PDA

View Full Version : Buda 2010 - The Plan

lotsadox
04-09-2010, 09:35 PM
We don't usually have that much of a plan, but some basics would be nice. :) Since we're going to have a small group this year, we can probably do with one or two Xpens and we'll need a cooler. I don't have a wire Xpen. I have a crappy plastic one that is way too low for Buda. Miller would be out in a minute. So if someone could bring a couple Xpens that would be great.

We'll also need a cooler. In the past, Tex has brought hers. Tex, are you willing to bring yours again? Also, are you still willing to have the group to your house for the Sat night pizza party? :pray: I love the pizza party!

Other than that, we can meet up at the hotel on Friday night when everyone gets in. How about everyone posting here when they'll be arriving so we'll all know.

James and Patrice will probably get there mid-afternoon. Between 3 and 5 most likely. We'll have Cash and Miller with us.

Linus
04-09-2010, 11:44 PM
As of right now, I plan on coming only for the day on Saturday and staying through the pizza party. I might be taking Tex up on her generous offer and staying at her house Sat. night, but I will be going home Sunday morning.

I can probably bring an ex-pen, I'm just not sure how close I'll get to park.

TheDoxieHaus
04-10-2010, 04:03 PM
Our plans right now are just coming in very early Saturday morning and the pizza party and leaving on Sunday morning.

I do have a tall x-pen I can bring

lotsadox
04-10-2010, 05:09 PM
That would be great, y'all. Saturday is probably when we'll need the Xpen the most. I cant' wait for the pizza party! And the shopping!

Tex
04-10-2010, 05:37 PM
Hey Patrice, if y'all want to, stop by and say "HI" on your way into town. We are right off 290 ya know....

I have a metal x-pen (it's actually Zandra's :ashamed:) that I will bring. I will also bring our large-ish cooler.

The pizza party is definitely still on! I have met some new people in my neighborhood who have doxies and foster for ctdr. I invited them to come too since I know we'll be a smaller group this year.

I think I might be able to borrow a pop-up tent-type thing like we had last year from a co-worker of mine, but I'll need to ask her if that's ok. She loaned in to me last year, we just didn't end up using it.

I also have a couple of extra chairs that we'll pack for anyone who needs one. We'll have doggie water bowls and water too.

And brownies of course :). I'm not sure if I'll do jello shots since we're such a small crowd, but you never know...

Did I miss anything?

lotsadox
04-10-2010, 07:06 PM
That's great, Tex! I think we've got everything now.

We'll probably be coming in thru Bastrop like we did last year. There was so much less traffic and it's a really pretty drive from 290 down to Bastrop so we'll be getting off 290 before we get to you. But I'll give you a call when we get to the hotel and let you know if anyone is there to get together on Friday night.

Sophie and Lili's Mom
04-10-2010, 07:24 PM
I have an ez-up Tex. I can get it to you before Buda since you will most likely get there earlier than me. I have an ex pen as well. I seem to have a lot of them..lol...4 counting the one Tex is borrowing (and I am not needing back any time soon). Not sure who I ended up with so many. One of them is difficult for me to move but the other two should be easy. Ummm... 4 xpens, 6 wire crates and 4 or 5 plastic crates...I sure don't remember buying that many...

Tex
04-11-2010, 11:39 AM
That's great, Tex! I think we've got everything now.

We'll probably be coming in thru Bastrop like we did last year. There was so much less traffic and it's a really pretty drive from 290 down to Bastrop so we'll be getting off 290 before we get to you. But I'll give you a call when we get to the hotel and let you know if anyone is there to get together on Friday night.

That's right. I forget the hotel is easier to get to off of 71. I'm actually going to be in Houston this up-coming weekend for my dad's birthday :).

lotsadox
04-11-2010, 06:40 PM
I'll be around Sat if you have time to stop by, but I'll be at a DROH fund raiser on Sun. Otherwise, I'll see you the next weekend. :cheer3::cheer3:

How is your dad doing?

Alex's Mom
04-12-2010, 05:23 AM
James and Patrice will probably get there mid-afternoon. Between 3 and 5 most likely. We'll have Cash and Miller with us.

For a minute there I wondered how the heck James was going to get to Houston to go with you, Patrice. I know he's smart, but not sure he could manage to arrange a flight on-line (hmmmmm.....had better go check my credit card balance :rotfl: )

I SWEAR I am going to get to Buda in the next couple of years!!!!!!

Tex
04-12-2010, 07:47 AM
I SWEAR I am going to get to Buda in the next couple of years!!!!!!

I'm going to hold you to that woman!!!!

TheDoxieHaus
04-12-2010, 10:14 AM
Sorry, I forgot, but we have the pop up tent/canopy thing also. We can bring that too.

Right now, I'm planning on bringing 3 dogs. Lola, Ries and Dooley (who will spend most of his time in the CTDR tent to get exposure)

mistyleemom
04-12-2010, 04:58 PM
We will be there friday going to austin to see my sister and out to buda sat do you think i can try out a x pen with misty thinking about getting one bought misty a new harness today

lotsadox
04-12-2010, 06:13 PM
Sure, Sherry. We'll have the Xpen up for all the DLC'ers to use. :cheer3:

Cocoa
04-23-2010, 08:41 AM
Where are yall going to be, near CDTR's tent, ADTR's tent? I will be there early Saturday --no doxies, just hoomans:rolleyes:

Barb
04-23-2010, 09:12 AM
When is everyone leaving to head that way? Pat Rice - are you taking your laptop? We expect reports !!!!

lotsadox
04-23-2010, 10:36 AM
We're going to be leaving around noon or so and I am taking my laptop. Since Scooter will be at summer camp and not barking all the time and keeping us awake all night, I should actually have time to post from Buda. :cheer3::cheer3:

Barb
04-23-2010, 11:02 AM
you there yet ??? :toetap:

:hysterical:

lotsadox
04-23-2010, 11:05 AM
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: I'm not even in the shower yet! :lol:

Mama S.
04-23-2010, 12:19 PM
sh*t I'm supposed to be flying in today:sosad:

Barb
04-23-2010, 12:59 PM

:( I knows.... I should be loading up my Fab Fivey's in the car right about now.... :sad1:

(note to self - have one year to get more car seats :D)

lotsadox
04-23-2010, 05:34 PM

:pout: