PDA

View Full Version : Muzzles working for early morning potty

Michelle
03-06-2006, 11:50 AM
Well the nylon muzzles I bought for Heidi and Princess are working wonders
for the early morning AM potty break before 7am.. I quickly slip them on and they run out the door, they circle the tree but no longer bark and wake up anyone, then they run around for a few seconds and then do their potty and come right back in, they are outside maybe 3-4 minutes only with the muzzles and they know now as soon as they potty and come back inside the muzzles are taken off.

The first day they hated it, being new, but now they are used to it, and are actually very good, when they go out for their second potty break w/o the muzzles they are very quiet and might let out a few little barkies by the tree but not much..

So, I don't feel so badly now, since they have gotten used to it, and they seem to know now to quickly do their business and they come in and the muzzles come right off..

:banana: :banana: :banana:

JanUet
03-06-2006, 11:53 AM
That is Wonderful! :yay: :appl:

and the pics are? where?

Nancy
03-06-2006, 12:41 PM
That is GREAT news! You can now let out a big sigh of relief! I'm sure your neighbors appreciate it too! :appl:

isobelsmom
03-06-2006, 02:33 PM
That is simply wonderful news, Michelle. What a HUGE sigh of relief from both you and your neighbors. I wish I had you for mine...my neighbor (on one side) have their dogs out all the time and unattended..barkbarkbarkbark! I'm the one shushing MY dogs....gets old. It's nice to know there are people like you out there who care enough to think of others. A big pat on the back for you, my dear!!!! Or in this case....:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: You are a rare soul.

And the kids seemed to have taken to them awfully quickly. Give them "Proud Auntie Mary" smooches from me!

Michelle
03-06-2006, 02:47 PM
It's nice to know there are people like you out there who care enough to think of others. A big pat on the back for you, my dear!!!! Or in this case....:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: You are a rare soul.

And the kids seemed to have taken to them awfully quickly. Give them "Proud Auntie Mary" smooches from me!

Thanks, I am always thinking about the neighbors, I would have such a big guilt trip if I knew that my dogs were waking up people early in the AM. I know how important sleep is for me!!, and I would hate to be waken up like that.

I am even considering putting up a 4ft wooden privacy fence in front of my next door neighbors chain link fence so Heidi and Princess can't see when they are in their yard. They bark at them like crazy when they are coming home, and when their two boys are playing in their yard. They just won't stop barking at them. They are not dog lovers and do not have any pets, they are nice neighbors and Rachel plays with the boys sometimes, but I know they are not crazy about dogs cause once Heidi and Princess slipped under their fence when they were puppies and Bridget had to pass them back over to me over the chain link fence and she acted like she was holding a stick of dynamite that was about to explode. I was a bit offended cause they were just pups and they definately are not mean looking menacing dogs that she would have to be afraid of..

isobelsmom
03-06-2006, 02:55 PM
Goodness...I know that look. It's like you handed them a handful of goose poop on a bun. Sheesh! I have a 6 foot privacy, and to be honest, it helps only in that the dogs cannot "see" what's going on, but they still go nuts cuz they can "hear." I thought it would help..it has in some respects, but over all I did it mainly for the protection of my pit bulls. Good luck!

Lisa
03-06-2006, 03:21 PM
:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Glad to hear it's working for you and the girls are going faster!!

lotsadox
03-06-2006, 04:10 PM
I'm glad to hear the muzzles are working so well for you. I wish I had you for my neighbor, too. The people across the golf course behind us have a lab or lab mix that they leave out in the backyard all the time and he barks constantly. I don't know how they can stand it. It bothers me all the way across the fairway!

quavec
03-06-2006, 05:16 PM
Our current neighbors keep their hunting dogs in a raised kennel - there are about 10 of them. One starts howling and the rest take up the chorus :mad: Right about 2am is when it starts. It doesn't let up complete until I go to work :mad4:

On behalf of your neighbors:thankyou:

Pokeys Mom
03-06-2006, 09:01 PM
Very interesting and simple solution! I'm glad that it's working out for everyone! :banana: :hula1: :banana:

LUVMYGUNNER
03-06-2006, 10:49 PM
I would get my own private fence that would takr care of the problem.

Mama S.
03-07-2006, 11:59 AM
Glad that you found a means to let your babies potty but let your neighbors have peace! you're a great neighbor!
SAndi

Bella's Mom
03-07-2006, 02:55 PM
Good to hear (or rather not hear)! :D Bella has taken to barking when she's out for AM potty break. I might have to think about the muzzle if her barking increases. After all she's just protecting us from the leaves, plastic bags, squirrels.... :rotfl:

Michelle
03-07-2006, 05:17 PM
I am glad the solution is working so well, this morning both of them just stopped all their wiggling when I let them out of the kennel and stood very still while I slipped on the muzzle and then they stood by the door waiting to be let out. They were so good outside!!!!

It is amazing how quickly they adapted to it and how fast they potty and come back inside now.

I think this is the quickest and most humane solution when it becomes a nuisance.

I have known some people to actually de-bark the dog and have a vet cut or shorten the vocal cords. But that bothers me, and i just could not go about doing something like that. Dogs bark plain and simple, and I would not consider de-barking them just because of the early morning barkie problems. I also did not want to spend soo much money on the Sonic collars cause I would of had to buy two of them and just could not afford this.

so for $12 I was able to curb the problems :banana: :banana:

Jen
03-07-2006, 05:49 PM
Sounds like a good solution!! Glad they're even waiting to be muzzled now.