PDA

View Full Version : Need rayz for Hershey

Mama S.
03-08-2006, 10:52 PM
Jamie called me earlier - Jadaa was hemmorhaging. I FLY HOME> OK look her over no blood. What's up?THere is blood ALL OVER MY HOUSE> :shocked: :confused: Grab Shadow - give her the once over, no blood. WHere the he** is all the blood coming from? Herhsey jumps up wnats some loving. Ok Herhsey man - give mama some sugars. WAIT - why is there a bloody streak down my shirt and jeans??
Grab him, take a closer look- somehow he has torn one of the toenails almost completely off his back foot. He is dripping blood. Grab the flour - no help - grab the styptic pencil - he keeps bleeding. BREATHE MAMA - now is NOT The time to freak out. Call vet - oh he** they close at noon on wed. Hold him over the sink - try and wash the foot to see what is going on - he is free bleeding all over the dang place. Grab him, towel keys run to car - we're gonna find a vet open.
Oh no we aint - I gues Wed is close at noon day for every freaking vet in town. THe towel is covered in blood but it has stopped bleeding so - go home see what's going on.
Evidently whatever caused him to rip the toenail also ripped the webbing between his toes. WHenever he puts any weight on that foot - blood city. BREATHE MAMA - still not time to freak out -
WAIT _ THIS IS HERSHEY WE ARE TALKING ABOUT. Daddy can be calm - I'm going to panic. More flour, more styptic pencil - it stops - he licks - the bleeding begins again.
Grab the puppy valium that we have left from prior to snipping time - he was a bit freaky and I hope like heck they still work - 1/2 tab 20 minutes later - he has finally settled down - the bleeding has stopped and I cannot get a vet in the freaking town to call me back. I am now angry - upset - freaked out - AND I have a headache.
I am now taking him to bed, we tried wrapping it and taping it in guaze - he didn't like that idea AT ALL. So as long as I hold him , he sleeps and all is well.
Dear dog - I haven't been this upset since Jamie had his ER hernia repair.
I'm going to bed - I'm exhausted - hopefully he'll sleep through the night. I have a sock taped over his foot - for the moment he is leaving that alone and it is not bleeding. I have never seen anything like this before.
Part 2 in the morning.
Sandi

Forgive all the typos - I'm too tired to double check but wanted to post

JanUet
03-08-2006, 10:57 PM
:holyshp:

Sending Hershey and YOU all the :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: you need. Hopefully Hershey will leave the sockie on and sleep peacefully.

Sending you a :bighug: as well! i know I won't sleep tonight just thinking of the Hersh man.

Please keep us posted!!! I will be watching for an update!!!!

Sending :pray:ers too!

Helen
03-08-2006, 11:01 PM
Wow.....I am so sorry you and poor Hershey had to go through that. NO vet was open? How ridiculous is that?? Lots of :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: to you both. I wonder how it happened.

Keep us updated. I hope you both sleep through the night.

Fluffy
03-08-2006, 11:02 PM
OMG Mama!! Not da Hershey man!! (Well not ANY of them!!) Tons and tons of :rayz: :rayz: headed his way!!! You'rea good mama and you're doing everything you can for him. Keep us posted!!!! Here's some :rayz: :rayz: for the worried Mama!!

mydachsies
03-08-2006, 11:02 PM
Sending major :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for the Hershey Man!I hope he sleeps through the night!I know exactly what you mean about freaking out!!

Lisa
03-08-2006, 11:03 PM
Oh no Sandi!!! Please keep us posted. Lots of rayz :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for you and for Hershey.

:bighug:

Yolanda
03-08-2006, 11:23 PM
Ok, Take a deep breath and let it out slowly. Hope you Feel better now.

:bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Hersey and :hug99: :gphug1: :gphug1: for you. Please let us know first thing tomorrow how he is doing.

Patt
03-08-2006, 11:32 PM
Sandi, I am so sorry to hear about Hershey. You've done all you can, the best is keep it wrapped, apply pressure on the wound and keep him as quiet as you can. I wouldn't put any more flour on the toe. See the vet first thing in the a.m. Do not feed him anything in case they have to anesthestize to repair the toe damage.

Lots of :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: and positive thoughts that you both sleep through the night. :pray:

p.s. I would be at the vets door when they open!

Anatresia
03-08-2006, 11:35 PM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: for your favorite little man! I hope that he wakes up feeling better and you can get into the vet!!!

areese
03-08-2006, 11:36 PM
O god how scary!!!!! And no vets??????????? what the H***?????????
I hope tonight will go ok and you both get some sleep.....

Goob
03-08-2006, 11:37 PM
Yikes Mama!! I burned my hand pretty bad but that's nothing compared to this!!! :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

Laurie' s Dachshunds
03-09-2006, 12:23 AM
:shocked: Poor Hershey :confused: I hope you guys get some sleep. :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: all to be OK.

Linus
03-09-2006, 12:57 AM
Oh NO!!! Lots and lots of :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for the Hershey man!!!

Lisa
03-09-2006, 06:39 AM
Patt had some great suggestions (as usual!!!!). How is Hershey this morning?

Alex's Mom
03-09-2006, 07:06 AM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: for you and Hershey!! Uncontrollable bleeding is SCARY! (Been there...) You did really well dealing with it, I'd say...especially since you got NO help from vets! :mad1: Let us know how it goes! :bighug:

Nancy
03-09-2006, 08:08 AM
I'm sorry to hear about Hershey! How did he do last night? Were you able to get any rest!?

Otto'sMom
03-09-2006, 08:28 AM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: For Hershey's owie toe! And some valium :rayz: :rayz: for Mommy.

JanUet
03-09-2006, 08:44 AM
How is the Hershey Man this morning? Waiting for the update!
:please: let him be okay and the vet can fix him.

HotDogMama
03-09-2006, 09:01 AM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: Big rays that his foot is okay, and you recover too, I'll tell you now, if its cut go ahead and find the biggest satellite dish you can for his head~! I'm speaking from experience because you are gonna have to fight him tooth and nail to keep the dang thing out of his mouth!! Good luck!! :crossfin: :bigrayz::bigrayz::hug99:

Rae
03-09-2006, 09:28 AM
well holy.... *goat*..... !!

Is the little man OK? He sure did not seem to be slowed down much, but hey a toe is a toe and we need em all!!

Puh leez let us know what the vet says and you can edit out all the stuff you say to him/her for being closed on Wednesday afternoon. :bleep:

:bigrayz: for da Hersh Man. And for getting da blood stains out of da house. ick.

Mama S.
03-09-2006, 10:45 AM
this afternoon at 2. :sad3: His toenail is broken all the way down and there is a rip inbetween the webbing of the toes that needs to be stitched closed. How in the name of all that is holy that he did this I'll never know.:scratch: Jamie says he never heard him squeal, holler, anything. Superdog....
Vet gave me his home phone number to call if we ever need him. Apologized - they close half day Wed to give everyone some extra time off since they are open on Saturday's. Of course, he lives out in the boonies so it will take time for him to get to town but I don't care, I feel better now.
He weighed in at a healthy 17 pounds 4 ounces. Vet says he looks fabulous -can tell a difference in his coat, size everything since we started feeding Raw!:banana: Teeth look great, just a bloody, mangled toe. I had to go home after I dropped him off, he bled all over me:shocked:
So now I stare at the stupid clock all day, please let this day pass - this is my baby. I felt like such a boob but I :sad1: all the way home and am tearing up again now.
Sandi

Alex's Mom
03-09-2006, 10:53 AM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for the surgery, and a :bighug: for you. He's going to be fine!! But that waiting thing ain't no fun whatsoever! Glad the vet apologized...you'd thing he'd have an emergency number! Let us know what happens! We're waiting with you....

Patt
03-09-2006, 11:05 AM
More :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: and :pray: for the Hershey man!!

Jen
03-09-2006, 11:22 AM
Oh Sandi :bighug: I don't have internet at home till the 15th (long story) so I'm just hearing this now. Mega :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Hershey man. Any valium left in the cupboard for you? I'm glad Hershey is healthy otherwise, the raw diet agrees with him.

I know its gonna be a long day for you but its a minor patch up, your big boy should be just fine, and sweetly dopey when you get him back tonight.

Hang in there!!

quavec
03-09-2006, 11:24 AM
I hate that I am just now seeing this! Of course, that made me not have to worry thru the night! Poor Mama and Hershey! :bigrayz: :bigrayz: Hope the little guys does okay through his stitchin' up! keep us updated!

Lots of :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: and :hearts: !

Lisa
03-09-2006, 11:35 AM
Don't worry Mama, your little Hershey bar will be back to new in a little bit! :bighug: to you and lots of rayz to him. :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

Fluffy
03-09-2006, 11:38 AM
Your little man is a tough cookie and will be good as new in no time!! More :rayz: :rayz: for you both!!

jenfer
03-09-2006, 11:57 AM
I just see it now. :(
I hope the Hershey man will be alright!
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

JanUet
03-09-2006, 11:57 AM
Don't worry Momma :hug99: We know Hershey Man is just as tuff as nails! He didn't screech, howl or yelp in pain when he got his boo boo.
I'm glad to hear that the Vet saw him and will fix him up real good.
Time just seems to crawl when you want it to speed up and pick up the Little man and lay some major lovin' on him.

Please keep us posted.

Courtney
03-09-2006, 12:35 PM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for you and Hershey!! Sounds like he is in good hands. And that is GREAT news about the raw diet benefits, huh!?

Rae
03-09-2006, 12:38 PM
big toenail/webbing fixing :bigrayz: for the Hershberger.

And :beer: for Momma and Papa Jamie.

Yolanda
03-09-2006, 01:09 PM
Lots of :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for the big boy. I know the wait is hard on you but he will be fine.

Keep us posted.

Helen
03-09-2006, 01:15 PM
Lots of :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: that Hershey is home soon. Lots of kisses for that little footsie!

Michelle
03-09-2006, 02:46 PM
OH MOM!!, I just saw this now!!, Major healing rays for Da Hershey!!! :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:
And for you too :bigrayz: :bigrayz:
Glad to hear he is going to be better and is getting the surgery,,
HOw in the world did he do this, I guess we will never know..
Just glad to hear he is getting all fixed up!!!

Mama S.
03-09-2006, 03:12 PM
I have picked up the phone to call the vet probably six hundred times since noon! Can we say :duh: about a certain lil Hershey bar? Thanks Lisa - he's got a new nickname now! THey told me to call back about 4! Watching second creep by as if it were made of lead...
Sandi

oceangirls
03-09-2006, 03:14 PM
Oh no, Sandi!!! I almost freaked out myself reading your post!! How scary. Sending lots of rayz - please update us soon.:rayz: :rayz: :rayz: :bigrayz:

Jen
03-09-2006, 03:24 PM
95 min till you can call again!!! Yup, time goes slowly for something like this....with Tasha's dental they finally told me not to call again, they'd call me. Hang in there Momma!

HotDogMama
03-09-2006, 04:15 PM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: Bigguns for Hershey's foot, glad you got an Emergency#. Poor thing, hurt footies are a drag. Feel better soon, both of you!

Frzframe
03-09-2006, 04:23 PM
Oh man poor fella and poor you! Here's to quick healing :bigrayz: :bigrayz:.

Mama S.
03-09-2006, 04:51 PM
95 min till you can call again!!! Yup, time goes slowly for something like this....with Tasha's dental they finally told me not to call again, they'd call me. Hang in there Momma!
OK so I couldn't wait 95 minutes! I called - they are lined up with surgeries and had an emergency so he got bumped back down the line. They promised to call me the second he is done and told me that I can call 20 more times if it makes me feel better! THey know what he means to me! Jamie, his fav vet tech is with him so I feel better!
Sandi

Jen
03-09-2006, 05:10 PM
I'm glad Hershey has his fave vet tech with him, but sorry to hear you're STILL waiting. At least they don't mind if you keep calling! More :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Hershey!

Jacqueline
03-09-2006, 07:04 PM
Poor Mom....Hershey is probably not as upset about this as you are. Major :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for both of you. I know you won't relax at all until you have him back in your arms for loving on.

They really know how to turn us grey, don't they? I hope it's all better soon, for both of you.

Mama S.
03-09-2006, 07:34 PM
:hissy: :hissy: he has to stay overnight. It was bleeding more than the vet liked. :huh: He told me to call in the morning - here goes no sleep tonight - my bedpartner won't be there:sad2: Boss just better be prepared to deal with my little man being at work with me tomorrow or me taking the day off. I cannot stand this....I'll be going to see him in the morning - to he** with calling. I just hope I don't stress him - he does not do staying at the vets well and I'm already dealing with one psycho dog since she got back from being spayed - now him. I need a vacation.
Sandi

Linus
03-09-2006, 07:41 PM
Oh Momma!!! I am so sorry he has to stay overnight, but that's better than him bleeding all over, right? More :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: coming to you and Hershey!!!

Yolanda
03-09-2006, 08:12 PM
Oh Momma, I'm sorry he has to stay overnight and will say a pray for him not to stress out too mcuh.

I do understand your concerns. Normally, I brink all of my dogs and fosters the same day, however the one time Sassy was in the hospital for fours, I went bonkers with worry.

Frzframe
03-09-2006, 08:15 PM
an overnighter. Poor guy and poor you! Many :bigrayz: :bigrayz:'s for a speedy recovery.

Anatresia
03-09-2006, 08:52 PM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: more rayz for the little man!

LUVMYGUNNER
03-09-2006, 08:59 PM
Here are rays :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for him.

Goob
03-09-2006, 09:00 PM
Oh Mama.... :bighug: