PDA

View Full Version : So, do you think my husband spoils him?

Kerie
03-07-2006, 04:04 AM
For the past few nights, I've been waking up at night to find Oscar experience the hiccups. It is so sad. Last night it happened again and I got really scared. I started to wonder if seizures can look like hiccups (but I'm now convinced that he is not having seizures).

So, I woke up my husband and told him that I'm scared because Oscar has the hiccups and he can't seem to stop. So my husband says, "Just burp him." I said, "what?" He said, "burp him, like a baby. He had it before and I burped him and he was okay."

OMG!!!! I've seen my husband pick up Oscar and pat his back but I thought he was just playing!!! So I sat there last night and I burped my dog!!! I am not sure if it is coindicence but he had a small burp and then the hiccups were gone!!! I don't know where my husband got the idea to burp the dog!!! Oscar has not thrown up in a while (as he used to) but I can only assume that he is a little bit gassy lately.

What will we be doing for him next!?!!!

Lisa
03-07-2006, 06:57 AM
Awwww, so sweet!! What a great hubby. I know how much I hate having he hiccups, so it's wonderful that he tries to stop them right away.

Also mention it to your vet next time you are in, it is possible that he might have a flatter trachea...do you use a harness or collar on Oscar? It is nothing serious, just if that is what it is, there are ways to open it up to allow the right amount of air back through. But you're right, it's most likely just gas if he stops after being burped (I can envision this image and it's too cute!!).

Nancy
03-07-2006, 07:58 AM
awww, that is sooo sweet! what a good DH you have!

areese
03-07-2006, 08:59 AM
AAAAWWWWWWWWWW That is just sweet. What a good dog daddy Oscar has...

quavec
03-07-2006, 10:27 AM
I cannot imagine my DH doing this :rotfl: and if he did, I'd have to catch it in a pic!

That is very sweet. Is there anti gas meds for dogs? Like simethicone (sp?) in doggie form?

Bella's Mom
03-07-2006, 03:09 PM
:rotfl: :rotfl: That is great! What a simple solution - burp him! I'll have to remember that the next time Bella get's the hiccups!

Mama S.
03-07-2006, 03:21 PM
What a wonderful Daddy:appl: :appl: to think so much of his wittle man!! Daddy deserves extra kisses for being such a sweetie!
Sandi

Helen
03-07-2006, 03:51 PM
That is just too cute. What a sweet story! :awww: Oscar is very lucky.

jennie_c_d
03-07-2006, 04:55 PM
That is just way too cute.