PDA

View Full Version : Beware the Wasp Hunter!

quavec
03-08-2006, 03:03 PM
We have an issue with our chimney. Wasps come in (trying to get it fixed believe me!) and absolutely freak me and the kids out. Cricket is our wasp hunter! Each time he sees one, he will 'point' to it and bark until we come check it out and kill the thing. Lately, I've started giving him treats for it because he is so good at doing this. Even if they are on the ceiling, he finds them. It isn't like we are infested with them. We get maybe one or two everyother day or so. This morning, we are upstairs getting ready for the day. Cricket is downstairs and begins his barking. It isn't a constant "there is a stranger at the door" bark. It's just a bark - pause - bark - pause type thing. I tell DH "I think Cricket has rounded up another wasp" and head on down. Sure enough, he is tracking it on the floor - never trying to eat it, just following it closely with his nose. He jumps back from time to time to make sure he doesn't get stung.

Just thought I'd share my wonderful wasp hunter's story with you all!

Jen
03-08-2006, 03:13 PM
:appl: :appl: :appl: Well done Cricket!! So smart!!

I hope you get the wasps out of there soon!!

Mama S.
03-08-2006, 04:24 PM
Cricket - Sandi is very highly allergic to bee/wasp stings. WIll you please come live in her house?? Her pwomises BIG treats!!! YOu are sooooo brave and smart!:appl: :appl:
Sandi

Laurie' s Dachshunds
03-08-2006, 11:58 PM
:cheer2: good job :appl: Cricket, you are soooo smart! My crew has not see any yet. But they have tracked the Bumble Bees & Japanese Hornets like that & bite at them to make them stop flying.
They will catch & kill flies.

Patt
03-09-2006, 01:40 AM
Good job Cricket. :appl: Mom can hire you out to hunt for wasps, just like the Beagle that sniffs out termites. :sausage: