PDA

View Full Version : Scary situation!

Anatresia
06-10-2010, 09:38 PM
I asked Ari to carry my lunch bag in while I carried some groceries. She promptly went through it and found a small amount of goldfish crackers left in their original bag. Taking the bag like it was gold, she ran into the living room and finished off the crackers. :rotfl:

Paul came home and I went to talk to him and she came running in with us. She left the bag. I heard a commotion and it's Butters with the bag stuck on his head.:shocked: The whole thing was ballooning up and down like he was suffocating! I ripped it off of him and he was super panicked, like he didn't know it was me.

So, lesson learned and be warned- goldfish cracker bags are a safety hazard around dachshunds! He's fine now, btw.

oceangirls
06-10-2010, 09:43 PM
Good to know. I'm glad Butters is okay. I am sure he learned nothing at all from this traumatic experience, though!

lotsadox
06-10-2010, 09:50 PM
Good to know. I'm glad Butters is okay. I am sure he learned nothing at all from this traumatic experience, though!

Absolutely nothing. Food will always win out over a bad experience. However, if he had a bad experience in obedience training, he would remember it forever. :rolleyes:

RustysMom
06-10-2010, 10:24 PM
my cat got her head stuck in the loop handle of a paper bag once. Try catching a cat that's freaked out running in every direction in the house! Not easy! She was so traumatized after that! she hasn't gone near a bag since!

I'm happy to hear Butters is ok, That is an interesting and scary situation!

areese
06-10-2010, 10:30 PM
Bags ARE scary!! A dog at an agility trial smothered in a cookie bag his mom left in the car...she just put him in and when back to pack up her stuff. There was a vet there at the trial but she couldn't bring him back. it was so awful and now I am paranoid about bags. I cut or tear them up if I put them in the trash and don't have any in the car. It's good to be reminded!!! I'm soooo glad Butters is ok!!!!!

Otto'sMom
06-10-2010, 11:11 PM
That was my favorite photo of Jethro, with his head stuck in the bag:sosad:

Rafi
06-11-2010, 06:24 AM
That was scary wow. I'm glad in the end nobody got hurt.

I'm not sure what the Laws are in the U.S. but they put warnings on all bags here in Canada.

We just picked up some poop bags and this is whats written on them.

Warning: Plastic bags can be dangerous. Keep out of reach of children & infants. Bags may cause suffocation if used improperly. This is not a toy for pets or children.

So I would be careful with bags even around kids.

Lisa
06-11-2010, 07:22 AM
OMG :shocked: I am SO happy that Mr. B is okay. :relieved: That is very traumatic for you as well. :bighug:

vferraro99
06-11-2010, 01:32 PM
WOW! That was really scary... and I bet Mr. B will not get near a bag again for some time. I'm so glad he's okay!!

Jacqueline
06-11-2010, 02:07 PM
I just got on my husband for leaving a bottle of soda sitting on the floor in a plastic bag. We don't call Taffy and Molly nosy parkers for nothing. I'm glad Butters is okay. Is it really their job to scare us to death?

K2
06-11-2010, 08:52 PM
:wow: that is scary! Glad that Butters is okay.

bittyup
06-12-2010, 12:34 AM
my cat got her head stuck in the loop handle of a paper bag once. Try catching a cat that's freaked out running in every direction in the house! Not easy! She was so traumatized after that! she hasn't gone near a bag since!

:ditto:on that experience. Poor Gordy was one unhappy kitty. I am so glad Mr. B. is o.k. That must have been fightening. Goldfish bags are just the right size for dachshunds head.