PDA

View Full Version : USDAA weekend (LONG)

areese
03-08-2010, 09:53 AM
This weekend the agility club I belong to put on their winter trial.
I don't generally do USDAA aglity as it is not small dog friendly really but I do go to the ones our club puts on (get a discount on entries :))
It was a pretty good weekend. I was pretty disappointed with Toots (our boarder) as he just didn't run that well. The looking for mommy problem wasn't there but he was wimpy and kinda slow...just not the amazing dog he can be. No Q's for Toots although one run was my fault for sure and another was our pairs partner cuz Toots did well but your score is a combination of both dog's performance (it's a relay).
Salsa of course did wonderfully with another super Q in Snooker! There was a problem with the teeter (too heavy to tip-many many many dogs had problems with it and a lot of people were PISSED) but the judge allowed me to push it down for her once she was up on the end which was cool. She's sooo freaking brave to still do it when she knows it won't come down. She's up more than 4 feet in the air at the end! She ran a Master's Jumpers too but she just can't make time. Too little, and 8 inch jumps are too big for her to do at full speed. But I'm happy with her super Q of course! The judge commented on what a great little dog she is...she always suprises people :)
Mr. Owen Weenie was awesome. he had to wait all day Saturday with no runs as he is not in Master's but Sunday he ran very nicely and FINALLY got his last Standard Q for his Performance Dog I title!!!!!:cheer3::cheer3: I'm soooooo happy about that. Only 9 (3 miniature) dachshunds in the history of USDAA agility have gotten that title! He also did a wonderful snooker run. He's so freaking cute when he runs...so happy with his silly ears flying and tail wagging... He knocked a bar in jumpers which upset him...didn't get to run pairs as there was no dog to pair with him. Did a spectacular fly-off of the teeter in Gamblers which pissed ME off. Stupid non-tipping teeter. It doesn't move so dogs don't even realize it is a teeter...to them it could be the dog walk so they just continue moving on it and run off the end. In the air. Although Owen kinda launched straight up as if he were a puppet being pulled up by the strings. It was quite amazing. Didn't seem to faze him but gave his mom a heart attack almost.
The very best part of the weekend was Laika. I decided to enter her in one run. She has not run USDAA since August of 2008 and of course enver since her surgery. I've been carefully trying 8 inch jumps with her to get ready. It doesn't seem to be a big deal at ALL for her (she's a much bigger dog than Owen and Salsa-she's 8.5" at the shoulder) but I don't want her doing it regularly. I entered her in snooker cuz she needed one more Q for her PI snooker title and it's a shorter course with a choice of obstacles in the opening so I could limit jumps or anything else I didn't want her to do.
And she ran it soooooo beautifully. Fast, SMOOTH (gosh I love running her)responsive, perfect. The teeter was in the closing so we had to do it but she just did it carefully and listened to me to wait until it tipped down....there were also 6 weaves which she was soooo excited to do. I don't let her weave much and that was always her favorite thing to do. Perfect run. And she was sooo happy she couldn't stop kissing me. My friends said you could see the joy on her face when she ran. I almost cried. it was wonderful. Love dat dog sooooo much.

RustysMom
03-08-2010, 10:06 AM
Sounds like the most perfect Awesome weekend! Yay for all! :cheer3: