell you how sorry I am. Her last days were filled with love and comfort, thanks to you. You are my hero. :hearts::hearts::hug99::hug99:

Mama S.
02-02-2010, 10:04 PM
S H I &. Eyes leaking . again. How do you do it Andrea? How do you give and give and give of yourself? I just read these little excerpts and cry my eyes out - still can't even think about Monkeypants without streaming and you just keep opening your heart and your home. doG Bless you every single day Andrea - she was met by many who we loved and lost.

Rileybugg
02-03-2010, 12:01 AM
She certainly left surrounded by love. Thank you, Andrea. I am sorry for the pain in your heart. :symp1::hug:

Alex's Mom
02-03-2010, 07:54 AM

:ditto: Godspeed, little girl :candle2: Angel was so appropriate for her.

ScarletBegonias
02-03-2010, 11:01 PM
:candle3: poor girl, thanks for giving her a good ending Andrea

jenfer
02-04-2010, 01:49 AM
RIP Sophia!

michelehbc
02-04-2010, 02:30 AM
I'm so sorry. You bear so much pain in order to show these lost souls so much love and care. I love you, and I send you many many :hug99::hug99:

Tex
02-04-2010, 08:50 AM
I'm so sorry Andrea.

Run free sweet Sophia :candle2:

AgileOllie
02-04-2010, 10:14 AM
Mothers get to welcome their baby into this world with promises of a wonderful life, and with every breath of their being, try to ensure that nothing bad will ever happen to them. We know, of course, that is not possible, so we try to ease the pain of heart-breaks, skinned knees, and broken arms with our love. We envelope our children with our compassion and try to heal their aches with the aches of our own desire to make them better.

You, as a rescuer, are no different. Instead of welcoming them to the world, you meet them where they are already hurting. Already broken. In so many cases, in too many cases, helping them to go on to a better life is not possible. So you ease that pain while they are with you. You try to cram a life's worth of love into short weeks or months. I am certain that those short weeks or months or days are more appreciated and mean more to that little dog than the years of life before. That dog goes on to the bridge finally knowing what it means to be loved.

Like being a mother, what you, as a rescuer do, is special, and often thankless, and it takes a special person to be able to do it. Not everyone is cut out for this job, but you, despite the aches of your own, trudge through to the next soul in need. That's what makes you a RESCUER.

vferraro99
02-04-2010, 10:41 AM
Mothers get to welcome their baby into this world with promises of a wonderful life, and with every breath of their being, try to ensure that nothing bad will ever happen to them. We know, of course, that is not possible, so we try to ease the pain of heart-breaks, skinned knees, and broken arms with our love. We envelope our children with our compassion and try to heal their aches with the aches of our own desire to make them better.

You, as a rescuer, are no different. Instead of welcoming them to the world, you meet them where they are already hurting. Already broken. In so many cases, in too many cases, helping them to go on to a better life is not possible. So you ease that pain while they are with you. You try to cram a life's worth of love into short weeks or months. I am certain that those short weeks or months or days are more appreciated and mean more to that little dog than the years of life before. That dog goes on to the bridge finally knowing what it means to be loved.

Like being a mother, what you, as a rescuer do, is special, and often thankless, and it takes a special person to be able to do it. Not everyone is cut out for this job, but you, despite the aches of your own, trudge through to the next soul in need. That's what makes you a RESCUER.

:appl::appl::appl::appl: Of course, this made me cry my eyes shut... how can I work now?

Otto'sMom
02-04-2010, 01:15 PM

Wow.

silverselkie56
02-06-2010, 10:43 AM
Andrea - I am sorry to hear this. Sophia was loved by one of the best angels in her last days. Thank you for loving her so she could go on to her last home with the others at the bridge.
Forgive me for not sending this eariler (have been wrapped around my Stomper lately).
As always, my prayers are with you and if I can do anything, please let me know.