PDA

View Full Version : My babygirl, Sandy Jo.

RosaC
05-22-2010, 08:59 AM
On March 30th, my Sandy Jo passed away. It's took me this long to get the nerve to post this here. Sandy had completely lost her vision, her teeth, and was a severe diabetic. She was so uncomfortable, and just did not seem happy anymore. So, we opted to have her put to sleep. :( Sandy was 11 years old, and had been with me since she was 6 weeks old. I was her only owner. I miss her so much, I still have a hard time coping on some days, but things are getting better over time. Sandy Jo was cremated, and is now home with me for good. I wish she was still with me and healthy, but on the other hand, I'm happy inside to know she is no longer in pain. RIP my babygirl....

areese
05-22-2010, 09:07 AM
I'm so very sorry for your loss. :hug99:

Barb
05-22-2010, 09:11 AM
Rosa - I am so sorry. You did the right thing for your girl, but it makes it no easier at all..... Godspeed sweet Sandy Jo :candle13:

RosaC
05-22-2010, 09:45 AM
Thanks so much ladies. Both, me and my husband were with her when she passed. Sandy literally passed away in my arms. I talked to her while she was passing, reminding her how good she's been, and that I love her now and forever. I still hurt so bad for her though. Sandy was my very first dog, and I grew up with her. There's times when I still hear her. Especially early in the morning, I have time when I think I hear her snorting and groaning. :(

bsquared
05-22-2010, 10:02 AM
I am so, so sorry. RIP, Sandy Jo. You were so loved. Keep a watchful eye over your mommy and daddy and the rest of the fur family from the Bridge. :hug99::candle15:

Rae
05-22-2010, 10:09 AM
I am so very sorry for your loss. I am sure there will forever be a "Sandy Jo-sized" hole in your heart. She was so lucky to live her entire life surrounded by love and care from her people.

I can't imagine the heartbreak , but it sounds to me like you did her one last great kindness by setting her free from pain. That's what good moms do - the best thing for the kid (whether fur or otherwise) without regard for mom's heartbreak.

:candle9: and welcome to the Rainbow Bridge, Sandy Jo. No more hurting, no more pain. Run free and bark and play with the others, knowing your mommy loved you incredibly much and that you are and will always be a Very. Good. Dog.

vferraro99
05-22-2010, 10:24 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss. This is one decision that's never easy to make, but it just proves how much love there is between us and our furkids.

R.I.P. Sweet Sandy Jo. Run free at the Bridge :angel:

oceangirls
05-22-2010, 10:31 AM
I'm so sorry, Rosa!!! I know she was your special little girl. You gave her the greatest gift. :hug99::hug99::hug99: for you.

LUVMYGUNNER
05-22-2010, 11:59 AM
RIP :angel:

LexieLuvr
05-22-2010, 12:04 PM
I am very sorry for your loss. :hug99:

Otto'sMom
05-22-2010, 01:37 PM
It hurts regardless if they were with you a lifetime or just a fraction of their life, and it's perfectly normal to grieve. It isn't fair for them to make us love them so much and have it hurt so much to lose them, but it wouldn't be fair any other way either.

Thank you for giving her the ultimate gift to end her suffering.

lotsadox
05-22-2010, 02:02 PM
I"m so sorry, Rosa. It's so hard to let them go, but as Kim said, it is the greatest gift.

Run free, Sandy Jo :hearts::hearts:

Lisa
05-22-2010, 02:15 PM
Oh Rosa, I am so sorry to hear of Sandy Jo's passing. :bighug:

RIP Sweet Girl.

Opaleyz
05-22-2010, 02:50 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. Rest in peace, sweet girl :candle:

Rafi
05-22-2010, 02:58 PM
Sorry for your loss, when you feel up to it, you can make a tribute to her in this thread by posting some photos and maybe a story.

Jacqueline
05-22-2010, 04:37 PM
I'm so sorry for you. I know how hard it is to even talk about it for a while. You did the best thing for her, and I know that she loved you for it. RIP little one.

RosaC
05-22-2010, 06:25 PM
I really appreciate all the replies. Sandy meant the world to me and it feels wonderful to know that there's so many other people here who understand how much you can love and bond with a Dachshund. I have some photos I took the night before her passing, I'll post them as soon as I upload them.

Frankie'sMom
05-22-2010, 06:30 PM
I'm sorry. Rest in peace Sandy Jo. :candle4:

K2
05-22-2010, 09:55 PM
I am so sorry for your loss, Rosa. :hug99:
You gave Sandy Jo the ultimate and loving gift of letting her go when you knew it was too much for her.:thankyou:
Rest in peace, sweet girl.:angel:

Patt
05-23-2010, 03:58 AM
I am so sorry to hear of Sandy Jo's passing. :candle3: RIP little :angel:

Alex's Mom
05-23-2010, 01:24 PM
It's so hard, Rosa. There is a certain comfort in knowing you did the right thing, but doesn't mean you miss her any less. And don't dismiss the snorts etc....Maxe hung around for a year or more after she crossed. Alex and I both saw her numerous times. :hug99::hug99:

Godspeed, sweet Sandy :candle2:

Patt
05-23-2010, 03:28 PM
And don't dismiss the snorts etc....Maxe hung around for a year or more after she crossed. Alex and I both saw her numerous times. :hug99::hug99: Godspeed, sweet Sandy :candle2:

:ditto:

This happened with our little :angel: Penny. She "watched" over us for a very long time. :hug99:

bittyup
05-24-2010, 06:45 AM
[QUOTE=Alex's Mom;382760]It's so hard, Rosa. There is a certain comfort in knowing you did the right thing, but doesn't mean you miss her any less. And don't dismiss the snorts etc....Maxe hung around for a year or more after she crossed. Alex and I both saw her numerous times. :hug99::hug99:

Rosa I am so sorry about Sandy Jo.:bighug: You love her and you kept her from suffering. The ultimate(yet difficult) gift of love. Run free special girl. You are eternally loved.

:symp1::candle2::hang::hug99:

wawailc
05-24-2010, 08:58 AM
I know I'm late with this, but I just wanted to convey how sorry I am for your loss. I know Sandy Jo was your little girl and how much you loved her. At least now she's painfree

Mama S.
05-24-2010, 01:22 PM
Been there cried those many tears:( It will get easier as time goes on. Until then you have us...:hug99: