PDA

View Full Version : Caesar

Jacqueline
03-01-2010, 01:39 AM
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii203/thetoynut/Caesaaar2010.jpg

My feathered boy passed sometime either late the 28th or in the first minutes of the 1st. I found him asleep for the last time in his nest. Fly if you want, Caesar. If not, I hope you find someone who will carry you where you want to go beyond the bridge. I know Lucky will be glad to see you, as will Joey.

He was about 26 years old.

ScarletBegonias
03-01-2010, 02:11 AM
:candle3:

Lisa
03-01-2010, 07:09 AM
Oh no. I am so sorry Jacqueline, I know he was a gigantic part of your heart. RIP Caesar.

:candle9::candle9::candle9:

RDavidP
03-01-2010, 07:33 AM
I am so sorry to hear this. RIP Caesar.

bittyup
03-01-2010, 07:54 AM
Jacqueline,I am so so sorry about Ceasar. I know he was a very special bird. Fly free like an eagle sweet handsome boy. :symp1:

Alex's Mom
03-01-2010, 08:25 AM
I'm so so sorry to hear this, Jacqueline. I know how much he meant to you. Many :hug99: for the Caesar-shaped hole in your heart. Fly free to the bridge, sweet boy. :candle2:

Otto'sMom
03-01-2010, 09:01 AM
I am so sorry to hear this. He was a wonderful bird.

Frzframe
03-01-2010, 09:12 AM
I'm so sorry. :candle:

bsquared
03-01-2010, 09:42 AM
I'm so sorry... :candle4:

areese
03-01-2010, 09:57 AM
I'm so sorry for the loss of your very special bird, Caesar.
I know he meant a lot to you.
:hug99::hug99::hug99::hug99:

Opaleyz
03-01-2010, 10:09 AM
You gave him a wonderful life, Jacqueline, and I'm very sorry for your loss.

Rest in peace, Caesar :candle:

lotsadox
03-01-2010, 10:10 AM
I'm so sorry. :candle3:

JuneyTrixie
03-01-2010, 10:15 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Caesar. I enjoyed hearing about him. :candle98::candle98::candle98:

oceangirls
03-01-2010, 10:36 AM
Jacqueline, I am so sorry... I know he was very special to you.

:candle:

Rae
03-01-2010, 10:37 AM
I am so sorry for your loss.. he was a true feathered friend.

Edelweiss
03-01-2010, 11:13 AM
I'm so sad for you. I know the loss of a feathered friend so well. I shared my home with a Senegal Parrot for many years growing up. We never knew how old Cocanino was as he just flew up on our patio one summer evening. We knew he wasn't a wild parrot as we live in Oklahoma and well, we just don't have flocks of wild parrots flying around. Although we tried to find his original home, it never happened, so we kept him and enjoyed his antics for many years after that.
I truely hope your heart will mend soon. I'm so very sorry for the loss of your fine little friend Ceasar. :hug99:

vferraro99
03-01-2010, 11:14 AM
I'm so sorry, Jacquie. I know he meant the world to you. R.I.P. Caesar:angel:

TheDoxieHaus
03-01-2010, 11:46 AM
So sorry to hear this Jacqueline :hug99:

:candle: RIP Caesar.

Barb
03-01-2010, 12:15 PM
:candle4: I am so sorry for your loss..... Godspeed sweet Caesar....

LexieLuvr
03-01-2010, 01:26 PM
My deepest sympathies. Feathered or furred, they always find their way into our hearts. I'm sorry for your loss. :hug99:

Jacqueline
03-01-2010, 01:45 PM
I feel bad because I had promised I would carry him up to the top of the ranger's station so he could see over the trees, and then I had to go up north for treatment. I took him with me, because I couldn't bear it it something would happen to him without me there. I was just thinking this past week that as soon as it warmed up enough to take him outside, I would get him up there if it took me all day to climb it, even with my hip and back hurting. I asked God to please take him up over the trees and mountains for me. I hope whoever made it so he didn't/couldn't fly suffered for it.

Two Red Smooth's
03-01-2010, 01:56 PM
I'm sorry Jacqueline.
Rest in peace Caesar.

Patt
03-01-2010, 02:28 PM
:imsorry: for your loss. A :candle3: is lit for his journey to the bridge. RIP Caesar

RustysMom
03-01-2010, 05:24 PM
:candle9:

RDavidP
03-01-2010, 05:57 PM
I hope it is ok to ask, but did he show any sign that any thing was wrong? As you know, I just recently lost my parakeet Mickey a few weeks ago. No signs or anything of something wrong. Just passed away during the night sometime. The poor guys.

I am sure that my Mickey has probably greeted your Caesar already. He loved to whistle and chitter to the other birds he heard outside.

