PDA

View Full Version : Operation Dox in the Box

Tanya
03-06-2006, 11:07 PM
I started Peaches' litter box training yesterday. It went pretty well. We started out by practicing in an empty box in the kitchen. I used treats to lure her in the box and when she'd start to get in, I said BOX! Then we progressed to where I'd say box and she'd get in the box. Then she got the treat.

Finally then we moved into the bathroom where her real box is. She was more hesitant with her real box, but we made some progress. I've stopped picking her up and placing her box. I'm not going to do that at all anymore.

Now, I use a treat to lead her into the bathroom and tell her box and make her get in on her own, sometimes with a little bit of a nudge if she is being stubborn!

It's not all sunshine though! This morning she got three legs into the box and as I was encouraging her to get all the way in, she peed Lake Peaches on the floor. :mad: I told her BAD and placed her in the box and told her that's where she should potty. Also, she had accidents on the floor while we were at work today, but I wasn't expecting an overnight transformation.

Tonight we did the box training and it ended on a really good note. We were practicing getting in her box, and next thing you know she pooped in the box! :banana: You'd have thought she laid the golden egg the way I celebrated with her. We ended training with that as it couldn't get any better.

I am going to keep up with all this until I am certain she can handle it on her own...meaning no peeing on the floor next to the box when I am not looking!

Patt
03-07-2006, 02:50 AM
We were practicing getting in her box, and next thing you know she pooped in the box! :banana: You'd have thought she laid the golden egg the way I celebrated with her. We ended training with that as it couldn't get any better.

I am going to keep up with all this until I am certain she can handle it on her own...meaning no peeing on the floor next to the box when I am not looking!Well that definitely is a step in the right direction. :appl: :appl: Tanya you have done a wonderful job in training Peaches, and this I feel this is just a little bump in the road. I'm sure with your patience and determination she will be "peeing" in that box and not the floor in the near future. :banana:

Mama S.
03-07-2006, 11:44 AM
Good girl Peaches! You got Mam trained perfectly! Dance to your tune - not hers:rotfl: You are doing marvelously! Great show of patience in trying to help her relearn where to go! Good luck!
Sandi

Bella's Mom
03-07-2006, 02:53 PM
Good job Tanya and Way To Go Peaches!! :appl:

oceangirls
03-07-2006, 02:59 PM
Good job, Mom!!

Love your thread title :lol:

lotsadox
03-07-2006, 06:41 PM
Good job, Tanya! :banana: :banana: Isn't it amazing how exciting a potty can be when it's in the right spot? :rotfl:

Dijon04
03-14-2006, 10:19 AM
good job with the training...and what a good idea...is there special litter for dogs or do you just use cat litter?

i think that would be great if mikey d could learn that when we move to the new apartment....

cant teach him now though because we have six cats and unfortunatley we all know about dogs and kitty poo :potty2:

Lisa
03-14-2006, 01:17 PM
There are a couple of types of doggie litter on the market:

Here is one,

http://www.doglitter.com/GetPage.aspx?D=4197790&T=3260889

The one I used was more ball shaped, but now they are trained for outside only.

K2
03-14-2006, 02:45 PM
That's great news! Good job, Peaches. Just a little warning: Penny was litter trained and when she got bigger, she would "miss" because she thought she was all the way in the box, but wasn't. What size box do you have?

I used compressed wood pellets(the kind that you can use for wood pellet stoves) They turn to sawdust when they get wet.