PDA

View Full Version : Kisses kisses and more kisses!

Fluffy
03-05-2006, 12:19 PM
Heidi is not a very affectionate dog. Sure, she barks for my attention while I'm on the phone. She gets mad when I don't love on her right away when I walk in the door...But overall, she is not a huge cuddler and isn't one for giving lots of extra kisses. A couple days ago while laying on the bed trying to get some snuggle action, she started a new thing. If I make a kissy face at her, she gives me three licks on the lips, one on the forehead. I thought perhaps it was just a fluke of the day but now, she does it all the time!! She is starting to become more and more affectionate. Last night when I got home, she came up to me on the bed and kept throwing her head into my side to tell me she wanted to snuggle. Buddy came along and laid down beside her creating the ever so rare (in my household) doxie pile. I woke up this morning and we were all in the exact same positions. Seems to me that the older she gets the more loving she gets!! Now...about those kisses....seems to me someone is gonna need a dental soon!! PEE EWE!! I'll muster through until we can get it taken care of because I love her new found affection towards me!! :kiss:

lotsadox
03-05-2006, 12:22 PM
Awwwww! How sweet! Heidi's getting all lovey! I wish Miss Sweetums would. She has never given kisses. The closest that I've gotten is she'll put her nose up to your face and touch you. She's like Heidi was and not overly affectionate other than to lay on your lap. Maybe there's hope that someday I'll get a Sweetums kiss. :banana: :banana:

oceangirls
03-06-2006, 10:29 AM
Awwww, how sweet! That must make you feel good. She probably never had anyone in her life worth kissing before :)

If you need kisses, come to my place :liplick::liplick:.

areese
03-06-2006, 10:49 AM
AWWWWW. Those must be the sweetest kisses.....(although a little stinky!)
Owen never kissed although he is affectionate and likes to be cuddled. But a few weeks ago (we've had him almost 6 months now) he started kissing. ONly on the nose and only one little kiss. My sister and her husband were trying to get kisses from him during vacation but he'd almost do it...then it was too hard and he'd turn away. Laika of course will have her tongue inside your nose and halfway to your brain in one second flat....

isobelsmom
03-06-2006, 02:17 PM
I'm so proud of Miss Heidi!!! Nothing beats having a rescue pupper and those first kisses. You are probably the only hooman she has EVER done that to Becca....hooray for you and Heidi. Oh, and the dachsie pile...are't they the best?! :cheer2: :cheer2: :boogie: :boogie: I just love them.

My Isobel is like Laika...tongue up nose and tickling that frontal lobe of your brain in under a second. YUCK! But, I would not trade those kisses for the world. When L J gave me his first kiss (after having him over a year) I broke down and cried. He looked me in the eye and then kissed me again, wiping tears away. Now he kisses his mama every chance he gets! :hearts:

Pokeys Mom
03-06-2006, 07:12 PM
Heide is such a good girl to kiss her mommie!!! :cheer2:

Fantastic news and progress. She's just a little :love5: bug now!

Bella's Mom
03-07-2006, 02:44 PM
What a cute story! :angel7: We love our babies and will put up with just about anything, even bad doggie breath!:rotfl: