PDA

View Full Version : What happened...

Laurie' s Dachshunds
03-08-2006, 08:24 AM
with the dog lost at the airport after the dog show? I haven' t seen anything since Feb 15 the last sighting, I remember that it was possibly seen on radar.
Anybody know?

Sophie and Lili's Mom
03-08-2006, 09:54 AM
Here is what I found:

http://www.awc2006.com/index.php?page=vivi&show=Vivi_7Mar06

UPDATE AS OF TUESDAY NIGHT 7 MARCH 2006

There may be no updates about the search for a few days until Jilís lawyer, Joyce Randazzo, authorizes a news release. The search plans with Delta and the pet detective are progressing as planned. I will let you have more news as soon as they are available. Outside contacts with Delta are strongly discouraged at this point.

For information about Saturdayís fundraiser for "Vivi and the Strays" at the Garden City Hotel in New York, please contact Brian Rosenberg at brosenberg@gchotel.com. Paul is flying in from California to represent Viviís family. Below is the poster for the event that is being distributed. Any excess proceeds will be donated to the JFK airport shelter, "Bobbi & the Strays," as mentioned earlier.

Virginia OíConnor informs me that the eBay auction for a photo session, the proceeds of which she has generously offered to donate to the fund, will end on Thursday afternoon, Mar-09-06 12:32:57 PST. The link is http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6040812260.

Lt. Alan B. Borgal of the Animal Rescue League of Boston (who already offered the use of a drop-net if needed) has 30 years experience of of animal rescue and mentioned some extremely potent substances that can be used as bait in the live traps. We are ordering some of this stuff to keep on hand if thereís a chance that using it might help catch Vivi.

We continue to be amazed by how many people know about Vivi and care about her. When I walk my dogs people stop their cars to ask about her. The UPS delivery guy asks about her. The woman at the front desk of Paulís gym asks about her. If nothing else, it proves that people everywhere love dogs. I wish all dogs had as many people who cared about them as Vivi does.

We appreciate your kind notes and messages more than we can say!

Bo

areese
03-08-2006, 05:07 PM
I had been wondering the same thing...thanks for asking, Laurie and thanks for the info, Sophie and Lili's mom!

Nancy
03-08-2006, 06:30 PM
This is so sad. I hope the angel is o.k. Thanks for the update.

Patt
03-09-2006, 12:44 AM
I'm sorry they haven't been able to locate Vivi, I hope they will eventually. :pray:

Bella's Mom
03-10-2006, 02:10 PM
I too hope they find her safe and sound.

Jen
03-10-2006, 02:42 PM
We've not had any super cold weather here and today its in the 70s so hopefully she's ok. I sure hope she is found soon!

quavec
03-10-2006, 02:59 PM
Hopefully (and I know this sounds awful), someone has found her and is keeping her. Not that I condone it, but I'd rather someone find her, bring her home and try to keep her than have her wandering around hurt or scared. Does that make sense?

Mama S.
03-10-2006, 03:20 PM
Hopefully (and I know this sounds awful), someone has found her and is keeping her. Not that I condone it, but I'd rather someone find her, bring her home and try to keep her than have her wandering around hurt or scared. Does that make sense?

ITA with you! I'd rather hope that someone is giving her a loving home than to think of the other..
Sandi