PDA

View Full Version : Frankenmuth, MI. Dog Bowl

RustysMom
05-17-2010, 11:03 AM
Is anyone going to the Frankenmuth Dog Bowl? I know there are only a few on DLC in the MI area. They have many events including weiner races!!! We will be there but probably without the dogs so we can enjoy it a little more and go Zenders for dinner (the dogs cant go there)

http://frankenmuthriverplace.com/news-events/events/dog-bowl-2010/

areese
05-17-2010, 12:35 PM
I ahve an agility trial that weekend but I might go Sunday. We raced last year and Owen was in the trick contest but it was really poorly organized and chaotic so I wont' enter anything this year. Plus I think all the contests are on saturday...I thought about changing my entry (agility) but thinking about how crowded and nuts it was last year I prob. won't...and just go sunday.
They supposedly are having a costume contest though!!! But I can't find a detailed schedule of events....

RustysMom
05-17-2010, 12:50 PM
I emailed to see about getting a schedule. The previous years you could print one and I see you cant this time. Were going to go, without the dogs. We want to do more like eat at Zenders and go to Birch run and cant if we have the boys. Were saving taking them for the Dachshund Fest in august. More than likely, we will probably be there saturday.

areese
05-17-2010, 01:05 PM
I emailed to see about getting a schedule. The previous years you could print one and I see you cant this time. Were going to go, without the dogs. We want to do more like eat at Zenders and go to Birch run and cant if we have the boys. Were saving taking them for the Dachshund Fest in august. More than likely, we will probably be there saturday.

If you get a schedule, let me know, OK??
Too bad I'm not trialing closer to there (I'll be in Romeo) cuz you could stop by and see the dogs run agility!!!

RustysMom
05-17-2010, 01:25 PM
That would be so much fun to see them run agility!!!. Let me know where you are at some trials on the weekends and maybe we can plan to make it out to one!

Lisa
05-17-2010, 01:42 PM
Drooling at Zehnders, we ate there and it was AWESOME! :yumyum: And the brewery at the end of the strip has the best pretzel bread ever, and they had a Hefeweizen banana beer that was delicious (and I don't like beer).

For some reason, I thought Birch Run was pet friendly? But I know Zehnders is NOT.

lotsadox
05-17-2010, 02:05 PM
The website says that Birch Run is Pet Friendly. You can even get a list of Pet Friendly stores. I've taken Cash into several clothing stores when we had car shows at shopping malls. As long as I was shopping, no one said a word. At one store the manager even came over and held him while I was trying on jackets!

RustysMom
05-17-2010, 02:20 PM
Birch Run is pet friendly and most the stores become pet friendly for that weekend. We want to go and enjoy and not worry about keeping the dogs under control.

Lisa, Im craving butter noodles from Zenders!! I like the brewery too now that they reopened.

Lisa
05-17-2010, 02:26 PM
Yeah, the noodles were really yummy. When I went, I kept hearing about Frankenmuth chicken, ooooh Frankenmuth chicken, did you try the chicken? I though, okay, it's chicken people, how good can it be? It was REALLY good.

areese
05-17-2010, 03:17 PM
That would be so much fun to see them run agility!!!. Let me know where you are at some trials on the weekends and maybe we can plan to make it out to one!

Prob. Dexter would be closest to you?? I go there quite a bit...
http://www.caninesportsrec.com/
I believe I will be there for a USDAA trial June 26-27, prob. July 9-10-11 (not all three days but I'll pick two eventually)...our club is having a trial in July too but I don't know when yet.. Otherwise, in the summer, I trial in Romeo which is a cool place to visit...it's an orchard and it's pretty and outside and they have awesome food!
http://www.stonycreekcanineacademy.com/
I'm going to do teacup there too next month. Teacup agility, I mean :rotfl:

RustysMom
05-17-2010, 04:05 PM
Thanks Amy! I'll let you know if we ever get to make it to one!