PDA

View Full Version : It Wrecked Me~A Jethro Moment

Otto'sMom
06-03-2010, 04:35 PM
I was watching "construction intervention" and the couple who had sent in the video request were newlyweds. They were running an after school type program for the neighborhood kids in a crappy building.
Four months after they were married, the husband died. The crew was there at the 6 month wedding anniversary. They built a 'reading nook' in memory of her husband, and she commented that "I can feel him looking down and watching over us"
I sat in my chair, watching the puppies playing in the pen, just like Jethro used to, and I had the same thought, 'jethro is looking down at them, the puppy he could have been (deaf and blind) and is nyarking, wanting to play with them' and it just wrecked me.

I am so honored to have the opportunity to honor his memory, his life, by taking care of those little blind and deaf babies, and want to thank everyone who donates in Jethro's memory, or even donates in honor of Pongo and Perdita. Our little guy is looking down on us, and I still feel his head on my shoulder, and I think he approves of what we do in his name.

vferraro99
06-03-2010, 04:41 PM
I have no doubt that Jethro is looking down on the puppies... and on YOU, his only Mom, the person who loved him unconditionally and did whatever it took to save his life.

Just remember one thing: the puppies are deaf and blind to things of this earth, but they're not deaf and blind to see things that all animals can see. When Jethro joins them, they know. :hug99::hug99:

RustysMom
06-03-2010, 04:42 PM
oh crap! crying now! :sad1: He was an awesome dog with an amazing story! He inspired all of us!

RDavidP
06-03-2010, 04:47 PM
Ok, now that my heart is back to normal rthym... When I saw the title, I was so afraid something had happened to the puppies.

I think Jethro approves as he has sent several look-a-likes or close enoughs to you.

Barb
06-03-2010, 05:13 PM
:sad1: Weeping.....remembering......and reaffirming the reason the Sanctuary was created in Jethro's name..... He was like no other....He was special :heart:

SaxLady
06-03-2010, 09:52 PM
Andrea--Check your pm's. It's good news.

oceangirls
06-03-2010, 10:06 PM
Oh, I think he IS playing with them... you just can't see him :) I know it is not the same as being able to hug him, but it is awesome he sent them for when you need a little white puppy hug :hug99:

Mama S.
06-04-2010, 06:31 PM
s*h*i*t............... eyeballs leaking nose running heart hurting. I miss him. Will do whatever I can to honor him and help his cause!