PDA

View Full Version : Food Aggression Update

Digger
04-01-2010, 06:39 PM
Well Digger and I had our first session of me being around him and touch him and his food while he ate, he didn't like it, Anytime he growled i took the food away for about a minute.. and had him sit and stay, then i brought it back, after about 10 times of doing that, he walked away from me and the food, so i decided that would be enough for now until the next feeding session, still haven't found a pet behaviorist around here, and the trainer at Petco wasn't in when i got there this morning (she helped me out a LOT with Digger and problems we were having when we first brought Digger home)

But the hand in dish, yea Digger didn't care for it, but now just after 10 times of taking food away and making his sit and stay he just walks away, so its better then him snarling and growling at us!

We'll see how tomorrow goes...

Lisa
04-01-2010, 07:23 PM
He might not like it, but he is learning. Keep up the GREAT work. :appl: :appl::appl: :appl:

LexieLuvr
04-01-2010, 07:26 PM
Great job! Sounds like progress to me!!! :appl::appl::appl::congrats2:

vferraro99
04-01-2010, 07:56 PM
Great job! Sounds like progress to me!!! :appl::appl::appl::congrats2:

:ditto: Great job!

Digger
04-01-2010, 08:00 PM
I'm also doing this with everything now too, so it doesn't transfer to a toy, or bed, or treats...

He's not liking this, but he's getting better after only a few times...
Also helps that i dominate him by taking him to the floor by the neck.. when he gets really out of control (barking and growling at me for taking his bed away) but I think he's starting to get it..

Digger
04-02-2010, 08:30 AM
Another successful eating with Digger...

I sat there and kept petting him, touching his food, touching his snout, and head, and chest..

At first he just kept walking away every time i started to do this, but i kept bringing him back, making him eat, so he started to eat, and just kept eating while i was petting him, and playing his food, No snarling, no growling, just kept eating, I knew when i would annoying him enough cause he would pause in his eating for a second and then went back to eating again!

YAY!! I'm so happy, that this is working so well!! :cheer3:

and its working well with his other toys and his bed that he likes to dig at, and i have repaired countless times, but he is being submissive, and listening to me so well!

lotsadox
04-02-2010, 09:14 AM
It sounds like Digger is making great progress. Keep up the good work :thumbup:

Barb
04-02-2010, 09:31 AM
Sounds like good progress for the first session !!!

vferraro99
04-02-2010, 10:40 AM
Great job!:cheer3:

bittyup
04-03-2010, 07:00 PM
It takes time,patience and Trust. Sounds like you are doing a great job. :appl::appl:

Jacqueline
04-03-2010, 08:00 PM
Keep up the good work. We can reach into the girl's dishes without a growl or complaint. We worked on putting food into the dishes as well as taking them out. You don't get many compliants adding food, lol. Mindy was food aggressive when we first got her....now, meh.