Jacqueline
03-01-2010, 06:51 PM
I hope it is ok to ask, but did he show any sign that any thing was wrong? As you know, I just recently lost my parakeet Mickey a few weeks ago. No signs or anything of something wrong. Just passed away during the night sometime. The poor guys.

I am sure that my Mickey has probably greeted your Caesar already. He loved to whistle and chitter to the other birds he heard outside.

I could tell that his age was catching up with him, but I didn't see that anything was going wrong that night. Caesar would lay on the floor of his cage and look "dead". I used to chastise him all the time for that, telling him it was not funny. When he passed, he was in his big bowl that was his nest, not looking that way at all. Senegals have a lifespan of 20 - 25 years usually. He was at least 26 years old. I could see it was getting harder for him to climb up and down, and on a couple of occassions, he needed a little lift to get back up on his perch. I just wanted him to live another 25 to 50. Over the past years, I have come to feel badly about having to keep the birds in cages, so I won't be getting any more feathered friends.

Linus
03-01-2010, 09:16 PM
Oh Jacqueline, I am so very sorry. :hug99:

AnnMarieK
03-01-2010, 09:46 PM
I am so sorry.... Fly free Caesar :candle9::candle9::candle9:

Rileybugg
03-02-2010, 02:59 AM
I'm very sorry. I know how special he was to you. Fly at The Bridge, Caesar. A candle will be lit for him.

Tex
03-02-2010, 08:47 AM
Godspeed sweet Caesar :symp1:

Lisa
03-02-2010, 08:58 AM
Over the past years, I have come to feel badly about having to keep the birds in cages, so I won't be getting any more feathered friends.

I used to have birds too, love birds, cockatiels, budgies etc, and I have come to feel the same way. I don't think there will be any more birdies in our home either.

RDavidP
03-02-2010, 01:06 PM
I used to have birds too, love birds, cockatiels, budgies etc, and I have come to feel the same way. I don't think there will be any more birdies in our home either.

I too have come to the same conclusion. We are now going through all pet closet, pet drawers, and every other nook and crany that we store what is pretty much a pet store, and gathering up all the bird stuff. It really hit home when I saw all the toys and play gyms that my first budgie Buddy enjoyed while outside of his cage. Once we got Dumbledore, he couldn't spend as much time outside of his cage. Mickey never got to be out. And how sudden their passing is. Buddy passed after being sick just a couple of days, Minnie passed during a beak trim at the vet (she was singing and tweddeling as she got on my finger and handed her over to the vet tech and avian vet), and Mickey was fine and happy when we went to bed, and passed away when we woke up the next morning. No more birds for us too.

Mama S.
03-02-2010, 04:42 PM
I am so sorry - a loss whether feathered or furry hurts. Wish we could reach out and send a great big hug.

michelehbc
03-02-2010, 06:22 PM
I'm so sorry, J. I know how much you loved Caesar. RIP little guy. :angel:

AgileOllie
03-05-2010, 11:39 AM
I am so sorry for your loss.:hug99:

Anatresia
03-05-2010, 06:00 PM
I am very sorry for your loss. He seemed like a really cool pet.

Jacqueline
03-09-2010, 06:30 PM
Caesar's cage is still in the family room. It is really an ugly thing, make of hardware cloth,...I think the squares are like 3/4 or an inch. The bottom tray is galvanized steel. Really ugly, no kidding. He loved that cage because it was the coolest thing for climbing up, down, over, across, inside and out. So I never had the heart to try to convince him that he really ought to have a nice looking one like any "normal" bird. It was the one we brought him home in from the guy we bought him from.

On top of that cage sits his travel cage, which is really a ferret cage. When we knew we were going to the first family reunion, I sat down on the floor with him and told him that he could go with us if he could travel in a small cage, because his cage just would not fit in the car no matter how much we tried. (we had a truck with a camper when we got him). The next day I brought home this ferret cage and sat it down with the door open, and he raced right in....all ready to go.

I managed to get his toys unhooked, his food dished down, and his nest and water tube down. I just can't seem to get the cage out to the garage. I touch it each time I pass it. I sure miss that cranky little guy.

Rafi
03-09-2010, 06:47 PM
Sorry to hear about Caesar.

I used to have Buggies and same thing without warning they were gone.

Parrots and Parakeets do have a way of getting into your hearts.

Otto'sMom
03-09-2010, 06:58 PM
I used to have Buggies

Dearest Rafi:

I know you meant Budgies, but damn, that made me laugh in an inappropriate way in this thread.
My apologies.

Andrea

Alex's Mom
03-10-2010, 09:30 AM
I managed to get his toys unhooked, his food dished down, and his nest and water tube down. I just can't seem to get the cage out to the garage. I touch it each time I pass it. I sure miss that cranky little guy.

A year and a half later, I still can't bring myself to sit on the spot on the couch where Alex crossed, and it bothers me a lot still to see others sitting there. Grieving has no rules and no time limit. :hug99::hug99::hug99: