PDA

View Full Version : A funny training story

areese
04-10-2010, 12:19 PM
So I'm always trying to think of new things to teach my dogs to do. They like new tricks and I like training them :)
So I taught Salsa to "touch" the Owen. It was really cute..cuz she kept jumping over him, back and forth (that's another trick they do) and when she wasn't rewarded she stopped dead, looked at me with this super cute alert face, then reached over and tapped him on the back. TOOOO freaking cute.
So I do that for a few days and start the other dogs touching each other too.
Laika is more than happy to give Owen a good smack with her paw (although she only does it from his right side-I rewarded that initially I guess so she's stuck on that...so she jumps over him to get on that side then smacks him one with her fat foot) Salsa touches everyone with her teeny feet, no problem.
But Owen won't touch Laika. He'll jump over her. And sit there waving his silly foot in the air at me, rolling over, sitting up, spinning in a circle, but won't touch her.
I do it a few times a day for a few days... Try a bunch of different things with Owen (including putting his little felt "target" on Laika :rotfl:) but it's just not working.
Finally one morning, he finally does it! He taps her with his paw!!!!!!!!!!
And Laika promptly tries to BITE HIM!!! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
Owen's like I TOLD YOU, MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Linus
04-10-2010, 01:14 PM
HAHAHAHA!! That's hilarious!

Otto'sMom
04-10-2010, 01:30 PM
Total dominance thing! Too funny:duh:

Laika: Don't do it Owen, I am warning you.
Owen: But...Mom said..
Laika: I don't give a flying eff what Mom said, DON'T EFFIN TOUCH ME
Owen: *tap*
Laika: OH IT IS ON!!!!!!!!!!!

Barb
04-10-2010, 01:34 PM
:hysterical: I can hear Owee muttering...." I KNEW she would come after me, I KNEW it....Thanks a whole heap Ma....."

vferraro99
04-10-2010, 02:05 PM
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Nobody can say that he did not try to "tell" you... :rotfl::rotfl:

Alex's Mom
04-10-2010, 06:55 PM
What Andrea said. Poor misunderstood Owen Weenie!!! :rotfl::rotfl:

Lisa
04-10-2010, 06:58 PM
OMGosh, that IS funny.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Poor little Owen weenie!

jenfer
04-21-2010, 05:26 PM
heehee... that's cute. :)

lotsadox
04-21-2010, 05:37 PM
Poor Owen. It's so hard to keep all these women happy :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Yolie
04-21-2010, 07:48 PM
But Owen won't touch Laika. He'll jump over her. And sit there waving his silly foot in the air at me, rolling over, sitting up, spinning in a circle, but won't touch her.

I can sooo picture him going.."I'm not touching you, see I am not touching you"...and then her going "if you touch me I am sooo GOING TO KILL YOU".

OMG thats funny :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

LexieLuvr
04-22-2010, 01:06 PM
Poor Owen!! He warned you. You didn't "hear" him.